Re:Post your Midnight Castle Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by Quinielamass on Feb 15, 14 9:01 AM
I too am having trouble connecting. I was in the middle of doing a HOS, when I got message unable to connect I have tried everything to get back in but just keep getting unable to connect. I can only hope Big Fish/Elephant games are working on the game. Hope it will be working soon.

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Feb 15, 14 12:09 PM
Hello Everyone,

I'm sorry for the connection problems you've experienced, but the source of the problem has been discovered and you should be able to access your game now. Thank you for your patience

If you are still having issues, please feel free to contact our Tech Support Team and one of our Reps can look into that for you. Just click on the blue text below:

Contact Us

To keep the forum tidy, I will need to lock this thread.

bfgWendwater

kahlan11
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
466 Posts

[Post New]by kahlan11 on Feb 16, 14 9:50 AM
Not able to access game AGAIN. Tried 4 times and got same message of "has stopped working". Sent info to tech support AGAIN. Hope to get a reply within 2 days (used to be able to). I really do hope they can fix this game because it is fun to play.

[Post New]by Pouette2009 on Feb 16, 14 11:46 AM
First, when I send gifts to friend, I'm don't get a card every time. It would be nice to know who sent the gift, not only collect all the gifts. I've been trying to complete a quest for 3 days, playing many times every day but I didn't get one item for that quest. It takes hours to reload, we have to wait till the next round and we can't get what we need... Is there any way to improve that?

sandell14
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by sandell14 on Feb 16, 14 12:22 PM
kahlan11 wrote:Not able to access game AGAIN. Tried 4 times and got same message of "has stopped working". Sent info to tech support AGAIN. Hope to get a reply within 2 days (used to be able to). I really do hope they can fix this game because it is fun to play.

Same here. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times, despite the fact I had reached level 18!

MrsPuzzler
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by MrsPuzzler on Feb 16, 14 1:22 PM
I can't get in either but my message is Midnight Castle has stopped working. I am really upset as I have collected and crafted 400 items. I hope they resolve this issue soon and I stay where I was and not lose anything.

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Feb 17, 14 4:50 AM
Run Time Error/Midnight Castle on my desk top first thing this morning. The game will not play, desk top screen flashes for a second as it is trying to and then nothing.
I uninstalled, reinstalled...no change. Other games work. I was not at 18 yet..about 14 I think, so that isn't the issue.
I guess what tweaks us so much about the game is the hours...I mean loads of hours we put into it. This isn't a shrug, oh well, give me a coupon kind of thing ( esp since it was free) , its the lost hours ...
So Big Fish..advise me here. PLease don't tell me I got what I paid for.
kris

[Post New]by ceacie on Feb 17, 14 8:05 AM
How long do we have to wait for the patch to fix the wait for update glictch. It is spoiling an otherwise charming game. I have now been waiting for over 10 days and still no update.

awalkinglady
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by awalkinglady on Feb 17, 14 10:48 AM
Most of us have been waiting much longer than 10 days for an update for this game!

judy1689
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
487 Posts

[Post New]by judy1689 on Feb 17, 14 9:58 PM
awalkinglady wrote:Most of us have been waiting much longer than 10 days for an update for this game!

I haven't been able to play in so long, I don't even know if I'll remember everything I had. I think I'm just going to ask for a refund of all the crystals I purchased and call it quits on this game.

chris_2_4
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by chris_2_4 on Feb 18, 14 4:32 AM
sandell14 wrote:
kahlan11 wrote:Not able to access game AGAIN. Tried 4 times and got same message of "has stopped working". Sent info to tech support AGAIN. Hope to get a reply within 2 days (used to be able to). I really do hope they can fix this game because it is fun to play.

Same here. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times, despite the fact I had reached level 18!

I have the same issue - been playing for a couple of weeks, reached level 18 and had to wait for update; no problem, I could still collect things from HO scenes and gift my friends. But a few days ago "midnight castle failed to load" and when windows searches for a solution it freezes the computer - so I have to cancel that. Thought there must be a software snafu, so uninstalled and reinstalled. Same thing. Losing heart with this and the company now And feel guilty because I still owe Ambrosia Rose a gift (she is the greatest of friends!!) - incidentally, I did send the info to tech support, along with the dr felix thing, bbut no reply other than the automated response.!

Edited on 02/18/2014 at 4:33:48 AM PST

awalkinglady
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by awalkinglady on Feb 18, 14 8:25 AM
Sorry to say but you will be waiting a while for a response from customer support. I've found the average wait time to be around 5 or 6 days. Just another way BFG expresses their disrespect for their customers.

Wondering why they continue to accept real money for items to be used in a defective game? And also wondering WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO FIX THIS GAME?

[Post New]by breadbakingmum on Feb 18, 14 2:17 PM
Once again unable to play tonight as "unable to connect to server". This is getting far too frequent.
BFG ......What is causing this ?

Bee zz

ljmb21
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by ljmb21 on Feb 18, 14 2:21 PM
I keep getting a message that I cannot connect to the server for this game only

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Feb 18, 14 2:25 PM
bfgWendwater wrote:Hello Everyone,

I'm sorry for the connection problems you've experienced, but the source of the problem has been discovered and you should be able to access your game now. Thank you for your patience

bfgWendwater

I though this "Cannot Connect to Server" problem was fixed. It has come back so it seems the fix did not hold up.

judy1689
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
487 Posts

[Post New]by judy1689 on Feb 18, 14 2:28 PM
ljmb21 wrote:I keep getting a message that I cannot connect to the server for this game only

I got this one today, which is definitely different than the stopped working message.

At least this one is produced with in game graphics. Hopeful?

[Post New]by drcubber on Feb 18, 14 2:47 PM
I can not even load the game now,,,screen says having trouble with midnightcastle.exe....please advise and help if you can

ku4o
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by ku4o on Feb 18, 14 3:23 PM
For the second time I noticed , that when players say ,that there is one problem with the server and I try to merged into the game, my screen disappears message "Midnight Castle exe. has stopped working " and in its place shows " Unable to connect the server". Big Fish does not explain why this is so.
Will I get ever answer the question: "Why is this happening if the message""Midnight Castle exe. has stopped working " is simply a technical problem, which is already the second month can not be fixed ?

Edited on 02/18/2014 at 3:26:45 PM PST

tazruby2000
Flounder
Flounder
2,399 Posts

[Post New]by tazruby2000 on Feb 19, 14 1:13 PM
I had the server issue yesterday. I think a couple of games are on the same server. I also had problems with My Singing Monsters yesterday, it might be on the same server. Today seems normal for both games.

[Post New]by Mish00 on Feb 20, 14 1:45 AM
BigFish has become a total ripoff! I was locked out @ level 18, just 10 minutes after I purchased a ton of crystals. I don't understand why they are still allowing people to download this game or make purchases with real money when they know that there is and has been an issue for quite some time. Not only is this poor customer service, but it is downright theft. This is how companies go bankrupt. Despite the $20 I lost, it's still more about the principle and lack of communication. I am canceling my subscription & I implore others to do the same. BFG has really gone downhill and their unwillingness to address issues properly is absolutely disgusting.

Please refund my money!

Go to: