queencate
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Shiver: Vanishing Hitchhiker Collector's Edition

[Post New]by queencate on Apr 30, 11 5:49 PM
great game ...spooky i loved it ...if you can love a game ...enjoyed it to the end ...all i can say is more please bfg

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Shiver: Vanishing Hitchhiker Collector's Edition

[Post New]by ecrvtbyn on May 1, 11 8:09 AM
I wonder if BFG is cursed by a Shaman, you keep making fantastic games like this.
Well i have nothing to criticize this, this is absolutely what a gamer wants.

Keep up the good works, Big fish, we love you ^^

silverink
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

[Post New]by silverink on May 2, 11 12:39 PM
This was an excellent game. Great graphics, good story and music, and it had some challenge when played on difficult mode. The length was good and there were even a few scares along the way. (Voices throughout the game would have made it even better). The bonus was about one chapter in length - a little short, but the story tied into the game. I appreciated that the wallpapers were available at the beginning of the game and widescreen adjustment was available.

Overall, a very well-made, enjoyable game!

[Post New]by phoenix_rising on May 2, 11 2:50 PM
Great game and I bought the ce. Most of them do not work to well for me this one was without a hitch. Needed the guide maybe twice. Worth to play again.
I am using xp

[Post New]by Streifenbarbe on May 3, 11 5:06 AM
Nice game you can play completely relaxed. Fair hidden object scenes, good graphics, minigames not too hard. But far too short for a CE! I am not very fast and tend to skip minigames ( which I did not do in this game) and finished after 4,5 hours, bonusgame included.
It's a buy anyhow!

Edited on 05/03/2011 at 5:07:17 AM PST

Your Comments and Reviews for Shiver: Vanishing Hitchhiker Collector's Edition

[Post New]by new_bellydancer on May 4, 11 6:29 PM
I absolutly loved this game. The creepiness, the storyline, the graphics. I bought as soon as I was able.

The only problem I had with it, is that I finished the same day I bought it. Not because I spent all day on it either. Plus I played in the adventure mode which was suppose to be a lil harder. I hope they have a sequel coming out soon. I want to know what happened to our character. Plus I think you had some unfinished business. I don't like loose threads. lol

Edited on 05/04/2011 at 6:30:54 PM PST

barbee44
Clownfish
Clownfish
667 Posts

[Post New]by barbee44 on May 4, 11 7:19 PM
I waited for the SE and just finished the demo. I would have been very disappointed had a paid 13.99 for this game.

The story is OK, the graphics could be better. I don't like the smoky look or the dark scenes. I don't like using a flashlight to find things either. I like a lot of light.

But what I disliked the most was the HOG scenes. They were terrible. The objects were small and barely visible and a few times even with the hint I couldn't recognize the object.

I won't be buying this one even for SE price. Not even a DD because it's too frustrating.

sheepgirl
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by sheepgirl on May 6, 11 6:03 AM
edmee1947 wrote:my god!i was waiting this game for months,and now,when i downloaded the demo it says:your trial version is expired!what hapenned?has anybody have those trouble?i wanted to buy but this let me very suspicious !now,i'm not sure this game will play well!

It did the same to me Edmee.......I'm using a macbook......but once I re-opened the game this morning, it seems to have sorted itself.
I do remember though that one or two games have done this to me in the past and I've had to uninstall the demo and download again from scratch.
Sorry.
Hope this helps

[Post New]by peppermintpig on May 6, 11 1:55 PM
I have played many,many Games and this ranks right up their with Ravenhearst as one of the top ones. Bravo and give us more...

[Post New]by BarbaraSobreira on May 7, 11 5:12 PM
I'm not one to review usually, but this game deserves a lot of praise. It's a genuinely creepy game, and I'll admit that I got a good scare or two... The style reminds me of the 'Fatal Frame' video game series (the photographs, ghosts) while being a great IHOG game. The hidden object scenes are just right, with interactive objects and the hint charges quickly on Casual mode. Overall, a great game that is actually worth the CE. Hoping for more like this one.

grover3e
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by grover3e on May 11, 11 2:22 PM
EXCELLENT game. Other than MCF this is my first CE, and it was well worth the extra money (the extra playing time in the bonus section was worth the cost alone). One small note (which in no way impacted my enjoyment of the game) is that you still get sparkles, and sometimes they are wrong, in that you've already done all there is to do in a particular "sparkly" location, or you can't yet do what you need to do there. However, I didn't even want that much help, so it was OK by me. The mini-games were are interesting and doable and I never once felt like skipping (a minor miracle for me). I can't praise this game enough and can't wait for more by this group. Thanks for such a great game-playing experience!

FIVE OF FIVE STARS!!!!!

mycatluna
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

One of the only Collector's Editions Thus far that I believe is Worth Extra Money

[Post New]by mycatluna on May 14, 11 1:48 PM
This game is phenomenal. I am of the opinion that very few Collector's Editions are actually worth the extra price but if any are, this one is it.
The game is perfectly balanced. It is fairly linear, leaving room for exploration without walking around all over the place repeatedly to find a single item. The amount of hidden object scenes versus interaction and adventure makes for an almost perfect blend. The hidden object scenes themselves are very well done and interactive, with puzzles inside puzzles to be completed. Furthermore, hidden object scenes are not located in the same place over and over; rather spread out throughout the numerous locations to keep the player from becoming bored.
I am delighted that there is a wide-screen correction option so that the graphics are not stretched.This should be a mandatory option for all games going forward. There is also a choice of difficulty levels which is a must for many players.

The storyline itself is excellent. It's in-depth and interesting, and kept me glued to the screen to find out what was going to happen next.The supernatural happenings as you play are very well done and add a great creep-factor without being cheesy.The use of the camera is a great addition and while it has it's purpose, it's also fun to take pictures of your surroundings, as the camera film holds up to 50 pictures. I love the built-in flashlight that can be used throughout the game as well and it lights up a rather large sized area just as a regular flashlight would.The use of inventory objects is expertly done, using common sense and common items that one would typically find in the areas in which they are hidden.

The artwork/graphics are beautifully rendered and immerse the player into the environment.The journal is also well done: informative without being overly cluttered with unneeded information. I also like the use of voice-acting in key areas.

All in all, this is an expert game that the developer's put a lot of thought and work into. It's truly unique and original which is more than I can say for most games out there that use the same plot and storyline over and over. This is a gem of a game and one not to be missed!! Desperately awaiting a sequel and I hope to see more fantastic, near perfect games from this developer.

The bonus game in the Collector's Edition is worth it as it is lengthy and actually adds to the storyline, so you are actually paying for relevant content others will miss, not just fluff!!

One of the only Collector's Editions Thus far that I believe is Worth Extra Money

[Post New]by AlisonV on May 16, 11 11:47 AM
A superb game - enticing, involved and really loved having the extra tools - the torch came in really useful and being able to take a photograph could be very useful too - not least because it expanded the scene occasionally.
Fab mini-games, good storyline, really creepy music. A piece of art as well as entertainment.

Edited on 05/16/2011 at 11:48:15 AM PST

318Pisces
Clownfish
Clownfish
642 Posts

[Post New]by 318Pisces on May 19, 11 8:00 PM
I loved it too!

Thank you DEVELOPER for superb graphics & brilliant (kept looking over my shoulder) creepiness factor!

Karen

ject58
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by ject58 on May 22, 11 10:29 AM
Loved this game!! Very creepy in parts-the way the shadow would appear out of the corner of your eye, and the boy would show up when you weren't expecting it. Challenging enough not to be boring. I don't usually buy the CE, but I made an exception this time, and I'm glad that I did. Loved the bonus play, although I have to say I was a bit disappointed at the ending-it was too simple an ending for what you had to go through to get there. All in all, tho, the best game I've played in a long time!!

Erin92486
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by Erin92486 on May 26, 11 7:52 AM
SPOILER ALERT

All the reviews are spot on for this game :-) I loved it and loved that there was not a ton of handholding. Now for the SPOILER ALERT:

I'm not sure if this is a real spoiler alert or not, but to be on the safe side, I marked it as such. Pay the extra money or the extra credit (Thanx BFG! I LOVE this new option) and get the CE -- it's the difference between what is concidered a "sad ending" and a "happy ending" You will be completely satisfied with the regular edition, but the CE is well worth the extra $$ for the game time!!

Becca_jxxx
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Becca_jxxx on Jun 2, 11 4:15 PM
Bought this game, loved it!! The puzzles were different and challenging, the ambience of the game was spooky along with the few jumpy bits- I thoroughly enjoyed it. Great game BFG .

LadyIn60s
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by LadyIn60s on Jun 4, 11 7:55 AM
FABULOUS GAME, I agree with all positive comments! This is one of the few games that kept me interested and wanting for more when it finally ended. I had a glitch mid-way and it was suggested I start over with a new profile. I was not happy about that but decided to give it a try. IT WAS WELL WORTH PLAYING A SECOND TIME AND I GOT BEYOND THE GLITCH. I'm a graphics and sound person, this game fit into all that I like about a game. The graphics fit the whole theme of the story even though having a somewhat murky appearance. NOTHING BAD FOR ME!!! On to the next CE!

[Post New]by Ripley63 on Jul 1, 11 8:34 PM
I'm gonna have to check into the bonus, I seen the strategy guild but I didn't see the bonus UGH!

IYBAKH
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

[Post New]by IYBAKH on Aug 18, 11 5:58 PM
I agree with all the positive comments. This game is one of the best! AWESOME in every way! Great graphics; appropriate music; intriguing story line; plus all the other extra features -- a flashlight which we even used on the dark corners in the iHOGS (made a difference); a camera that took actual photos of the event, even though it wasn't flashing or part of the script. This is a game for a more experienced player, in my opinion. I found that it was challenging, intellectually-stimulating; and even emotional. I congratulate the developers for an outstanding product! I'm glad I bought the Collector's Edition as I wasn't ready for the main game to end. I can look forward to the Bonus game.

Edited on 08/18/2011 at 6:00:55 PM PST

Go to: