Re:Your Comments and Reviews for The Fool

[Post New]by babygoldacres on May 3, 11 12:19 AM
Great graphics, very easy to play. Overall A bit childish for my tastes but in a good fairy tale sort of way. I'll put it in my "might buy later folder" for now.

100thMonkey
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by 100thMonkey on May 6, 11 7:07 PM
Darn, I was sorry to see that game end. It was fun. And you guys are hilarious. Very, very enjoyable. Really interesting **** scenes and verrrrrry interesting games to play! I immediately looked for other games from the devs, but realized I'd already played the Crusoe games and enjoyed those, too. So, congratulations.

Now a little mild criticism for BFG. When a SE game like this comes along, it makes me remember when a CE was really, really something special. Now, I like them, don't get me wrong, but they get to feel real similar a lot of the time. Several times, I just know it, I've heard the same music. I've gotten real used to being in some car and crashing to start with .

That's all for now. I just felt like THE FOOL was outstanding.

Blessings,

margieejj
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by margieejj on May 11, 11 1:58 PM
I absolutley loved this game... ......MJ

[Post New]by crazybluegirl200 on May 15, 11 3:00 PM
I really enjoyed this game. The story was different from most of the stuff out there. The ending was funny also. The difficulty of the game is easy to medium. It's not a very long game so if you are looking for length this is not the way to go. It may have taken me 3-4 hours to finish. Even though it was short I still enjoyed it because if it had been longer the story would have been dull.

enigma5619
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by enigma5619 on May 17, 11 5:40 PM
[b] CRUELTY TO DRAGONS!!!!!!!BOOO..HISSSSS....but really a great game with inventive easy puzzles and a some fun characters....really cute game!

[Post New]by kerith90angel on May 18, 11 1:20 PM
Big Fish THANK YOU! What a gorgeous game! The scenes were so crisp and clear, the storyline adorable. Here is a new one among my favorites, Redemption Cemetary, Reincarnations (both) and Dire Grove. I always pay attn to the companys made a game I loved and will buy any game I find made by that company.
Such as Elixir of Immortality / Reincarnations / Gravely Silent-house of deadlock (and then I want the coll ed only).

What other games were made by the makers of The Fool?

Also, I could only find one a HI- DEFINITION game-- Flux family Secrets/Rabbit. Will there be more? The clearer the hidd. obj games the funner they are. AlthoughTHE FOOL is so clear I thought it was!

Edited on 05/18/2011 at 1:31:02 PM PST

[Post New]by MigoShieldwalker on May 19, 11 8:52 PM
I've never commented here and I've been a BigFish game player for many years. I must say I almost passed this one up and that would have been my loss

Great interface, gameplay, and artwork. Music was perfect, interaction and story compelled me to continue and actually participate. I spent the afternoon taking a leisurely approach and everytime I came back to the game I wasn't lost or wandering aimlessly and getting stuck. Just enough to keep me curious and exploring and looking for the next thing. Sometimes I want to be entertained a little and relax the brain, so the skip button for puzzles keeps me from getting frustrated. Every moment was very enjoyable and fun. I took a close look at the Credits, fwiw. Cudos to these developers.

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on May 21, 11 8:52 AM
I enjoy puzzles and do not like to skip them. HOWEVER, I sometimes need help and the video solutions are not the answer. In fact, I detest video solutions. I can never follow along fast enough to get the help I need. I liked the game and just finished playing for the second time, but it reminded me of the video solutions and I thought I'd post to let the devs know. Thanks for a good game, but please use a SG or walkthru for solutions. Marianne

ph007
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
9 Posts

[Post New]by ph007 on May 25, 11 5:40 AM
Loved this game.

Humour! (oh I cannot overstate the importance of humour)

Story! (oh I cannot overstate the importance of a good story)

Fun. Fun. Fun.

Will definitely look for more from these developers. Hope there is a sequel. Gotta explore that marriage!!! lol Wifey clearly ain't no pushover. Fool's gonna have the time of his life.

Oh! And we have to see more of the guy at the beginning, Can't remember his name right now. But gotta love his sarcasm and clear doubt about the Fool's ability to NOT get eaten by the dragon.

Loved it all!

chadilia
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by chadilia on May 26, 11 5:22 PM
kerith90angel wrote:

What other games were made by the makers of The Fool?

They made the Pirates of the Caribbean game too - I really liked the silliness/quirkiness of that one, and found I was really tickled by "the Fool" as well! Great game!

[Post New]by igorka007 on May 26, 11 11:05 PM
They made "Adventures of Robinson Crusoe" and the "The Robinson Crusoe and The Cursed Pirates" wich is a sequel
A lot of fun and unique logic games

monkeyface881
Manatee
Manatee
4,138 Posts

[Post New]by monkeyface881 on Jun 2, 11 5:32 AM
Just finished it:
EXCELLENT game!

Storyline- enchanting, lighthearted and humerous! A wonderful combination!

Graphics/Artwork- lovely, clear and creative

Music- Enjoyable and fits in nicely to the settings

Puzzles- Just the right amount of HOG and interactive puzzles, as well as some brain teasers. All accomplishable by yourself but giving just enough of a challenge.

Length- longer than I expected. I probably completed it in 6 hours, but I'm not entirely sure.

I thought this was a very good game and will certainly re-play it in the future! Very happy with this purchase!

meanbusiness
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by meanbusiness on Jun 3, 11 8:53 AM
monkeyface881 wrote:Just finished it:
EXCELLENT game!

Storyline- enchanting, lighthearted and humerous! A wonderful combination!

Graphics/Artwork- lovely, clear and creative

Music- Enjoyable and fits in nicely to the settings

Puzzles- Just the right amount of HOG and interactive puzzles, as well as some brain teasers. All accomplishable by yourself but giving just enough of a challenge.

Length- longer than I expected. I probably completed it in 6 hours, but I'm not entirely sure.

I thought this was a very good game and will certainly re-play it in the future! Very happy with this purchase!

Totally agree. Absolutely beautiful game.

IYBAKH
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

[Post New]by IYBAKH on Jul 8, 11 12:31 PM
Once again, Magicindies Company has developed a superb, creative, unique, and humorous game. I'm never disappointed in their products. The graphics are crisp, the "fairy-tale" story is made to fit the "fool" theme, all-in-all, it was just so much fun! The puzzles were completely new to me, very doable, but took some thinking power as well. Definitely will be a replay for me!

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

[Post New]by Liasmani on Jul 13, 11 10:19 AM
Graphics – 3 stars
Story – 2.5 stars
Music/Sounds – 3 stars
Gameplay – 3 stars
Overall – 2.875 stars

My ratings of games can be high as 5 and can be low as 1.

Ratings Explained:

1 star: Poor
2 stars: Okay
3 stars: Good
4 stars: Great
5 stars: Excellent

I won’t be purchasing this game at all. For those who did – Happy Gaming!

Aracnix
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Aracnix on Jul 20, 11 7:57 PM
I'm just playing through some of the initial screens, and I'm very satisfied with how this game meshes beautifully with my expectation for the experience.

The intro sequence, I think, was longer than it needed, and the animation/3D rendering is disjointed from the ground-level, primarily 2D assets that otherwise dominate the game. There was a discussion about intro sequences at the workshop, and it was mentioned that they are very expensive. I skipped over it entirely the second time of seeing it, because there wasn't really anything that it offered to the game beyond a prologue. That's all fine, but if it isn't interactive, then the game experience is delayed beyond what I've already waited, with the download time, the menu screen, the name entry, etc. Having to watch a cinematic that doesn't ultimately affect my decision to play the game is, I think, unnecessary. Rather, a way to introduce the story might be to have flashback scenes later in the game (like Outland) that are playable. (Guild Wars also introduced this mechanic with their Eye of the North add-on chapters, to great success!) Alternatively, there are lots of story mechanics that are simply formula to these sorts of adventure/hero plots, such as The Old Man in Scene 23, or Hero Meets the Mystic Sorceress With A Low-Cut Dress. These scenes could offer the chance to fill in the story, while offering playable levels.

The music is fantastic! I love every jaunty moment of it. Kudos to your music director.

Will post more as I come across any more opinions.

Aracnix
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Aracnix on Jul 20, 11 8:06 PM
The models used in your scenes are wonderful, and the texture art is detailed without being cluttered. The lack of depth of field makes things much more flat, but perhaps that was your intention as you transitioned from the 3D scenes to the 2D interface. Did you texture the models before rendering, or is the color/texture art post-render? The consistency of the modeling style is, at any rate, nicely done.

Poem123
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by Poem123 on Jul 22, 11 8:19 AM
Excellent game. Wonderful developer. Quirky fairytale setting.

- finely-tuned blend of adventure, HOG scenes and puzzles
- attention to detail, tiny extras, animations, dialogue
- HOG scenes are carefully placed junk piles that don't feel like junk piles
- crisp, clear graphics, excellent interface
- casual mode offers subtle sparkles and fast hints/skips
- expert puzzles are much more challenging
- quirky sense of humor, voiced cut-scenes
- widescreen correction does not stretch fully (has black bars on sides)
- shorter than I would have liked but still a decent length
- strategy guide link (never tried it so not sure)

pixyolive
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by pixyolive on Jul 22, 11 12:42 PM
I LOVE this game except for...
- Too short! Or maybe I was just enjoying it too fast (...is that possible)
- the creepy-themed level, not my personal cup of tea
- some minigames were over my head, had to skip some

nikma
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by nikma on Jul 27, 11 4:10 PM
bellissimo gioco,l'**** acquistato in italiano e mi sono divertita molto......e una favola fantasiosa....consigliato....

Go to: