MudDogs
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery! iOS technical issues here only

[Post New]by MudDogs on Jul 18, 13 6:14 AM
Hi,

Having trouble with scrolling beyond a particular neighbor's manor while trying to visit everyone in my neighborhood. It always prevents me from scrolling past the following manor name: ZIMBIRDS NEST. There are plenty of neighbors beyond that one, but I cannot visit them, thus I am limited to visiting approx. 35 neighbors and cannot return gifts to those below that manor. Gasp. How uncouth!

My info: Running game on an iPad2
Dark Manor user ID = darkmanor-95987
Manor name = 58 Mud Dog Lane

Problem neighbor has indicated somewhere on the forums that she has two accounts after changing either her manor name or user id to ZIMBIRDS NEST (all caps) Dark manor ID is Zimbird2000 I think. It would be great to be able to visit all my neighbors.

Thank you!
Love the game. I play too much!

MudDogs
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by MudDogs on Jul 18, 13 6:27 AM
Zimbird wrote:
s7eph40 wrote:Hi I got up this morning and fired the game up..... and it worked- I've lost nothing.

I'm so happy. Many thanks to BFG for fixing it, its been a lonely few days.

My only issue now is scrolling down to the bottom of my neighbours, so Winepoetry,, Lamour Ravens Roost, Bitterwood, Adams family mansion, and a couple of others I can't remember- I apologise for being a bad neighbour, and hope to visit you soon.

Good luck if you are still having issues, don't despair!

Scrolling down my neighbours list is also bugging me - will this be addressed soon? I realise you have plenty of other fish to fry at the moment - sorry ! - but my original neighbours must be thinking that I am being snobbish as I have not visited or sent gifts for a while now.

Another thing - I changed my Manor Name from Ravens Roost to Zimbirds Nest - do I have to befriend my original neighbours again?

Other than that, this is a great game!!

Heh. Ever since you changed your Manor name I can't scroll beyond your Manor on my neighbor list! I recall seeing both of your manor's Ravens Roost and Zimbirds Nest simultaneously for quite awhile before Ravens Roost dropped off my neighborhood map. Perhaps this is the "glitch" people are experiencing with scrolling neighborhood list? Whenever folks change their names if the new name appears at point on the list you can't go past it? Not sure! But I posted my issue on the tech support thread. Hope they fix it soon. In the meantime, thank you for all the delightful gifts! Hope you've been receiving mine! I'm at Dark Manor "58 Mud Dog Lane". Waving hello!

L_Amour
Clownfish
Clownfish
713 Posts

[Post New]by L_Amour on Jul 18, 13 9:59 AM
I'm very happy and even more thankful the team of Big Fish managed to fix the issues with loading & crashes. THANK YOU!

About the fact we can't scroll to the bottom of our neighbourslist, please don't apologize "not being a good neighbour". After all, we all are in the same boat.
I have all confidence Big Fish will go fix this too. I find it completely understandable they have given priority to the big loading problem first.

I'm more concerned about the fact a lot of my neighbours didn't wait for the fix and started a second mansion which they probably now leave inactive and go back to play in their first mansion. Reason of my concern is I feel sorry if I spend my few daily gifts to inactive mansions. Thats why I have the following request:

People who stop playing in a mansion, please rename your mansion into "INACTIVE"

Thank you.

Zaphire69
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Zaphire69 on Jul 18, 13 10:05 AM
Woot back to playing. Thanks BF for resolving the loading issue. Unable to scroll through neighbors list but I'm just happy to be playing again after a 3 week hiatus.

[Post New]by yellowdog12 on Jul 18, 13 10:09 AM
I just want to reiterate the problem that L Amour has pointed out, namely that the scrolling neighbor list does not let us reach the bottom neighbors to either visit them or send gifts.
Please take care of this as soon as possible.
It would also be lovely to include a wall to write each other messages.
Otherwise really nice game!

[Post New]by Moodysammy on Jul 18, 13 10:41 AM
I am glad to see anther person having a issue with scrolling down on your neighbors list, when I go to the list and want to scroll down it will only let me go so far and then it quickly scrolls back up without me touching it? I can't visit all my neighbors and by that I'm losing the ability to get extra stuff, I have iOS touch phone 4. Please help!

[Post New]by Moodysammy on Jul 18, 13 10:42 AM
I am glad to see anther person having a issue with scrolling down on your neighbors list, when I go to the list and want to scroll down it will only let me go so far and then it quickly scrolls back up without me touching it? I can't visit all my neighbors and by that I'm losing the ability to get extra stuff, I have iOS touch phone 4. Please help!

[Post New]by Tysonsnanni on Jul 18, 13 10:57 AM
Mimsy and my other fool friends...I'll be playing both of my games. Tysonsnanny and Tysonsnanny2 will both be active

Zimbird
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by Zimbird on Jul 18, 13 2:38 PM
MudDogs wrote:
Zimbird wrote:
s7eph40 wrote:Hi I got up this morning and fired the game up..... and it worked- I've lost nothing.

I'm so happy. Many thanks to BFG for fixing it, its been a lonely few days.

My only issue now is scrolling down to the bottom of my neighbours, so Winepoetry,, Lamour Ravens Roost, Bitterwood, Adams family mansion, and a couple of others I can't remember- I apologise for being a bad neighbour, and hope to visit you soon.

Good luck if you are still having issues, don't despair!

Scrolling down my neighbours list is also bugging me - will this be addressed soon? I realise you have plenty of other fish to fry at the moment - sorry ! - but my original neighbours must be thinking that I am being snobbish as I have not visited or sent gifts for a while now.

Another thing - I changed my Manor Name from Ravens Roost to Zimbirds Nest - do I have to befriend my original neighbours again?

Other than that, this is a great game!!

Heh. Ever since you changed your Manor name I can't scroll beyond your Manor on my neighbor list! I recall seeing both of your manor's Ravens Roost and Zimbirds Nest simultaneously for quite awhile before Ravens Roost dropped off my neighborhood map. Perhaps this is the "glitch" people are experiencing with scrolling neighborhood list? Whenever folks change their names if the new name appears at point on the list you can't go past it? Not sure! But I posted my issue on the tech support thread. Hope they fix it soon. In the meantime, thank you for all the delightful gifts! Hope you've been receiving mine! I'm at Dark Manor "58 Mud Dog Lane". Waving hello!

My sincere apologies if I have caused this glitch though I do remember having the same problem of scrolling down the list before I changed the name of my Manor.

ProfeSarah
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by ProfeSarah on Jul 18, 13 2:47 PM
I have the same problem zimbird, but your's isn't the name that does it. Although you are at the bottom of my list so I can't come and visit.

Winfrey3
Clownfish
Clownfish
515 Posts

[Post New]by Winfrey3 on Jul 18, 13 3:46 PM
Zimbird,

I had the problem before you changed your mansion name. It's not because of you.

I'm putting off adding new neighbors for a while in hopes they fix the problem. That way I can gift most of my neighbors.

[Post New]by Kaniya6 on Jul 18, 13 4:06 PM
My ju ju went from 45000+ down to 22000+. I'm losing my hard work. Also every time I turn my game on my spooky mansion is in my inventory. I'm missing ju ju please help me. This game was fun. Now I'm getting fustrated.

Snoopy_1
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by Snoopy_1 on Jul 18, 13 4:36 PM
Like many of you I was not able to access my game for nearly 3 weeks. Nice to finally be able to play again. As for the scrolling issues and juju loss, BF is aware of the problem. But getting the game back for those players who were locked out was more important than some of the other issues. You should submit a ticket letting them know that you have lost juju. If possible send photos showing the loss. I did, and ask them if they could add juju back into my game. They gave me half back, and I still hope too get the rest. I and many of my friends that play have submitted tickets about the scrolling problem. Now that everyone is back up and running, I hope they will start to work on some of the other issues. It's a great game, they just need to work out the kinks.

Luvp00dles
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by Luvp00dles on Jul 19, 13 8:55 AM
I keep losing JuJu. Was almost to 80,000 then it dropped into 60,000's, then rebuilt to about 74,000. It then dropped to 53,000.

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Jul 19, 13 10:11 AM
Hello All,

I'm so happy to hear that so many of you have been able to get back into your games. That's such good news!

In regards to losing JuJu, as Snoopy_1 mentioned, the best option is to email our dedicated Mobile Support Team so one of our Reps can look into the situation. To do that, just click on the on the right hand side of the screen and then 'Contact Us' on the bottom left.

We are still working hard to resolve all of these issues and the whole team really appreciates your patience and understand as we work through this.

Thanks again!

bfgDeveron

L_Amour
Clownfish
Clownfish
713 Posts

[Post New]by L_Amour on Jul 19, 13 3:49 PM
I noticed my gold-attractions (in night vision) first ADD juju to my juju balance, and at the same time they TAKE AWAY the juju. Result: unchanged juju balance after every tap on the question marks, I'll submit this bug to support later.

[Post New]by tracyf212 on Jul 20, 13 12:07 AM
Hi loving the game but I'm stuck on chapter five because my juju keeps going backwards! I had enough to open the third scene of chapter five but I had no energy to play. When I came back to the game later in the day I hadn't enough juju to open it? It's still going backwards( I have lost 26000 juju so far) but everything else seems to be working fine. Any ideas?

Frogmort
Manatee
Manatee
3,812 Posts

[Post New]by Frogmort on Jul 20, 13 2:39 AM
Silver and Gold totals incorrectly calculated after level up:

Example, today, in "chapters", right after Swampy Bottom split screen puzzle + spin, levelled up to 22.

Gold went from 47 to 49, Silver went from 72,034 to 84,247.

Collected prize, hit return to mansion, immediately got daily gift screen (day 2- 2,500 silver I think).

Gold and Silver stats amended to 48 and 81,747

That is definitely correct figure for Gold, and probably correct figure for Silver (I don't have exact figures for split screen + spin win - I am very bad at those, performance less than stellar ).

Anyway, this needs fixing, because unless you are keeping a close eye, it does look as if money is being taken away when you return home after levelling up.

Also, Energy when levelling up:

You get 50E irrespective of whether your original store included gifts from friends, so in effect, gifts from friends are neutralised if you pick them up too close to levelling up.

It would be nice if the accounting were more sophisticated, so that recent E gifts from friends were added back to total.

- running iPad2 with iOS 6.1.3

[Post New]by aeliren on Jul 20, 13 3:11 AM
bfgDeveron wrote:
In regards to losing JuJu, as Snoopy_1 mentioned, the best option is to email our dedicated <a href="http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/ask">Mobile Support Team</a> so one of our Reps can look into the situation. To do that, just click on the on the right hand side of the screen and then 'Contact Us' on the bottom left.

I did, as you suggested before, and no solution so far. Nothing actually got solved for me - my JuJu is still dropping every time I do a hidden object puzzle, still have to summon one walker over again and still have two accounts, one of which cannot be unlinked from FB or simply deleted.

So, unfortunately, even if the staff is very friendly, quick to respond and supportive, nothing could be really fixed. I hope, you will be able to find a general solution for all this, because it's just too fun game to play to be so frustrating at some (crucial) points

Edited on 07/20/2013 at 3:12:57 AM PST

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 20, 13 6:29 AM
Hi All,

I just wanted to pop in and encourage anyone with the persistent issues that have been posted here, to start or continuing working with Tech Support as they will have the tools to address these specific issues.

Thank you all for your continued co-operation, is is very much so appreciated.

bfgBaikal

Go to: