Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Charlaine Harris: Dying for Daylight

[Post New]by petronia121 on Mar 5, 11 8:08 AM
I really loved this game. I would have to say it's one of my top five favorites of all time from Big Fish Games (BFG). I thought the character interactions, the graphic novel/comic book like dialogue scenes, the graphics and the challenging, but not too complicated gameplay, were outstanding. I also really like that Dying for Daylight offered hints, explained in detail, without having to use a BFG walkthrough or buying a strategy guide. I can't wait for the sequel.

Edited on 03/05/2011 at 8:11:02 AM PST

[Post New]by PomPrincessRose on Mar 5, 11 11:49 AM
I really think this game should have been labeled Part 1 to avoid customer confusion/anger. That said, I really like the game and am really looking forward to Part 2. I hope that it comes out VERY soon, otherwise, it may lose momentum in sales, IMO. When you have a story like this with this much detail, the sequel needs to come out quickly or much will be forgotten.

ccostly
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by ccostly on Mar 6, 11 7:36 PM
This game started off well. Interesting storyline and point of view. However, we were not expecting this to be as short as it was. And, there is no sequel on the Big Fish website so far. So, we were stuck at a cliffhanger ending.

The graphics were fair, good artwork, funny dialogue, some creepiness, good sound effects.

Overall, a B- due to the ending. If we had known it was the first half of a two part series, we probably would not have purchased.

johnandi5
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by johnandi5 on Mar 7, 11 8:58 AM
Loved this game and found it very amusing. Made me laugh on several occasions and my husband wondered what was going on lol. Liked the different places to visit and found it interesting and sometimes challenging. Made me really think what was the next thing to do. It is a pity that you don't get to completely finish off the game and have to wait for the next episodes but I still found it worth buying and if the next release is as good as this I will not hesitate to buy.

mlk2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by mlk2 on Mar 8, 11 4:54 AM
Very disappointed this game was not a complete story. Felt somewhat cheated.....

[Post New]by deltachuck on Mar 8, 11 6:18 AM
I too liked the game. The only complaint I really have is that it takes the scenes so long to change. Other than that I liked it. I agree that if the next one is as good it will be a buy for me.

[Post New]by daniabraham on Mar 8, 11 9:13 AM
Really enjoyed the Demo but won't be purchasing after reading from other members that it is to be continued... wish they would tell you this at the beginning to save wasting credits on a 4 episode game!

[Post New]by skittles361974 on Mar 8, 11 9:41 PM
a real cool game please release the next one soon it was so much fun pretending to be a vamp! Dying for daylight loved the beginning and the middle it holds you in suspense so again for a fan please release the ending !!!!!!!! Thanks mystical_fairy

chadilia
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by chadilia on Mar 13, 11 12:13 AM
Despite a few flaws, very entertaining game that was worth the purchase! I loved the very unique story. It reminded me a little of "Bitten," getting to play as the "bad guy," a vampire. That's the best part of games: putting yourself in the shoes of someone you would never be in real life. The main complaints I have about this game are 1. the loading times between scenes seem very long to me (in other games you can move from scene to scene instantly) and 2. a lot of times you are expected to find some random object in a scene without any indication that you should even be looking for one - I ended up clicking my mouse crazily all over screens to make sure I didn't miss a tiny little object, and then always accidentally clicking an arrow that took me to another screen (frustrating). Oh, of course an unexpectedly abrupt ending is no fun either, but that's already been covered by many others here Overall a fine game, with its main strength being the interesting setting and story.

jcballar
Guppy
Guppy
138 Posts

[Post New]by jcballar on Mar 13, 11 12:41 PM
Since this thread was started by BFG asking for feedback, I'm responding.

After 3+ years as a monthly BFG Club subscriber, this is my first negative review about any game I've purchased.

To be fair, I loved the refreshing change of the edgy music, character and dialogue. So nice to not feel like I was playing another HOG based on a Harlequin Romance Novel. The PG-13 "sexiness" level was fun, too, and not the least bit offensive (I'm a female in my my mid-50's).

That said, I feel like I totally wasted a $7 game credit on this game because of the length of play time. I am not a quick HOG player, rarely use hints, and even more rarely use walkthroughs or forums. I like playing my games for an hour or so everyday, during my spare time, and the fact that they usually take me a couple of weeks to finish. Today, I had a rare Sunday afternoon all to myself and looked forward to playing DFD. I was so disappointed that it came to an abrupt end after only a couple hours.

Heck, every game that I've beta-tested for BFG has taken longer than that!

Anyway, while I send kudos to the game developers for taking the risk of new edginess, I will not buy the next sequels until they are all out and packaged in a one-price special.

[Post New]by Game_Fearie666 on Mar 14, 11 8:41 PM
I love Charlaine Harris, so will definitely be buying this.

chadilia
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by chadilia on Mar 15, 11 1:02 AM
jcballar wrote:Since this thread was started by BFG asking for feedback, I'm responding.

After 3+ years as a monthly BFG Club subscriber, this is my first negative review about any game I've purchased.

To be fair, I loved the refreshing change of the edgy music, character and dialogue. So nice to not feel like I was playing another HOG based on a Harlequin Romance Novel. The PG-13 "sexiness" level was fun, too, and not the least bit offensive (I'm a female in my my mid-50's).

That said, I feel like I totally wasted a $7 game credit on this game because of the length of play time. I am not a quick HOG player, rarely use hints, and even more rarely use walkthroughs or forums. I like playing my games for an hour or so everyday, during my spare time, and the fact that they usually take me a couple of weeks to finish. Today, I had a rare Sunday afternoon all to myself and looked forward to playing DFD. I was so disappointed that it came to an abrupt end after only a couple hours.

Heck, every game that I've beta-tested for BFG has taken longer than that!

Anyway, while I send kudos to the game developers for taking the risk of new edginess, I will not buy the next sequels until they are all out and packaged in a one-price special.

jcballar, I hope you didn't quit playing after the very first "to be continued" message? That wasn't the end of the game. It seems like there was a lot of confusion about that - there are actually 4 smaller games packaged into 1 here. You just have to hit the "continue" button at the bottom of the screen and you can keep playing

tesloca
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by tesloca on Mar 15, 11 8:54 AM
Only played like 10 to 15 minutes..couldn't stand her voice..

OzzyRobyn
Minnow
Minnow
254 Posts

[Post New]by OzzyRobyn on Mar 15, 11 11:34 AM

Nice to have a game with a decent story! I really liked the mix of puzzle and H0.
I was a bit confused by the chapter format, someone who is unfamiliar with games might think it had finished after the first chapter, and what a short game that would be! But it went on to be a nice long game which I enjoyed a lot.
Highly recommended.

[Post New]by werockett on Mar 15, 11 4:58 PM
I could not stop playing the game! Really liked it. If I could pre-order the sequel I would!

It was hard to have it end 'in the middle'...but at the same time, I can respect how much work they put into this game. It takes 4-6 hours to play through if you are not using a walkthrough to help you. At some point, you do have to do the economics on something that most people might only pay a 'discounted' price for (diff profit on $7 vs & 20).

But then I work in the software field...so I have a slightly different pov then some. But what I would have done is make darn sure that we didn't release this one until the other was in finishing. They don't want to build up a demand and have people forget about the game before the second part is done. :-)

marachat
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by marachat on Mar 15, 11 9:11 PM
Ohh I simply LOVED this game! There was almost nothing to complain about!
Graphics
The characters
Music (especially the menu-music!)
Gameplay
Story
Trophies
Instant fav!
The one and only and really big flaw was that it was so short! In my opinion there should've been that extra "Part 1" in the title. I got really disappointed when the game was over.
Nevertheless, I hope the sequel comes SOON SOON SOON!

[Post New]by earthfairies on Mar 17, 11 6:19 PM
I certainly loved the game. I like games where there are actual talking going on or voices as well as the fantastic array of puzzles in this game were fantastic. The intro song is fabulous!! I love it!! Wish I knew where to download it for my ipod.

The down side is the to be continued and the next sequel. I hate waiting for endings but with this game it is worth the wait. Hopefully it will be soon.

Big fish you need more games like this one. Excellent graphics, Talking voices (not just silly reading subtitles) Great combinations of puzzles, hidden objects and things to search for and do. Some games have too many or all hidden objects and it becomes boring. This one has just the right amount. ;-)

Might I add I also love the Art of Murder series and games that last longer than 4 hours. ;-)

[Post New]by unicornfish on Mar 18, 11 9:06 AM
Where is the end of the story I wonder?????? I was really frustrated!

318Pisces
Clownfish
Clownfish
642 Posts

[Post New]by 318Pisces on Mar 19, 11 1:54 PM
LOVED IT!!!
Excellent characters, storyline, graphics and presentation...
Truly enjoyed it and look forward to the sequel...
A little dark, edgy, humorous vamp game with a good mix of mini games & H0's....
I wish you could go back to gather trophies that weremissed the 1st time around..
Oh well, I just may have to replay.. (Not a complaint)
Keep up the good work!! Please send sequel soon!
318Pisces
Karen

mintjulelip
Minnow
Minnow
232 Posts

[Post New]by mintjulelip on Mar 19, 11 5:20 PM
What a funny game! I didn't try this right away because I generally stay away from the proverbial vampire stuff but I was desperate for a fix so I gave it a try.

MECHANICS: The game loads quickly and I didn't have any bugs or issues. There are a lot of dialogue screens but you can either click through to hear/read the dialogue or skip completely. Inventory items are easy to use and I didn't find myself stuck. The hint system is fairly intensive in that you can actually have several tasks at once and you can use the hint system for a specific task instead of wasting a hint on the obvious. Moving from one area to the other is easy and any loading time is quick. Graphics are clear and well-done. The music is odd - country western in the beginning? lol That threw me! Not much music in the actual game but when there is, it's very well done. Devs did a great job mixing up the game play to keep you actively involved. The HOG scenes have some rather unusual items which made for some interesting play There is a map to navigate which is much better than walking Kudos to the devs for putting some thought into this game. Not just from a technical standpoint, but from the player standpoint. Good job!

GAME PLAY: This game is actually pretty humorous; very tongue-in-cheek! Once you get into the story line, you will find yourself chuckling. The mini-games are varied and fun; not run of the mill. Lot of going back and forth but in this case, it's actually kind of fun. There is a "trophy" section (for lack of a better term) to view special items you collect along the way. Be ready for the country music when you go there however lol I still can't help giggling at that.

I played the entire demo and I am only about 1/3rd of the way through so I would venture to say this game is probably longer than the average game for this genre.

Out of 5 stars and 2 thumbs up,
I give this game and

Definitely worth the $6.99 or a credit. Happy gaming!

~Minty

Edited on 03/19/2011 at 5:22:22 PM PST

Go to: