jkjmd03
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

Re:Post any Natural Threat: Ominous Shores technical issues here only

[Post New]by jkjmd03 on Mar 1, 12 8:03 PM
UNBELIEVABLE....still no response from BFG??

godschild1955
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

[Post New]by godschild1955 on Mar 1, 12 8:51 PM
rara3462 wrote:
godschild1955 wrote:NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO......
I was more than half way through & BFG all of a sudden closed my game.
And when I go to put it back up & 'play' instead of screen coming up with choices & 1 being 'resume' it is starting me from Very Beginning!!!!
Is there a problem??
B/C if I go through this ALL OVER again & it happens again, I'll be REALLY Ticked Off!?!?!?!?!
(I usually don't have any problems with all the games I've purchased-& I've purchased A LOT-But I really need to know that I won't be wasting my time doing this all over & same thing happens!)
Thanks

Beat you I was on the final leg collecting the final object. some sort of error popped up and closed the game . When i went back in it hadn't saved a thing . straight back at the beginning again

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm still p, oops, ticked off that I won't even bring it back up to start over.
I'm with you rara.....if they know these things happen randomly then they should have some kind of program in that saves your data up to the delete/freeze/etc.etc.
Ready to shut down for the night, don't know if I'll try again tomorrow or not!
Thanks for replying back & hopefully BFG will put something in place to take care of these problems--SOON!
Till then - tootaloo!

tink11513
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by tink11513 on Mar 2, 12 7:03 AM
I was on page 34 of the 47 page walk through and game closed out without any warning. I opened it again and it's frozen solid, can't click on anything. Had to alt del. to get out. Deleted the game and reinstalled it, no change. Contacted BFG they are aware of the numerous glitched in this game, sent me a coupon. Stated the creators will bring out a a corrected version down the road. Who knows when that will be. It's not just losing the games you enjoy and finally want that you want to purchase it's very upsetting the waste of paper and toner only to be tossed into the garbage. RRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

lushknight
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by lushknight on Mar 2, 12 3:24 PM
I was pretty far into the game, I only needed 2 or 3 more flowers and it suddenly quit. When I went back in almost all my progress was lost, I was in the 1st chapter w/a book of matches & a plank.

MB39
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by MB39 on Mar 2, 12 4:28 PM
I purchased this game yesterday and now I am having the same problem that others are reporting with the game freezing up, having to close it via task manager, then seeing the "dump" icons on my desktop. I had gotten pretty far along, but now I can't even make it past the main menu page. Please help!

[Post New]by LucindaOD on Mar 2, 12 8:15 PM
This happened to me too, very frustrating. Please fix asap.

I have this "dump" problem, too. Have purchased the game and played for 3 hours or so, suddenly everything froze. The error message said not to worry as I could continue the game from my last step. But unfortunately when I go back to the game, puzzles that I have already solved are not solved, but they are not accessible anymore. So I'm stuck for good

Syndalee
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by Syndalee on Mar 2, 12 8:23 PM
Same sad story. Played demo and liked the game; used a credit to buy; had to start completely from scratch. Was nearly at the end gathering the symbols when it quit. Didn't get the "dump" icon mentioned, but the game wanted me to start all over again. Not a happy camper.

[Post New]by strikemesweet on Mar 2, 12 9:05 PM
Bought the game today after doing the one hour trial and having the same problems as everyone else. Ugh. Black screened then brought up a notice saying "not to worry" and that it would start back where I was. NOT. Very irritating.

[Post New]by ZARKNY on Mar 3, 12 1:45 AM
My crash w/dump msg. happened right after completing the 'circle of life' puzzle with frog/fly/butterfly, etc. on the other side of the lily pond and then picking up the fish portion that I guess would have fit into the door. I had been putting stone flowers in the pedestal as I collected them. I restarted and had the battery, saw, and other items from tasks that had already been completed, so the inventory was useless and couldn't move on at all. e.g., I had the battery to put in the monkey, but the game thought I had already done it so I couldn't put the battery in again. Complete waste of hours and hours of gameplay. So disappointing.

fishdawn
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by fishdawn on Mar 3, 12 3:14 AM
still waiting for a fix

[Post New]by asipes1 on Mar 3, 12 4:33 AM
loved this game and purchased it. when it activated i had to start over from the beginng ,which made me wonder what was going on. I then played a good ways into the game and the screen when blank and froze i had to hit escape, i then got a dump message.When i went back into play some of my actions that i had already completed were gone and it wouldnt let me go back and redo them. Ive deleted the game for now I hope somebody comes up with a solution because i was really enjoying this game.

whebeck
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by whebeck on Mar 3, 12 6:07 AM
I had the same as everyone else. Dump icon, thread, said that I could start from where I left off. Made me start over again. For those of us that paid, we need a credit for this and a repair. It took the fun out of the game. When I bought it there were no issues, but today I see there are 230 comments and most of them are about the same issue. Please help!!!

sartasia
Stingray
Stingray
4,581 Posts

[Post New]by sartasia on Mar 3, 12 6:22 AM
Just checking to see if a corrected version is in yet. This is one of the better games I have played in a while. Really enjoyed it and I'll patiently wait for the fix.

[Post New]by eezebreeze on Mar 3, 12 7:56 AM
addictedtofish wrote:Same as "letsdoit" hit play and computer froze - had to use task manager to close the game and unfreeze comp - then got error message and dump icon. Brand new computer so I have all requirements - deleted and not going to even try to reload.

[Post New]by vegascrazy on Mar 3, 12 8:17 AM
same issue as others... "dump"....freeze up...etc. Is there a fix?? Seems like it's not my system if lots of others are having problems....

thanks

fremaw
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by fremaw on Mar 3, 12 8:36 AM
I played the one hour demo, bought the game on 2/29/12 and then became disappointed because approximately 3/4 of the way through the game I lost a section of the game after it froze and came up on my desktop as a "dump" file. I went back to game and created a new profile and started over only to have the same problem a little ways into game. Did enjoy what I could play but am upset that I couldn't finish game as I rarely have a game that I don't finish. I, along with many others, are hoping BFG is working on a solution as my computer is fairly new and feel sure it is the game itself. Will give it a few days for solution and if none is offered will be asking for a credit.

lindimae
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by lindimae on Mar 3, 12 10:07 AM
I am still awaiting a fix for this game, I have been asked if I would like a refund but got one for House of Brass (problems there too) anyway will wait a couple of days more to see and then get a refund. Have just finished Black Isle with no problems and was hooked on that one. Recommend it!!

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Mar 3, 12 10:14 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm afraid we don't have any updates yet, but I just wanted to let you know that we are still working with the developers to solve the issues that have been reported in this thread.

We apologize for the inconvenience, but one way that you could help us out is to run a Dr. Felix report report and then send that over to our Tech Support team. (If you've already done this, thanks!)

The more information that we can gather from these reports about the types of systems being affected by these issues, the better the chances will be of us and the developers being able to fix them.

Thank you all for your patience, and if there are any updates on any of these issues, we'll be sure to let you know. Thanks!

-bfgHondo

[Post New]by dufus95 on Mar 3, 12 11:21 AM
I was probably at least half way through when the game froze and said there was an error so I got out and when I came back in it started me way back and now I can't click on the places where I need to do tasks

[Post New]by tropicEM on Mar 3, 12 2:59 PM
I got to almost the end of Chapter 3, the part after I collected the seeds from microscope. I was on my way to the pond area where the seeds needed to go and the game crapped out on me. When I brought the game back up, some of the things, including the seed pouches were missing from my inventory.

I went back to see I could collect them again and there was no way to do so, those parts of the boards were not accessible any longer. I uninstalled the game and re-installed it. I was at the exact same place, with the same issues of not having the things I need that I collected in my inventory. This really sucks, as this has halted me from playing this game any longer.

Is Big Fish planning to correct all these issues, anyone know?

Go to: