Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for: Princess Isabella: Return of the Curse Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Jun 18, 11 6:59 AM
LARGE SPOILER AHEAD

redheadedgranma wrote:I have just freed the Dwarf Chief and he gave me a lump of coal but my journal says he gave me a door handle. Also, how does my fairy gain the ability to use fire? I have looked everywhere and am stuck. All the scenes are cleared except for the toy store. I still need a puppet head and can't find it anywhere. I have reached the Dwarf Chief's house and can go no further. The Strategy Guide is totally useless! As a matter of fact, it says that I still need to wake up the herbalist and puppetmaster and I have already done this a while back. HELP anybody!!!

* * LARGE SPOILER COMING UP * *

Hi there redheadedgranma - this question has gone unanswered for so long, because you posted it in Comments and Reviews. It would have been better to start a New Discussion, then you would have received an answer sooner

The Puppet Maker gives you the Door Handle (not the Dwarf Chief). When you release the Dwarf Chief from the crystal he is trapped in (using the green gems), he gives you the Coal. You use this coal in the 'oven' inside the Dwarf's house to obtain the Fire ability for the Fairy.

When you are using the Strategy Guide, you need to click on the sentence and it will expand, to show you the next 'step'. Also use the MAP in the back of the Journal as it will show Cursed Areas, areas with things to do, and cleared areas.

If you are stuck again, please start a new discussion, then it will be seen straight away (as I check this forum regularly), but I no longer read Comments and reviews very often as I have already played the game all the way through

Kel

Edited on 06/18/2011 at 7:01:51 AM PST

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for: Princess Isabella: Return of the Curse Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Deju33 on Jun 18, 11 9:52 PM
Not liking it too much SG not very helpful and fairy very annoying at times and of no help when i get stuck not worth the money but then just my opinion

herbphd
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by herbphd on Jul 14, 11 5:42 PM
Can't find the walk through

pomconfi
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

few words to creators....

[Post New]by pomconfi on Jul 22, 11 4:24 AM
Hello everybody,
Just wanted to share my feelings.
the game is great of course... no doubt! beautiful world, nice characters, enough magic :-) etc.

Just one thing... which is very frustrating . when you play the game you feel like the story isn't finished or something wrong. you have questions. why Princess married bastard Prince etc... and many unanswered questions which brake the mystery of the world.
the truth is - creators cut big part of the game - where you actually have all explanations about the Prince, dragon etc... and give it ONLY in collector edition.

basically we all know that collector's editions give us additional play after play or some other bonuses. but not in this case. in that case collector's edition is actually THE game
and there's nowhere written that if we want to have full story we have to buy collector edition..
that is actually frustrating. because I haven't seen the collector edition and I had no idea that story is actually weirdly cut. and one of the main pieces is ONLY for collectors.
I bought at first this game and then when I realize that... I had to buy collector edition.... waste of money and frustration....
at least they should say something in description...

voila :-)

[Post New]by kittylady417 on Jul 27, 11 9:19 AM
I have to say I enjoyed the game and spent an enjoyable time with it BUT I probably will never buy another collector's edition if it has a worthless "guide" like this one. I didn't care much for the final chapter or the wallpapers either but the guide was an absolute waste---do this do that and if you leave the page you have to click down the list to get back to where you just can't get it. I used another site's walkthrough instead when I really got stuck. Next time I will wait for the regular release if there is a "guide" like this one!

Becca_jxxx
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Becca_jxxx on Aug 21, 11 6:28 AM
I loved the first game of this series, this game is also good, although slightly confusing at times. Good graphics, good music and good storyline. You have your fairy friend and cute dragon helping you along the way. The Strategy Guide I would have expected to be a bit better laid out though.

Cobweb55
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by Cobweb55 on Sep 1, 11 7:45 PM
Bought this on the ONETIME sale, and found it to be a great value for the money. Played in advanced mode and was very frustrated in the beginning, with no instructions. I almost blew it off, and am glad I didn't. Great graphics, voices were annoying, but not unduly so, flashing didn't bother me at all. Puzzles were some of everything... easy, medium and hard. I absolutely HATED the SG!!! I hate that format and the information in it was only marginally helpful.

All in all, I enjoyed this very long play game and will pull it out in the future and give it another whirl!!

silverink
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

[Post New]by silverink on Oct 6, 11 11:37 AM
All in all this was a very well made game with some very creative twists. The graphics were beautiful for the most part and the game play was actually pretty challenging. I liked the story and most of the puzzles and tasks.

However, there were some distinct flaws in the CE edition that I did not care for. First, the strategy guide was absolutely useless and did not even function properly, if you did find it helpful. The worst I have seen in any game. Also, while I appreciated that the wallpapers were revealed slowly during game play, instead of locked until the end which I hate, they really did not transfer well to desktop. They were small with a bright white border - so those also were useless. The bonus game was confusing, since I clicked on it when it was made available, and seemed to make me miss the last chapter of the game. I did find as I continued to play that was not the case, but it did annoy me as I interrupted play to go on line to find out what had happened.

Finally, although the graphics were pretty, they were also annoying - some things too small, some grainy or with a haze, and I hated the way the fairy was bright white and moved around constantly, and I especially hated the dragon with his constantly flapping wings. Very visually disruptive.

The first Princess Isabella game was one of my all time favorites, so I have to say that although I recognize this was a very creative and well made game, I personally did not like it nearly as much as the first one. I will still plan to play the third, and keep an open mind. Maybe the new style will grow on me?

[Post New]by shanonor82 on Dec 27, 11 10:32 AM
I loved both of these games and can't wait for the third installment hope it comes out soon

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Jul 21, 12 4:02 PM
I enjoyed the first game , so i knew i would enjoy this one. i also like the fairy. and all fairy tales are a must for me. -------------lisa

[Post New]by shylow49 on Aug 10, 12 9:04 AM
geration wrote:where are the mirror shards?

[Post New]by wepulls2006 on Aug 10, 12 10:06 AM
HELP!! When my fairy disappeared, she never came back and I need her to perform certain tasks. Does anyone know where she went and how I get her back?

[Post New]by wepulls2006 on Aug 10, 12 10:12 AM
wepulls2006 wrote:HELP!! When my fairy disappeared, she never came back and I need her to perform certain tasks. Does anyone know where she went and how I get her back?

megmano
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by megmano on Aug 10, 12 9:23 PM
I bought this without trying first. Never doing that again. I am stuck at the bridge with the troll and the hint fairy is not helping at all. She keeps flying to the troll and if I never hear the trolls voice again it will be good. I don't know why the fairly keeps flying to the the egg in the nest when I do not have any magic potion and then she flys to the berries and I can't add them to my inventory. I am very glad I got this at a discounted price. It is now useless, might as well trash it.

[Post New]by pierrotlunaire0 on Aug 18, 12 7:11 PM
The good points: puzzles and HO scenes are good. But, dear lord, the voice work is BAD. Turn off the voices and it is quite enjoyable.

Tomsde
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by Tomsde on Oct 2, 12 7:55 PM
I must confess I'm a big fan of the original game, even though it is a bit too "girly" for me. This one leaves me cold. I wish that the story had been filled out more, I've found it hard to follow. The strategy guide is so murky that I've had to seek out a walk through to help me get through a few parts. Often I've found that the hint button says that "there's nothing more to do here" and yet one has to zoom into a certain area in order to find something to advance. I think the art quite good--not blurry as others have complained about and I have a high def monitor--perhaps it's the resolution they are playing at. The music is redundant.

The bonus chapter gives you a lot more game play for the money, so if you like the trial you should probably spring for the CE. I was a bit dissapointed I couldn't save out the music at the end as I collect game scores. I was also a bit dissapointed by the ending of the story--I don't know if I'll buy the next installment unless I read that they are going to finish up the story. I feel a bit strung along and since it can be over a year from one installment to another it leaves the player a long time without an adequate ending.

I think this is a good game for kids, nothing too girm or violent. I did find it a very difficult game even on the "easy" setting--I wish there were more hidden object scens and fewer puzzles. I will no doubt have to get the final installment--but I hope it's better than this one was. The characters are cute, but I want the whole evil sister/weird story to be resolved.

Edited on 10/09/2012 at 6:55:34 PM PST

[Post New]by JackiBlack on Dec 9, 12 10:35 PM
I have been stuck a few times on this game and the strategy guide is no help at all. I am now stuck on bonus chapter and have been playing for so long that I actually forgot that there was a baby to save until I read it here!!! I may be in the minority here but I'm not a fan of this game at all,I'm hoping to have found a solution to my problem before I die or the baby in game turns 21!!????

lil_chickadee
Minnow
Minnow
248 Posts

[Post New]by lil_chickadee on Jul 13, 13 9:34 PM
Bought this as part of a sale a while back, and just now wending my way down the list to it.
I really liked the first one. The fairy had a body instead of just being a shapeless light blob. There was only one annoying helper (the fairy). I never liked the "tah dahhh! You broke the curse!!" and flashing lights at the end of each room, but it got really, really old this time.
Plus it seems that the story probably ends precisely in the middle if you don't buy the CE. (Correct me if I'm wrong, as I bought the CE and not the SE.) Strategy guides are a moot point to me, as I tend to play these games in Advanced mode and rarely need a guide, but the extra gameplay is the draw for me in a CE. That being said, I like to feel that it's EXTRA and not like if I had bought the SE I'd be left dangling with a half-finished story. Makes me feel like the developers cheated the people who didn't pay 20 bucks for their game out of a game. With hard feelings like that, I tend to avoid games by that dev in future.

Go to: