genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

Re:Hidden Expedition - Devil's Triangle comments and reviews

[Post New]by genkicoll on Feb 19, 10 3:42 PM
The ending is a to-be-continued, and the game is probably in production as we speak.

I, for one, can't wait for the next installment! LOVED it, right up there with RtR, in my book.

Y'all don't be put off by the short demo, this is a good length game, and quite enjoyable!

Lornabee
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Lornabee on Feb 22, 10 8:49 PM
I was quite disappointed with this game after the demo. I felt it was too short and I was hoping for a better storyline since it started out so well in the demo. I felt a bit cheated by the "to be continued".

The artwork was nice and it wasn't a bad game, I was just expecting a lot more.

I definitely wouldn't put it anywhere near the same level as RtR personally. Each to their own though!

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Feb 28, 10 4:58 AM
Hmmm. I was a little shocked at how short the game was. I thought I was off to a new level, but... it was just over! It was a great game though - I was just hitting my stride when it was "poof" done!! LOL

[Post New]by Bonnyl on Feb 28, 10 7:50 AM
I personally think Hidden Expedition missed the boat on this one. There are too many mini-games and not enough Hidden Objects. Also the game kicked me out a couple of times and completely froze up on the Jigsaw puzzle. I never got ot finish it. I finally just deleted the game.
I have bought other games that I found dissappointing, but none as much as this one. I had to constantly refer to the Walkthrough to find out where to go and what to do next and that was a real pain.
I would not recommend this game to anyone.

[Post New]by littlemo25 on Mar 14, 10 12:47 PM
I

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Mar 14, 10 12:49 PM
Wow. I love this game I think it's one of the best IHOGs out. Not RTR, of course, but nothing is.

[Post New]by littlemo25 on Mar 14, 10 12:51 PM
I,m not sure if Im putting this message in the right place but I have a problem with the puzzle. In part 4 I have put all the bricks onto the headstone and all the lights are on but the grave has not opened so I can retrieve the gloves to hold the glass for the sulphuric acid. Have I done something wrong or is this a technical glitch. Help please.

[Post New]by Grammy67 on May 22, 10 10:53 AM
I have been enjoying this game but when I reached the puzzle with the kites and balloons, the tiles have locked and I have no options to do anything - can't even get to the menu. My task manager says the game is running.

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on May 22, 10 10:56 AM
Try contacting Customer Service on the right side of the page -->

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on May 23, 10 7:12 AM
genkicoll, that's a known problem and the forum is full of threads and posts about it.
Getting in touch with CS may get it fixed eventually, but Grammy67 will have to ctrl alt del and restart the game each time a tile goes off-centre.

[Post New]by ROCON58 on Jun 6, 10 4:08 PM
Enjoyed the challenge, admittedly, had to get some hints as some needed items were no where near the immediate segment. Insisted that you think continuously and great recall needed to get to and from your current location.
-
resolved the quest. Now im stuck at the end video and doesnt want be to start a new game under the same name? Not sure if Im proceeding incorrectly or what?
-
after exiting and reentering, it continues to take me to the end of the game and the credits. Appeared to be lots of pieces options for several rounds of this game but maybe not?
-
Need to know if you can replay under same name and experiece different puzzles even though the end result remains the same...
-
Who out there knows why this is occuring?

[Post New]by Moondark on Jun 12, 10 5:19 AM
One of the reason I liked Hidden Expedition games better than any other hunt and find games is because it focused on the hidden objects and each time through made new lists. The 'story line' was not intrusive and had a good replay value.

Devil's Triangle has a very intrusive storyline, annoying characters to talk to with an awkward interface. Not enough hidden objects. The puzzles were either to easy and quickly solved with minimal effort or difficult to solve because the puzzle had no clues for how to do the puzzle. The game was pathetically short in comparison to the past games and the "to be continued" felt like a rip off.

I probably will NOT buy the conclusion and hope they can return what made them so good in the first couple of games.

ubydudy
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by ubydudy on Jun 13, 10 12:22 PM
Very disappointed with Devil's Triangle. Loved the other Hidden Expedition games and therefore bought this one without doing the demo. Big mistake!!!! Way too many trips to the Walkthrough for me. Takes the fun out of it. I bought it in October, got real frustrated with it after about an hour. Went on to other games and just started it again a few days ago and it is frustrating me even more. So I have now uninstalled it at Delia's Wonderland. I play these games for fun and relaxation and to try to keep my brain alive. Not fun for me when there isn't enough information to know what your objective is in a scene. I really don't mind going from scene to scene and back, but I do mind when I get a puzzle screen and don't have the foggiest idea where to begin to figure out what to do with it. Over the years I have purchased well over a hundred games and this is the first one I have given up on.

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Jul 18, 10 6:57 PM
This was my first Hidden Expedition game, and sadly, it will be my last. For me, the "game" just isn't there. The hidden object scenes are good and well done, the puzzles are okay, but the whole of it just seemed disjointed--like maybe three different teams were working on it and they weren't on speaking terms.

fragileind
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by fragileind on Aug 11, 10 8:39 PM
There were times I was cursing this game, but more times when I was thinking this was the coolest game ever. Often, right after I cursed (and finally figured out what the *#&^ I was supposed to do!) Beautifully clear visuals for all puzzles and hidden objects as well as the larger scenes, a huge improvement over Amazon, the other HE game I've played. Music, surprisingly, didn't bother me, and some of the pop-up comments and journal entries made me laugh. I could have used a few more hidden object searches, the balance really favors the puzzles. The puzzles & games took a lot of trial and error, not a bad thing, and I don't want any fewer of them (just more search scenes too!). Sometimes the object of the game is unclear. These parts need a "hint" function that actually is a hint and not a skip (we want the skip option too, mind you, but throw us a bone to get started!) Twice, I was absolutely stuck and skipped the game. During my wanderings from scene to scene, several times the next step or room is not at all obvious -- not that I want it obvious obvious, but again, a hint would be nice, instead of having to stop and consult the walkthrough in shame. Story? well, let's hope the continuation explains more. The ending is cheesy and comes one chapter too soon. And there are technical glitches here and there -- the jigsaw puzzle was the worst, total screen freeze. Read hints on how to solve it in the technical thread -- they do work, but it's a major annoyance. All that being said, though, this would totally be worth a DD, but I did expect better from the HE folks.

[Post New]by mommyinga on Aug 21, 10 9:05 AM
Is there an expected release date for the sequel?

[Post New]by mommyinga on Aug 21, 10 9:08 AM
Is there a date set for the sequel?

[Post New]by AlanG1 on Sep 27, 10 2:25 AM
I really enjoyed this game too. It was a very entertaining tale with a few surprises in store, most of them good.
I didn't enjoy the surprise which left the game half-done...
I don't mean this as a major criticism but when you get a warning that this is a "large download file" I expect a complete story. Beginning, middle and end.
"Devil's Triangle" gets you to find the pilot, uncover the source / bad guy and then dumps you on another island miles from home.
Any news about when part 2 comes out?

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

Good Game 75 - 25

[Post New]by bratzgram on Nov 11, 10 5:20 PM
The reason I titled 75 - 25 was because there were some things that really bothered me about this game. In the beginning I thought this is going to be one of my favorites. The mini's were just the right in difficulty and the story and graphics were great. The one thing that really got to me was the fact that you never knew what was in your inventory. Things went in so fast that you didn't get to read them and once they were there even if you put your cursor on them it did not tell you what they were. That became a problem more than once for me. Another problem was freezing up. Three times during the last quarter of the game I had to reboot my computer because the game froze. Even with these problems I found this one of my higher rated games. I did have to use the walk through a couple of times but if I didn't I would have been disappointed and found the game to easy. Overall a great game.

SMQMC
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by SMQMC on Nov 12, 10 8:23 PM
If it hadn't been for the Walkthrough, I never would have gotten through this game! I think it's one of the hardest games I've ever played. I got so tired of going back and forth to it, I finally printed it out and just read what to do next. Honestly , that is not my idea of a "fun" game. Too much work and you're letting the Walkthrough tell you exactly what to do next. I tried to figure things out on my own first, but I guess this isn't my type of game.

Go to: