Re:An appeal to reconsider the AW decision

[Post New]by caleonard on Sep 10, 15 10:52 PM
I agree with the idea of a Kickstarter to finish the game. I mentioned this idea once before but I think that either Bigfish or Boomzap would have to open it since they have the people who can finish writing the game. It would be nice to get feedback on this idea from the moderators or the companies.

ellen941
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by ellen941 on Sep 11, 15 1:35 PM
It seems to me that we are not being heard or BF and BZ are just not listening! So sad as I have every game in this series and had planned on starting another series. Not now as they don't want to hear us and our pleas to finish the game. I would love to pay for one more update to finish the game but it seems my money is not good here any more. I will use up my credits and free game credits and then it's good by. If they don't care about us why should we continue to pay for a membership where no one listens to what the customer wants.

[Post New]by Allegra307 on Sep 14, 15 8:40 PM
Call me very angry tonight when I find out after spending money on this game the last few months that it's incomplete....I am one of those players who rarely visits the forums...I came on tonight to find out when the next release would be, only to find out about the discontinuation. I am one of those people who began playing the game after the announcement....I think it's fraud that new players are not being informed of this when beginning the game post announcement....I would really love to see a conclusion to this game....

Edited on 09/14/2015 at 8:41:35 PM PST

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Sep 15, 15 11:48 AM
Allegra307 wrote:Call me very angry tonight when I find out after spending money on this game the last few months that it's incomplete....I am one of those players who rarely visits the forums...I came on tonight to find out when the next release would be, only to find out about the discontinuation. I am one of those people who began playing the game after the announcement....I think it's fraud that new players are not being informed of this when beginning the game post announcement....I would really love to see a conclusion to this game....

You should contact Customer Service. (See link at bottom of the page). I know other folks who started playing late and made purchases have received refunds. It's worth a try at least.

Avaloyuru
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Avaloyuru on Sep 17, 15 7:39 PM
I can only add my heart felt sadness that the decision has been made to quit the Awakening Kingdoms game. Sitting down to play the game every evening was the highlight of my day. I don't come to these forums very often, hardly at all actually. Now that I have, I can't help but feel that as players in this game we have been used and abused.

Attie_1234
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by Attie_1234 on Sep 18, 15 6:37 PM
I just had an update for the other hidden object game that I play....."Midnight Castle" also by Big Fish. I can't say I don't like Midnight Castle but it is not anywhere near as good of a game as Awakening Kingdoms. I loved this game and would really love for it to have another update to finish all the points that left us hanging. Truly a joy to play from the beginning to now the unfinished unhappy ending. Just hear us all and finish it, PLEASE!

[Post New]by Nagromichybotro on Sep 20, 15 6:09 PM
Hoping that they reconsider and continue with update. The game was dropped at the wrong time. It should be finished. This is the best game have played. I am a senior and it has so many facets it is great. I still feed the chest but basically that is all I can do as I have completed everything else. Please reconsider.

[Post New]by striver56 on Sep 26, 15 5:05 AM
Still here!

I have had a sneaking suspicion for a while that the program architecture was not originally created open-ended enough to accomodate sufficient further expansion without a major rewrite, however I would have thought that it is still possible to have a final 'quick and dirty' update to tie up loose ends???

Is anybody out there BIGFISH?

Helloooo... Helloooo....

Somebody answer us!

[Post New]by Pastaqueen on Sep 26, 15 3:31 PM
WOW!!!! I have only just looked on the forum to find out why no upgrades - had no idea this was happening - what are you thinking!!! have you so many customers that you can afford to piss them off like this!!!
Very disappointed and angry that you are letting people start this game with no ending.
I have no words.

[Post New]by condorcandi on Oct 1, 15 8:53 PM
I would like to state that a little while ago, I had only 18 blue gems to go to buy the Elixir that upgrades you to two-minute recharge permanently. I was considering just buying the things. Then I learned of the decision not to continue the game. I decided just to earn them.

I also decided not to buy the other games in the Awakening series, even though those are not FTP games, because I don't feel comfortable buying them from a company (the developers not Big Fish) that lacked foresight to at least end at a chapter and leave the game at a clean cutoff point, such as happened with Agency 33.

This probably means very little to the developer, and none at all to Big Fish, since I will still buy other games via them, but it is important to me.

With the prevalence of Kickstarter and other such sites, and the prevalence of game mods by fans for so many other games, I find the decision to cut off Awakening Kingdoms and cease updates very unreasonable in today's environment. There are so many options, and they have taken none.

NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by NoFishToday on Oct 2, 15 10:44 PM
Hello? This game has not had an update since December of 2014. Many BF FTP games have ceased to update (I know of 5 more since this one was announced). This is just one of many now defunct games being offered to new players and the banks are still open for business in all of them. I think it is obvious who made the decision. And if that is not enough proof, why is this thread being ignored?

[Post New]by purpleykat on Oct 10, 15 4:20 AM
Adding onto this appeal to revive this wonderful, beautiful game! There are so few high-quality games like this available out there - stunning graphics, compelling storyline, no violence or sexual imagery.

Please re-consider the decision to discontinue Awakenings!

[Post New]by KittyElle on Oct 13, 15 3:17 AM
Hi, I would also love Big Fish to make at least one further update to the game, I hate the thought of Shellsea stuck in the tower forever! And what do I do with all the dark slime and dark crystals that I've got from the dark chest? I would even be prepared to buy it as an add-on if the finances are the issue.
Also someone else in the forum mentioned that the ability to buy additional crystals and bolgins should be disabled, I would prefer that it wasn't as I am still trying to earn all the achievements and I don't think I'll be able to buy 75 special items without buying additional crystals as there are no more achievements to earn crystals in. However I agree that there should be a disclaimer at the start of the game, or at least when half of the quests have been completed, that they will come to an end to save people buying crystals and bolgins if they don't think they'll use them.

Please please please Big Fish, more Awakening Kingdoms please!

[Post New]by striver56 on Oct 14, 15 5:57 AM
I repeat:

Helloooo... Helloooo....

Somebody answer us!

moogie59
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by moogie59 on Oct 14, 15 12:52 PM
They wont answer us . We dont matter and they are hoping we will just go away (

harmnone
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by harmnone on Oct 23, 15 8:52 PM
striver56 wrote:I repeat:

Helloooo... Helloooo....

Somebody answer us!

I'm afraid you have been answered. There will be no further updates to this game. BF and BZ have abandoned the game. It ends in front of the basilisk. To expect BF to continue to say the same thing, over and over and over, just doesn't make sense. There will be no more updates.

[Post New]by isis65 on Nov 1, 15 8:14 AM
I have said this before we need to shut them down if they will not listen and they clearly are not listening .give them to the 31st December 2015 and then stop all money to them maybe they will do something then

[Post New]by Maeve_Turin on Nov 11, 15 3:39 AM
Comments and suggestion:
Comments:
First, despite the game having untapped potential for continuing through to completion, I continue to return to it every so often because there just isn't anything else like it and no developer has even touched it's quality since;
Second, taking the free to play at face value, I have played the game over a year, maybe even two, and have reached level 99 without spending any cash other than purchasing the other games related to it to enjoy and support this free one;
Third, I would dearly love this game to continue to it's best completion and would not appreciate any short and sweet ending just for the sake of putting it to rest, I would rather see it stay as is like any other unfinished work of art, which it is, than have someone come in and finish it off in a haphazard fashion to satisfy complaints it doesn't end;
Fourth, I do complain if I've purchased a game that should be completed but is not, but I won't complain, only say "more, if you please" for this one.
So, the suggestion:
If any of us care to see anything wonderful continue about this game, let's ask rather than demand and see what we get; if it's that things remain as they are but the game remains available to enjoy as is, that's best over having the game pulled off the site due to unmanageable complaining that it's not enough. I've looked for the replacement game, and it's just not there.
My hope is that the impatience between updates wasn't the final blow to this game. This is artwork and that takes time; so long as we're in a rush for the next update and get crabby about it, there's no chance any artist would return for more of that.
I hope for more and ask politely for the game to continue to be available; hopefully even that it will continue on and be completed. If not, the final suggestion would be to include a disclaimer with the download that the game is as is and keep the purchasing component available to those who feel the need to go faster and buy the elements that help to that end knowing that it's their choice rather than that it is somehow buying a product. The developers and BFG are in business, after all, so if they want to make money on the product, I can't speak against that.
I would pay to see what hatches out of that sweetly swaddled dragon egg!

charlieisr
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,323 Posts

[Post New]by charlieisr on Nov 11, 15 5:36 PM
HAD A FRIEND MESSAGE ME TODAY THAT THERE ARE AD ONS FOR AK. SHE JUST STARTED AK BUT SAID THERE WERE SEVERAL AD ON GAMES YOU CAN PURCHASE FOR ABOUT $14. I HAVE NOT CHECK IT OUT YET JUST WONDERED IF ANYONE HERE KNEW ANYTHING ABOUT IT.

[Post New]by WelshWitch1981 on Nov 13, 15 9:33 AM
Thank goodness I came to the forums before spending any money on this game! Only started playing it today, and it seems to be the sort of game I could easily get addicted to, and spend far too much money on!

I more than agree with all the above comments asking the developers to reconsider closing this FTP, but if, alas, that is not to be... WHY are BF still allowing new people to download and play the game without some form of warning that it is no longer in active development??!! I am very grateful for the opportunity to play, even in it's incomplete state, but surely a warning should be given to new players that spending money to purchase in-game currency is relatively futile??

As I'm currently still waiting for upgrades on another FTP, I'll certainly be checking the forums here before bothering to invest time, never mind cash, in anything else!

Go to: