Re:Jane Angel: Templar Mystery comments and reviews

[Post New]by Eugene_Duranin on Dec 15, 09 1:15 PM
ihateshopping wrote:I finished the game, so I wanted to give it as complete and objective a review as I could. There is QUITE a lot to like in this game, and the positives far outweigh the negatives.

Ultimately, this is a VERY good game. On a scale of 1 to 5, I'd give it 3.75 stars & a 90% enjoyability factor.

Even with the negatives, this game was very well conceived & outshines others with similar problems. For example, Mysterious City: Golden Prague suffered from a much greater labeling/spelling problem, and was not near as good a game as this one, in my humble opinion. I did NOT enjoy Mysterious City ; I DID enjoy Templar Mystery.

I'm VERY happy I purchased it & look forward to more (I'm hoping there are more cases involving Ms. Angel) from this developer. LOL! I can think of several adventures Ms. Angel could embark on...Shangri-la, El Dorado, Atlantis, The Fountain of Youth, Alexander's Library, come to mind.

Hi, ihateshopping!
Your feedback is definitely most constructive! Thank you so much as developer is able to thank
We'll keep all positives while will work on fix all negatives! I agree with your negative list, except 6) - cause I had to do it Personally I like movies/stories approaching to next part (of course if I like first one).

You are reading my mind! I know it by your last sentence But I'll keep it in secrect for a while.

Best regards, Eugene.

ihateshopping
Guppy
Guppy
125 Posts

[Post New]by ihateshopping on Dec 15, 09 2:38 PM
Eugene_Duranin wrote:I agree with your negative list, except 6) - cause I had to do it
Eugene, the abrupt ending may have just been my experience on the first run-through. I was running out of time, so I clicked on "Skip" in the last scene and went directly to the credits. LOL I'll definitely play it again & try not to skip the last puzzle.

PamNor58
Lobster
Lobster
95 Posts

[Post New]by PamNor58 on Dec 15, 09 5:31 PM
Thanks Eugene, and thanks for being interested in the players thoughts. I will be watching for the next game from you all to come out, so give us a "heads up" please. Any hints as to what to watch for and when?

[Post New]by Eugene_Duranin on Dec 16, 09 2:29 AM
PamNor58 wrote:Thanks Eugene, and thanks for being interested in the players thoughts. I will be watching for the next game from you all to come out, so give us a "heads up" please. Any hints as to what to watch for and when?

Hi, PamNor58!
I think we'll be done with 4-5 months. Our team consist of two person, so we just can't to release one game per month

Best regards, Eugene.

KitKat5169
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,099 Posts

[Post New]by KitKat5169 on Dec 17, 09 1:15 PM
Hi Eugene!
Just came back into this forum just to see if you were still communicating with us Big Fish's, and here you were! Thanks for being here!
Can't wait for your next game. Not going to give us any hints on what type of game it is or anything about it? Just give us a little hint! I hope the next one will be as good as this one. If you need someone to proof it before you release it, I'm sure plenty of us would be up for the job!

[Post New]by Eugene_Duranin on Dec 17, 09 1:29 PM
KitKat5169 wrote:Hi Eugene!
Just came back into this forum just to see if you were still communicating with us Big Fish's, and here you were! Thanks for being here!
Can't wait for your next game. Not going to give us any hints on what type of game it is or anything about it? Just give us a little hint! I hope the next one will be as good as this one. If you need someone to proof it before you release it, I'm sure plenty of us would be up for the job!

Hi. KitKat5169!
Thank for your interest
Next game (s) will be next story about Jane, but more mysterious and more adventure elements. Also we think about fantasy strategy game with strong storyline.

Best regards, Eugene!

[Post New]by snyder1111 on Dec 17, 09 1:57 PM
How many chapters does this game have? I don't know why this type of information is not listed in the description. In my 1 hr free play I made it to chapter 3 so I am hoping that it has a lot more.

Also, when you go in to play it again, it does change some of the objects to find.

I thought it was really fun!

KitKat5169
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,099 Posts

[Post New]by KitKat5169 on Dec 17, 09 2:12 PM
Hi Eugene:
That sounds great! I don't know if I can wait 4 or 5 months!

[Post New]by Eugene_Duranin on Dec 17, 09 2:20 PM
snyder1111 wrote:How many chapters does this game have? I don't know why this type of information is not listed in the description. In my 1 hr free play I made it to chapter 3 so I am hoping that it has a lot more.

Also, when you go in to play it again, it does change some of the objects to find.

I thought it was really fun!

Hi, snyder1111. You've stopped on 2/5(even less, cause final chapters are longer) of the game Chapters aren't measure of game length.

Best regards, Eugene.

zorrogumbo
Clownfish
Clownfish
550 Posts

[Post New]by zorrogumbo on Dec 18, 09 10:39 AM
Hi, Eugene Duranin, I've just seen yourgame mentioned in one of the threads and i investigated and when i saw that you were involved in the forum about your game creation, then i've told myself 'lets give this guy a try for his game' and i just tried your 1hr sample and i must admit that i was pleased with this type of game. I did like the music, the graphics and the different games in each chapter that i've seen. I did like to scroll to find things which were not always evident to find. There is alot to look for and the game deserves more attention than alot of others swimming in this big pond. You guys are on the right track and I give 4 stars out of 5....

[Post New]by Eugene_Duranin on Dec 18, 09 12:34 PM
zorrogumbo wrote:Hi, Eugene Duranin, I've just seen yourgame mentioned in one of the threads and i investigated and when i saw that you were involved in the forum about your game creation, then i've told myself 'lets give this guy a try for his game' and i just tried your 1hr sample and i must admit that i was pleased with this type of game. I did like the music, the graphics and the different games in each chapter that i've seen. I did like to scroll to find things which were not always evident to find. There is alot to look for and the game deserves more attention than alot of others swimming in this big pond. You guys are on the right track and I give 4 stars out of 5....

Hi, zorrogumbo!
Thank you for feedback. We really wanted to make game as classic HOG, but with distinct and unique mechanics. We also were hardly prewarned about scrolling screen ("auditory wouldn't accept it!"), so I'm "double-glad" that scrolling screen is well accepted by you (y'all ).

Best regards, Eugene!

[Post New]by Eugene_Duranin on Dec 18, 09 5:54 PM
Hi, everybody!
Update for Jane Angel now is available for downloading.
We fixed:
1) Black strips problem.
2) Grammar and spelling (Hope that all was fixed, except style )
3) Mouse handler (CLICKING PROBLEM).

Hope most problem will be fixed completely.

Best regards, Eugene.

ebbalytle
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by ebbalytle on Dec 18, 09 10:37 PM
Eugene_Duranin wrote:Hi, everybody!
Update for Jane Angel now is available for downloading.
We fixed:
1) Black strips problem.
2) Grammar and spelling (Hope that all was fixed, except style )
3) Mouse handler (CLICKING PROBLEM).

Hope most problem will be fixed completely.

Best regards, Eugene.

Fantastic! I'm off to re-download the game now. Thank you for being so attentive to this forum and to your customers!

Kayster
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by Kayster on Dec 20, 09 11:19 AM
Hi Eugene -
I downloaded the updated version and everything seems to be working fine. There are a couple of brain scratching words, but that is OK - nothing "wrong."

I am about a third of the way through and am enjoying it as much as the first time.

Coming back to the game I realized how good the technical aspects are here. The graphics are outstanding and I do like the horizontal scrolling and the scene transition. Plus all of your fun innovations - like the fix the differences instead of find the differences.

GOOD WORK! I will be looking forward to your next game!

[Post New]by Eugene_Duranin on Dec 20, 09 11:23 AM
Hi, Kayster.
Thank you for positive feedback
BTW I'll borrow your term "fix difference" - it sounds great!

Best regards, Eugene.

Harriju
Clownfish
Clownfish
593 Posts

[Post New]by Harriju on Dec 20, 09 5:54 PM
I'm just now getting around to playing this game today, I've been sick, and just wanted to say that I love it. I think its a fantastic game, well worth the money and will be looking forward to another!! Bravo!!!!!

QuietLurker
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,497 Posts

[Post New]by QuietLurker on Dec 23, 09 7:58 PM
I was enjoying the game enough to purchase it before the demo was up. Then I played for awhile.

Then today I played for awhile - up to about the second part of the London chapter. I am more tired today and had to use hints quite a bit. I didn't mind using hints because they refill at a good speed.

However - I did not at all like how the object would be shown against a black square. I guess it was to be like a Polaroid photo. But then all I could do was click and then both the object and the black box disappeared.

There was no chance to see how the object had looked in its surroundings. This was so irritating that I stopped playing and will not play again.

[Post New]by Eugene_Duranin on Dec 24, 09 1:58 AM
QuietLurker wrote:I was enjoying the game enough to purchase it before the demo was up. Then I played for awhile.

Then today I played for awhile - up to about the second part of the London chapter. I am more tired today and had to use hints quite a bit. I didn't mind using hints because they refill at a good speed.

However - I did not at all like how the object would be shown against a black square. I guess it was to be like a Polaroid photo. But then all I could do was click and then both the object and the black box disappeared.

There was no chance to see how the object had looked in its surroundings. This was so irritating that I stopped playing and will not play again.

Hi, QuietLurker.
Thank you for your feedback!
I'm really surprised with your comment about irritating "polaroid photo" - so I'm really sorry that our vision of help tip prevented you of enjoying the game But I'm sure you have chance to see "the object had looked in its surroundings" cause if you were looking for particular object and then you called for hint - you surely saw this object before, but just didn't recognized it (it is core mechanic for all HOGs). Anyway, we'll think about visual presentation of hint system again.

Best regards, Eugene (developer).

Gentlsong
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,865 Posts

[Post New]by Gentlsong on Dec 24, 09 7:20 AM
Hi Eugene,

Although it didn't keep me from enjoying the game, I didn't like the black box hint thing either. Yes, we've probably seen the object and not recognized it while we were looking, but that is why we needed the hint. I want to be able to recognize it next time I see it as it looks in the surroundings without needing a hint. In order to do this, I need to see it in its surroundings at the time it is identified. In other words, seeing it in its surroundings and not recognizing it is basically the same as not seeing it.

[Post New]by Eugene_Duranin on Dec 24, 09 8:54 AM
Gentlsong wrote:Hi Eugene,

Although it didn't keep me from enjoying the game, I didn't like the black box hint thing either. Yes, we've probably seen the object and not recognized it while we were looking, but that is why we needed the hint. I want to be able to recognize it next time I see it as it looks in the surroundings without needing a hint. In order to do this, I need to see it in its surroundings at the time it is identified. In other words, seeing it in its surroundings and not recognizing it is basically the same as not seeing it.

Hi, Gentlsong.
Thank you for feedback. As I wrote before any constructive comment is good cause to think about improvements! Looks like we'll change hint system in next game

Best regards, Eugene.

Go to: