PTBT
Catfish
Catfish
1,659 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery PC technical issues here only

[Post New]by PTBT on Nov 11, 13 11:28 AM
shykikki wrote:my screen moves to upper left corner as soon as I open the game. its been like that for couple of days. I cant click on my money nor the walkers because my open ground area is on the lower right corner ugh!!!!. all I do is log in send gifts .please kindly fix this problem.
tried zoom in out still moves to the up left corner
uninstalled - reinstalled - still moves
I don't know what else to do screen keeps moving.

Your best bet is to check your screen resolution and if that appears to be OK, then contact Customer Support. They should be able to help you get this screen issue resolved.

Best of luck

bfgMurrumbidgee
1,338 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMurrumbidgee on Nov 11, 13 11:44 AM
G'day shykikki,

I can see how that would make it a little challenging to play!

The following help article may help get things displaying correctly for you - even if the title doesn't quite match the issue.
Upside Down Screen

If you find that you're still having trouble then please do reach out to

Edited on 11/11/2013 at 11:44:32 AM PST

pbashby
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by pbashby on Nov 11, 13 1:04 PM
I know this is designed as a spooky game, but vanishing attractions doesn't feel spooky .... my two occult mobiles vanished before they could even be summoned! If my silver had been refilled with the purchase price I would just buy them again, but paying for something and then having it disappear is a tad frustrating.

I did send a note to CS .... anyone else still having disappearing attractions?

PA

[Post New]by bandman on Nov 11, 13 4:42 PM
I can relate to your problems...my momentos had been ready to harvest as I call it and it just vanished and I didn't get to collect my coins, 54,+ down the drain and BFG does nothing after I contact them. Then present house cost 10 gold, vanishes, nothing done there, my memory cleansing either adds on two of them, one does nothing, two subtracts 900 coins. Went to bed with over 193099 after I bought a plot and when I got up first thing after making coffee, and there was only 162744 silver. Where did the rest go???? Lava added 7 gold bars, deducted 7 gold bars and deducted 7 more gold bars. I can go on and on. Don't tell me to contact tech support. They have so many from me, I'm sure they hate seeing my email come thru. When you buy gold and this game screws with you like it does and when a new update comes out, look out, because, it's fixing to get worse and everything is going to get messed up again. Always does! I even gave them the codes and they asked for me to please send them the codes. Hello, did you bother to even read the email?
I loose more than I gain and I'm like the one I read earlier, this is not worth it. It started out a great game. Rate this game...what a laugh...but don't use or list tech issues. As my husband and I agree on, the tech issues are the ratings. I give it a F until it's fixed and everyone can enjoy the game, really 1mil for a plot and 9 days! Get a grip BFG. Your other games have been a lot better and have keep us coming back for years and years. This mess will turn people away, sorry.

Kay1212
Herring
Herring
384 Posts

[Post New]by Kay1212 on Nov 11, 13 6:23 PM
Sorry if this has been asked before, but here goes. Just completed level 26 and clicked to collect my rewards for that, I did but when I got back to my mansion they were not in my inventory. I think it was, a Brontasaurus, willow tree ( i think) and an occult mobile. Well when I look at the occult mobile, it say's I have 1 of 2 built...so it should be somewhere??? I played a scene, logged out/in...played a scene, logged out/in and still are nowhere to be found? Any ideas???

PTBT
Catfish
Catfish
1,659 Posts

[Post New]by PTBT on Nov 11, 13 6:49 PM
Kay1212 wrote:Sorry if this has been asked before, but here goes. Just completed level 26 and clicked to collect my rewards for that, I did but when I got back to my mansion they were not in my inventory. I think it was, a Brontasaurus, willow tree ( i think) and an occult mobile. Well when I look at the occult mobile, it say's I have 1 of 2 built...so it should be somewhere??? I played a scene, logged out/in...played a scene, logged out/in and still are nowhere to be found? Any ideas???

The level up just unlocks those items. You will still need to purchase them using the Tools icon.

Kay1212
Herring
Herring
384 Posts

[Post New]by Kay1212 on Nov 11, 13 7:44 PM
PTBT wrote:
Kay1212 wrote:Sorry if this has been asked before, but here goes. Just completed level 26 and clicked to collect my rewards for that, I did but when I got back to my mansion they were not in my inventory. I think it was, a Brontasaurus, willow tree ( i think) and an occult mobile. Well when I look at the occult mobile, it say's I have 1 of 2 built...so it should be somewhere??? I played a scene, logged out/in...played a scene, logged out/in and still are nowhere to be found? Any ideas???

The level up just unlocks those items. You will still need to purchase them using the Tools icon.

Thank you for clearing that up!

PTBT
Catfish
Catfish
1,659 Posts

[Post New]by PTBT on Nov 11, 13 7:51 PM
Kay1212 wrote:
PTBT wrote:

So how does that explain about the occult mobile saying I have 1 of 2 built? I have not been able to purchase, and I didn't . So why would it say 1 of 2 built? Thank you for your help

That I can't explain, sorry. I don't think the Occultmobile was a part of the "kits" that were on sale a little while ago?? However, the level-up window has always indicated that the items displayed are now unlocked, and are available for purchase.

If you believe that you are owed one, you should contact Customer Support and explain the situation to them.

[Post New]by elevatedeva on Nov 11, 13 8:25 PM
It shows no internet connection at all time!
I am connected to Internet!

PTBT
Catfish
Catfish
1,659 Posts

[Post New]by PTBT on Nov 11, 13 8:42 PM
elevatedeva wrote:It shows no internet connection at all time!
I am connected to Internet!

It's almost never your Internet... what it appears to be is on the server end, where a connection isn't available. But, if this is happening continuously to you and you contact CS about it, they will ask you to reset your Wi-Fi router, etc., which usually doesn't make too much of a difference, but it is something to try. If you are not on Wi-Fi, and everything else works via Internet, waiting a bit and trying again sometimes works...

Gumka
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by Gumka on Nov 12, 13 4:25 AM
Hey there, I have several errors, game is crashing on almost half of HO scenes, eating my precious energy!
I didn't notice any special conditions, just one in 3 HO is randomly crashing, but I've managed to do a print screen of error.

http://s11.postimg.org/4pdcvuc2b/error.jpg

Edited on 11/12/2013 at 4:26:02 AM PST

PTBT
Catfish
Catfish
1,659 Posts

[Post New]by PTBT on Nov 12, 13 1:20 PM
Gumka wrote:Hey there, I have several errors, game is crashing on almost half of HO scenes, eating my precious energy!
I didn't notice any special conditions, just one in 3 HO is randomly crashing, but I've managed to do a print screen of error.

http://s11.postimg.org/4pdcvuc2b/error.jpg

If you haven't seen them already, there are links on page 1 of this thread that send you to Help Pages for things like game crashes. If none of those suggestions fixes your problem, you will want to contact Customer Support so that they can address your specific issue for you.

Best of luck

[Post New]by angichip on Nov 12, 13 7:06 PM
DarkManor-1583340 Wallace Manor

Had an issue I posted to Facebook on 11/9. I have made MAJOR purchases in this game. I had 1034 energy units. I opened my "mail" and had 5 "max energy" gifts (which later turned into a number, I'll explain) I accidentally clicked one of these "gifts". I went out to the main screen, and ALL my energy was gone. I then had 100 energy. I went into my gifts, and the "max energy" was gone on each of the gifts and they had numbers like 5, 7 etc. Please help me restore my energy points.
Angi

Deegb
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
462 Posts

[Post New]by Deegb on Nov 12, 13 9:07 PM
angichip wrote:DarkManor-1583340 Wallace Manor

Had an issue I posted to Facebook on 11/9. I have made MAJOR purchases in this game. I had 1034 energy units. I opened my "mail" and had 5 "max energy" gifts (which later turned into a number, I'll explain) I accidentally clicked one of these "gifts". I went out to the main screen, and ALL my energy was gone. I then had 100 energy. I went into my gifts, and the "max energy" was gone on each of the gifts and they had numbers like 5, 7 etc. Please help me restore my energy points.
Angi

Hi Angi,

I'm not sure if this applies to your issue, but there is a limit of 100 energy points, the regular repeating 50 points plus a maximum of 50 more points from gifts. If you add gifts to bring your total up to say, 96, then all of your energy gifts sent for free by your neighbors will show as 4 points. If you add them now it will only add 4 points to the max of 100. However, if you play a ho scene and your total reduces enough, the energy gifts you still have will return to their previous full value. I've heard that energy gifts that were purchased for you can boost the count above 100, but I don't know how that works and I've never tried it myself.

Hope this helps!

Edited on 11/12/2013 at 9:09:13 PM PST

LaReinaGitana
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,007 Posts

[Post New]by LaReinaGitana on Nov 13, 13 12:31 AM
Playing as DM1528176; Chateau des Rois Gitans

I hate to sound like a chronic complainer, but I had several issues with the game tonight. Three times I got the "the spirits do not sense an Internet connection" prompt when I was clearly online (I checked my router status to make sure).

It seems there is still a problem with the "Double Managerie" HOS; twice when I tried to load it I got an access code violation and I lost the 15 energy points. When this happened to me before I posted the coding on the DM Facebook page. For a day or two it seemed to have been fixed, but it happened again tonight; same coding.

I've also had a problem with items vanishing into thin air; the first time it was wooden barrels (1,000+ silver) and most recently it was a "friendship" (9000+ silver). I tried Customer Support, but so far have had no response.

It seems as though every time one problem appears to be getting better, another one gets worse and then the original problem crops up again. It's a shame, because this is a great game. But this poltergeist activity is getting a little much.

DuffyPoo222
Minnow
Minnow
239 Posts

[Post New]by DuffyPoo222 on Nov 13, 13 2:08 AM
Repeated crashing when trying to send gifts. I don't know what the code is because I have to reboot my computer to get back into the game. Not good. Not too much more of a chance, really, the continued crashing for all the different things (on loading the game, collecting coins, collecting juju, sending gifts, moving decor) is really, REALLY getting old - FAST.

cardlyn
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by cardlyn on Nov 14, 13 4:02 PM
played last night and can't open the game tonight. rebooted 4 times. only get message from game manager: thank you for playing dark manor. play again whenever i try to play it comes back to this window

PTBT
Catfish
Catfish
1,659 Posts

[Post New]by PTBT on Nov 15, 13 12:56 PM
Technical issue:

The Delete key does not work in the Manor Name field when you try to change your name (PC version). You must use your arrow keys to navigate to the end, and then use backspace. Can't remember if I already reported this or not, but since it still hasn't been corrected, am reporting again.

LaReinaGitana
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,007 Posts

[Post New]by LaReinaGitana on Nov 16, 13 12:13 AM
The game is not loading for me tonight at all; I keep getting the same error message: "access violation at 0x72274713; tried to read 0x00000000); program terminated." I also keep getting "the spirits do not sense an internet connection" when I am online (have router window open to prove it).

[Post New]by Spewgle on Nov 16, 13 12:27 AM
Lost around 18 gold bars from my game tonight - can anyone tell me how to contact support? I can find hidden objects but not a direct link to support....Thanks for any help

Go to: