Edited on 02/16/2015 at 4:13:20 PM PST

mik619
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

Re:2015 Valentine Quest Fest

[Post New]by mik619 on Feb 16, 15 6:56 PM
please help

i can not play the red mine because the mine car mini scene won't open the bolt cutters won't cut the chain around the cart

When I first got the bolt cutters the description when I clicked on them said they were Captain Matthew's keys and i'm wondering if that's the problem

if no-one can help me I need to know if there is a way to skip the quest.

mik619
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by mik619 on Feb 16, 15 9:42 PM
can someone tell me what the odin quest are and how to get them?

deb911
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by deb911 on Feb 17, 15 12:05 AM
Sorry if this is a repeat - I need help getting the mega truck, can anyone help?

wulfruna
Flounder
Flounder
2,249 Posts

[Post New]by wulfruna on Feb 17, 15 3:40 AM
mik619 wrote:please help

i can not play the red mine because the mine car mini scene won't open the bolt cutters won't cut the chain around the cart

When I first got the bolt cutters the description when I clicked on them said they were Captain Matthew's keys and i'm wondering if that's the problem

if no-one can help me I need to know if there is a way to skip the quest.

I can't remember the details of that particular quest, but for many of them it can take quite a long time and a lot of persistence to find the precise little spot where the item actually works - especially as when you pick it up it covers part of the area concerned. So you may just need to keep on trying...... And no, it is not possible to skip these quests for opening up scenes.
It does seem that a lot of people are having problems with opening various mini-scenes at the moment, although usually that is because the item needed does not appear in the corner of the screen at all .So if you have the item, then that looks as if you should be able to use it.
Good luck!

wulfruna
Flounder
Flounder
2,249 Posts

[Post New]by wulfruna on Feb 17, 15 3:43 AM
mik619 wrote:can someone tell me what the odin quest are and how to get them?

If you are still at the stage of opening the Red Mine, then I guess that you are fairly new to the game? There are a whole lot of quests to fulfil before you will get to the Odin Quests which come very much later on. This is a long-term game which will keep you occupied for months to come!

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Feb 17, 15 3:44 AM
<looking at title of thread > 2015 Valentine Quest Fest <eyebrow up>

Okay, y'all don't know where to find the information you need.

My first suggestion would be to check out the threads folders that are stuck at the top of the forum. When there is a topic listed then there is the address of the thread. You copy that address and then paste it into your browser and you will be taken to that thread.

You can also search the threads by using the search all Forums over to the right. I am pretty sure you will find what you are looking for.... people go to a lot of trouble to help others but it really starts with doing the leg work for yourself. You find the correct thread see if the answer you need is there. If it is not there, post in that thread and it will bring the thread up to the top and people will answer you.

There will be things like "gloves" that answers appear in many game forums - that is when you want to use the Advanced Forum Search which lets you refine your search to the specific game.

I can assure you, that if you look.... chances are you are going to find what you seek.

Edited on 02/17/2015 at 4:18:40 AM PST

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Feb 17, 15 3:47 AM
Oh, I have answered that question about the mine extensively in PM, Wulf.

Edited on 02/17/2015 at 4:20:06 AM PST

wulfruna
Flounder
Flounder
2,249 Posts

[Post New]by wulfruna on Feb 17, 15 4:13 AM
deb911 wrote:Sorry if this is a repeat - I need help getting the mega truck, can anyone help?
To work up to the Mega Truck you need to upgrade through the other vehicles. These are found at the lefthand side when you go to the "map". The Mega Truck is at the extreme right of those (click the arrow to scroll). They are expensive to buy, but the payback is good as they increase the rate of regeneration of your energy.
It is now not so hard to collect enough gold for the purchase - by making the most of the gold you get from the Valentine's collections and by going to the stars slot machine to win gold bars.

wulfruna
Flounder
Flounder
2,249 Posts

[Post New]by wulfruna on Feb 17, 15 4:19 AM
deleted

Edited on 02/17/2015 at 6:16:48 AM PST

3t3rn1ty
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by 3t3rn1ty on Feb 17, 15 5:54 AM
Is anyone else out there not getting any of the timed collectables? I have played every event on every day and have not got the 1 item to make every collectable complete. Is it just me? Will doing this not accepting the reward and going to the next quest help any of this?

wulfruna
Flounder
Flounder
2,249 Posts

[Post New]by wulfruna on Feb 17, 15 6:14 AM
I do not quite understand how you could have played the timed quest each day and not got "any" of the collectibles, where the quest is directly related to that? Not all the quests reward with a collectible, of course, some of them are more general.
But this thread gives loads of advice about how to get multiple examples of each "timed" collectible. Ok, so some of them have been in areas with locked scenes (e.g. hotel and junkyard), where some of us couldn't get them, but everyone should have been able to get the lilacs in Christmas Alley, for example - have you not even got those?
Other items in the collections are not the subject of quests, but are already available in various locations, so you can go and find those without a quest in order to complete some of your collections (e.g. flowers).
But there are other collection items that have not yet been released, so you will have to wait for those before you can complete that last collection (the sweets). So maybe that is the actual question you are asking?? In which case, then no, not all the collections are yet complete and there will be some items that don't arrive until later in the event.

3t3rn1ty
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by 3t3rn1ty on Feb 17, 15 6:21 AM
I have not gotten the Lilacs. I played last year and have everything except: Clay Tablet, Lilacs, Love Letter in a Bottle, Arty Valentine or Box of Chocolates. I understand that some haven't come up yet but the ones that have I didn't even get. That is what I'm wondering about. I got the quests and played them but none of these have popped up in my collectables. I am a level 47 and have every area open to me so I don't get it.

Edited on 02/17/2015 at 6:21:51 AM PST

Steverd
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by Steverd on Feb 17, 15 8:10 AM
sanzi19 wrote:
ChestnutHeights wrote:, I like your hidden text approach..

Hihi, well, then this last one specially for you ChestnutHeights!

Below in white, you know the drill

Quest 1
-Find diving gear - Red Mine, Nevada
-Go Underwater - Capt M's yacht

Quest 2
-Find Silver soup tureen
-Find Golden Kicker
-Find the long bow
all 3 are at Cpt M's yacht, you get them all in one play.
No other V-day items then the 3x flowers

THANK YOU for posting these nightly - they are super helpful to me!!

Steverd
FC: 1826 2279

Steverd
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by Steverd on Feb 17, 15 6:50 PM
What is that Owl for. The reward for completing 14 Valentine's day quest?
It's not in my Inventory, not in my food, not in my resources and not in my keepsakes?

Any?

Thank you

Alikatt8
Herring
Herring
343 Posts

[Post New]by Alikatt8 on Feb 17, 15 7:20 PM
Steverd wrote:What is that Owl for. The reward for completing 14 Valentine's day quest?
It's not in my Inventory, not in my food, not in my resources and not in my keepsakes?

Any?

Thank you

Check in "Specials" collections in the "?" Guises collection, you should find it there, with more to collect with different theme'd quests thru 2015

Gquin
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by Gquin on Feb 17, 15 7:20 PM
It is a special collection that is made up of Ran the owl in period costume. Check out the special collections and you will find it there.

Steverd
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by Steverd on Feb 17, 15 10:22 PM
Alikatt8 wrote:
Check in "Specials" collections in the "?" Guises collection, you should find it there, with more to collect with different theme'd quests thru 2015

FOUND Him - Thank you!!!

Steve
FC: 1826 2279

Edited on 02/17/2015 at 10:23:38 PM PST

fran29
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by fran29 on Feb 18, 15 1:47 AM
I didn't receive the third part of the quest i.e. the mop & bucket on day 6, therefore one mini-scene remains unopened. Does anyone know if there is anyway to 'fix' this?

wulfruna
Flounder
Flounder
2,249 Posts

[Post New]by wulfruna on Feb 18, 15 2:29 AM
fran29 wrote:I didn't receive the third part of the quest i.e. the mop & bucket on day 6, therefore one mini-scene remains unopened. Does anyone know if there is anyway to 'fix' this?
I guess you may be too late for this now, as it was a timed quest and may have disappeared. However, it could be worth trying, just to see if it is still there. I think the mop was in the junkyard, so try going there to look for it.

Go to: