Re:Comments for Mystery Case Files: Escape From Ravenhearst CE

[Post New]by MrsMJohnson on Jan 8, 12 9:27 AM
After I finished this game the bonus was to find 30 morphing objects in the book. I can only find 29. HELP!!!!

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Jan 8, 12 2:30 PM
MrsMJohnson wrote:After I finished this game the bonus was to find 30 morphing objects in the book. I can only find 29. HELP!!!!
The BFG walkthrough shows screen shots of all 31 (not 30) morphing objects in the book.

[Post New]by MrsMJohnson on Jan 8, 12 4:34 PM
I looked in the BFG walkthrough and it ends with freeing the girls. I don't see where it shows where to find the morphing objects in the journal?

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Jan 8, 12 11:17 PM
MrsMJohnson wrote:I looked in the BFG walkthrough and it ends with freeing the girls. I don't see where it shows where to find the morphing objects in the journal?
You're probably looking at the walkthrough for the standard edition. The morphing objects in the journal are only available in the CE, and only listed in the walkthrough for the CE.

lorelei25
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by lorelei25 on Jan 8, 12 11:20 PM
MrsMJohnson wrote:I looked in the BFG walkthrough and it ends with freeing the girls. I don't see where it shows where to find the morphing objects in the journal?

The Stategy Guide & Walkthrough won't show you where to find those (like they did in Dire Grove); if you have the CE you have to delve for them yourself.
There are other posts on the forum that have lists if you get stuck.

Good luck!

[Post New]by moonriver207 on Mar 8, 12 2:46 PM
i cant get the nose hairs to work and the lady wont take the pie so i cant go any farther the game is junk because i cant finish it

Fargosis16
Minnow
Minnow
267 Posts

[Post New]by Fargosis16 on Apr 13, 12 10:40 PM
applegel wrote:
stressedoutinde wrote:The first four acts were of nice length, but act 5 & 6 were too short to even be called a whole act, even put together they took less time than 1/4 of any of the other 4 acts, imo. The fact that there is no bonus chapter is just WRONG!!!!!!! That is why a lot of us purchase the CE instead of waiting for the SE. I don't consider going through your journal looking for more morphing objects any kind of bonus.

I post almost never, this is only my 5th one, I have been a member for a long time. Bought my first BF game way back in '06. So needless to say I have played many games, but I was so dissapointed in this game I just had to say what I thought.

Hi
I don't regret buying this game at all but yes I agree with you. I couldn't help but feel rather cheated by Act 5 - it was literally go in and straight out. The whole set up for it could've been awesome. Can you imagine, you enter this beautiful tranquil place (I guess it would be showing us the 'happier' part of Charles Dalimar's life when he was courting Emma) that's such a contrast to his other nightmare reconstructions. Of course being the person he is, he would've put in all these creepy, disturbing elements which you discover upon your explorations.

I read a lot of comments on this forum about too many game developers using the predictable dark backgrounds & scenarios to create eerieness or spookiness in their games. This was such a wasted opportunity for the MCF team imho, especially after the first 3 acts

Actually this wasn't suppose to be contrast it was suppose to be one of the creepiest parts of the game because Charles is known to kill those he loved
Which is creepier
Your worst enemy trying to kill you
Or
Your enemy gettin down on one knee and popping the question

Fargosis
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by Fargosis on Apr 16, 12 3:52 PM
kamlani wrote:
krissywillow wrote:For all those people who are turned off by the morphing search scenes...They really DO GET LESS AS YOU GO ALONG IN THE GAME.

I personally think this game is INCREDIBLE. At first I was a tad put off by the morphing H0 scenes but only a little bit, I started to like it rather quickly.

This game is CHALLENGING. I've had to use the SG quite a few times and I NEVER EVER use SGs. But I like a challenging game!

It is GROSS lol. It is sad and creepy (really creepy in places) and has AMAZING graphics. (In fact I am really saddened there aren't any wallpapers with this one, I don't understand why there isn't!!)

But please, people....give the game a chance. When 13th Skull came out everyone (including myself) complained about the live actors. It seems most people hated it (myself included). However, I started by tolerating it, then sort of liking it, and now I love it and I play that game over and over and I listen to the dialog of all the characters EVERY time!

I think it's the same here. The morphing H0 scenes are new, out of the box and everyone is panicking. I think the key is to TAKE YOUR TIME. You don't have to play the game all in one sitting. Then the morphing objects are more fun because you're not in a rush.

Brilliant, brilliant game, I just LOVE the actor who plays Charles, he's right on the money w/ his craziness, lol.

I'm still playing, have 2 more "women trapped in water" to do...stuck again lol but having such a blast.

Keep up the good work BFG.

I totally agree wid my krissywillow u need to give ur time to be used to the new things with every new mcf game..

I truely enjoyed this game a lot and there were many puzzles where we need to use SG but i swear i have never used the one because that will lose the essence of playing MCF games.

Morphing objects were more fun to find than to find a list of items. Even first time players are enjoying the game coz of it.

Do Anyone know the release date of next MCF game ?

i heard somewhere that bigfish is turning dire grove into a saga so i'd guess this december, these games have a tendencey to come out during a holiday
perhaps christmas?

dakini
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by dakini on Apr 26, 12 3:18 PM
Just finished the demo and I'm feeling a bit like Rhett Butler. I feel no great compulsion to get it. I enjoy morphing objects but looking forward to a whole game of them. Hundreds of them! Not thrilled. (sigh)! Maybe it's the weird weather.

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Apr 29, 12 9:51 AM
This post was locked and the mod suggested we continue discussion in this tread, so you might want to take a look…

Subject: BFG Definitely Listened To The Gamers From Last Year

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/188400.page

Fargosis16
Minnow
Minnow
267 Posts

[Post New]by Fargosis16 on May 3, 12 4:55 PM
shorenuf wrote:This post was locked and the mod suggested we continue discussion in this tread, so you might want to take a look…

Subject: BFG Definitely Listened To The Gamers From Last Year

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/188400.page

bonggamer
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by bonggamer on May 10, 12 7:25 AM
Loved Ravenhearst - so bought the Escape. A bit of a disappointment. Storyline not as interesting as the earlier versions. It SAYS 'menacing' but actually is not. Nothing to look forward to. Morphong objects - painful. And now I've turned the clock and have had the house shake multiple times but still not NOSE HAIRS!!!

Can someone help?

Thanks

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on May 10, 12 10:33 AM
Hi bonggamer,

If I remember correctly from when I played through this game, I think you have to do the chores in the order they are in the scheduling journal. I double-checked the walkthrough, and the first task is clipping her toe nails, so if you haven't done that one yet, that could be why the nose hairs aren't there now.

I'm pasting a link to the walkthrough below in case you'd like to check it out. Sometimes, the game does expect you to do things in a certain order, so I always check back a little ways and make sure I've done everything leading up to the point where I'm stuck.

Mystery Case Files: Escape from Ravenhearst Walkthrough

I hope this helps!

bfgMonongahela

Edited on 05/10/2012 at 10:33:38 AM PST

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on May 10, 12 2:04 PM
You need to make sure you pick up all 10 toe nails from the bed before you can get the nose hairs.

Fargosis
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by Fargosis on May 14, 12 6:38 PM
bonggamer wrote:Loved Ravenhearst - so bought the Escape. A bit of a disappointment. Storyline not as interesting as the earlier versions. It SAYS 'menacing' but actually is not. Nothing to look forward to. Morphong objects - painful. And now I've turned the clock and have had the house shake multiple times but still not NOSE HAIRS!!!

Can someone help?

Thanks

just wait for the next room the storyline there is alot better then Ravenhearst, maybe up to par with Return to Ravenhearst's
btw your REALLY gonna like it if you liked the movie 'Psyco'

Fargosis
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

Coming for MAC?!?!?!?!

[Post New]by Fargosis on May 23, 12 5:44 AM
rdefassi wrote:When is this coming for MAC? I mean the PCs get all the fun to start out with boo!

they got to transfer all the file typing, so that it will run and also so the avrage player can't hack the game, the game is alot of video and picture files with coding

Fargosis
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by Fargosis on May 23, 12 5:49 AM
Quote this thing if im not the only one who loved act 4's backstory and/or actually understood charles' intentions and why he did what he did in this game (d'awww he just wants to be understood, like a disney princess......someone draw that i feel it would better us as a species) bigfish you had 2 reallyreally good oppertunitys to do stuff
1. Dennis Kleinsmith should have done the psyco smile in act 3, i feel like that was obvious
2. this is the 4rth game with charles in it and still no singing of the hellfire

[Post New]by Talkhost on Mar 19, 14 2:28 PM
tj1147 wrote:Did you see the banner on TGT page: "Get a free limited-edition MCF badge pin when you purchase this game today!"

Saw the banner about the free metal Mystery Case Badge and got excited, then realized I've already purchased all the Mystery Case Files offered. Boo! My bottom lip is sticking out.

modocuser
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by modocuser on Jul 27, 14 1:54 PM
I HAVE THIS GAME FOR ALMOST A YEAR AND THE GAUGE FOR THE NAME OF THE BABY DOESN'T WORK. I KEEPON TRYING BUT THE GAUGE DOESN'T WORK WITH THE DNA NUMBERS I KNOW THE TOP IS 12 AND BOTTOM IS 1, BUT THE GAUGE DOESN'T DO A THING WITH THE NUMBERS

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Jul 27, 14 3:00 PM
modocuser wrote:I HAVE THIS GAME FOR ALMOST A YEAR AND THE GAUGE FOR THE NAME OF THE BABY DOESN'T WORK. I KEEPON TRYING BUT THE GAUGE DOESN'T WORK WITH THE DNA NUMBERS I KNOW THE TOP IS 12 AND BOTTOM IS 1, BUT THE GAUGE DOESN'T DO A THING WITH THE NUMBERS

The top is 1 and the bottom is 12. When you move the sliders on the DNA machine, the numbers on the gauges should change.

Go to: