gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

Re:To Friends of DotJ; DJ1; Ree; Kelli Jo; DOTTY (android) & aussie_Dot

[Post New]by gohill on May 11, 17 8:07 AM
YAY!!!!!!!! Go Dot, Go Dot... you can do it ....

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on May 22, 17 7:00 PM
A HUGE THANK YOU to all my friends. With your help, I was able to complete the Spring Event on most of my games. I concentrated on one game at a time so consequently a couple of games lagged. We have been having internet connection issues. Most issues are to do with the phone line into the house. Once it was on BigFish's end. Getting a little frustrated but doing the best I can (in the circumstances).

DotJ game: All eggs collected & achievements done. Thank you so much for the carrots.
Ree game: Managed to get all the unique eggs. However, due to ongoing internet problems, I did not get all 500 eggs collected. But there is always next year! Glass half full!!
DJ1 game: That last enchanted egg, Henry is the character, is still hiding. (Took 41 eggs to complete all the creatures; took 54 eggs to complete the ladies but 287 blue eggs later still no Henry!) Plus, due to internet problems, I did not make the 500 eggs collected. So no achievements accomplished on this game.
Kelli Jo game: All eggs collected & achievements done. Thank you so much for the carrots & the encouragement. This game went down to the last day but Whew! we did it.

My android game: Unfortunately my tablet is still packed somewhere. The downside to having grandsons help you pack is that they packed everything (they could get their hands on) in whatever box or bag had room. So my game is temporarily in limbo (till I find the tablet).

Unpacking: The grandsons (aged 13, 15 & 18) came over on the weekend and moved all the furniture (in my 2 rooms) to where I wanted it. Next weekend they are coming back to help me unpack & put things away. I was getting depressed looking at all the work still to be done! Thank heavens for helpful grandsons!

Healthwise: Started a new anti-inflammatory tablet & it seems to be working. Back & knees are less painful. I am a little more mobile now.

Another PLUS: Had lots of rain here in the last few days. Now the grass has gone from brown to green. Yea! Still on severe water restrictions but it is hopeful the drought has broken a little.

Again thank you to all my friends. Have fun in the castle or enjoy your break whichever you have decided to do!

Dot

PS: Are the RED/GREEN icons working now? Mine appear to be but I wasn't sure if I should trust them yet?

Sharp_Eye574363
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,845 Posts

[Post New]by Sharp_Eye574363 on May 22, 17 8:29 PM
Hi Dot--It's so good to hear from you! So sorry you couldn't get everything done in all your games but, all in all, you did pretty well! It's also good news that you've found medicine that is working better for you. Hooray!!

How nice of your grandsons to be so helpful. Many at those ages can't be bothered with us elder folk, so that was nice to hear. I'm sure next weekend, they'll have you all set up so you can relax some.

As for the red and green icons, in my PC game, they seem to be pretty accurate so I would say be cautiously optimistic.

If there's anything you need for your DJ1 game, just let me know and I'll do what I can to help. I'm pretty well stocked up so feel free to ask for whatever you need.

All the best,
Ada

[Post New]by lanky46musician on May 22, 17 9:25 PM
Hi Dot,

I wouldn't trust the icons yet. I'm still changing the date, when I remember, every day. Twice my Spring Room changed to the Christmas Room on one of my PC games. I blamed the grandkids the first time, but the next day they weren't here and it happened again, so I am trying to change something in that room every day too. Better safe than sorry.

Glad you were able to get so much done. We will all try to help if you need anything.

Happy gaming,
DeeJay46

susanlnels
Clownfish
Clownfish
565 Posts

[Post New]by susanlnels on May 23, 17 6:58 PM
I'm so glad you were able to get a lot of the Spring Event achievements finished. I didn't get the 500 eggs on any of my 3 games. I couldn't buy many diamonds but I got over 300 on my games so next year will be easier .

I'm so glad your grandsons were so helpful. I bet they are glad to hang out with their Grandma .

I know you have had very trying times but I pray things are on the road upward for you .

My husband's been bedridden for 10 weeks but is going to get rehab again to hopefully get strong enough to get back in his wheelchair, I hope, I hope! He has a rare disease called Ogilvie's Syndrome that affects his intestines too.

Hugs to you,

Sue (Suenamie)

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on May 23, 17 11:45 PM
Ada & DeeJay.

Thank you for your comments and your offers of assistance. At present I am going to wait until next Spring for the achievements I have missed out on (in my Ree & DJ1 games). I am going to concentrate those games on helping the Consortium. If you have any leftover Spring items, they will be appreciated.

DeeJay did not realize that the Spring Room had been affected. I hope my room is still on Spring. Though I will be ducking into the other rooms to update them (when I have the shards).

Sue,

Sent you a PM. Thank you for your comments. Thanks to my friends who sent me carrots & to the Spring Terrace HOS, I got the 500 eggs on 2 of my games. I did not use very many diamonds as that supply is rather low at the moment (due to the Castle Challenge - only had 2 days to complete 20 days of tasks so used diamonds on airship & dice returns).

Hoping your husband's condition improves. Sending you prayers and good wishes.

Thank you again my friends. I feel blessed to know such lovely people.

Dot

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on May 24, 17 1:55 AM
Dot, PM not received as of 18:55 24/05. Will check back later. Hope this is the right Sue,

Cheers,

Sue

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on May 24, 17 2:08 AM
Hi Sue/ AnnaDownes,

The PM was for Sue/ susaninels. Apologies for not making it clearer. I am writing to you too so that PM should be on its way to you soon. I am still experiencing internet connection issues. Hopefully there will be none tonight as I have put aside tonight as my night to answer/ write PMs. Fingers crossed!

Hope all is well with you. No more storms?? Take care.

Dot

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on May 24, 17 3:27 PM
HI Dot,

No worries, wasn't sure if it was me or Susaninels. Always a problem with so many Sues. Once worked in an office with 6 other Sues. Boss would call out Sue A etc. Great until we started getting married and doubled up on last initials.

Great that you are back in the game & hope they can sort out your internet issues. Ours down here is as slow as a wet week, Been heavy torrential rain this week but at least my rebuilt "Castle" is no longer flooding.

datsalotta
Clownfish
Clownfish
673 Posts

[Post New]by datsalotta on May 25, 17 3:35 PM
Hey Dot !

Glad for this thread. I get to check on you to see how you are doing. Seems like you are in good spirits, playing MC, and sharing your thoughts Still lots to get organized but you have support from family. Good to know. And the grass is green too !!!

As long as you have a carrot on your wish list I will gift one regularly

datsalotta / piesy

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Aug 28, 17 8:14 PM
Hi Everyone!

Apologies for not being around very much but real life has been keeping me busy.

About a month ago, Ben (the son I live with) had a seizure. The doctors are still not sure what caused it so he has further tests to undergo. The doctors have cleared him to return to work but therein lies a problem. He is not medically fit to drive for 6 months. So Kayla (his partner) & I started taking turns driving him to & from work. As he works split shifts (he is a cook), that is 4 trips a day. Add in that Kayla also was working and some days were hectic trying to get everyone to their respective destinations.

We had just settled into a routine when Kayla started having problems with the baby she was expecting. So for the last week, she has been in hospital. When Ben wasn't at work, he was up at the hospital. I became full-time baby-sitter/ chief cook & washer-upper/ housekeeper. Eleanor is a rambunctious 2 1/2 year granddaughter. A delight but very wearing.

Yesterday Kayla went into labour. Last night the doctors had to perform an emergency Caesarian . I AM NOW A GRANDMA AGAIN! Grayson was born at 11.57 pm on 28th August 2017. He is 4 weeks premature but has weighed in at 2.295 kg or 5 lbs. Currently he is in the Neonatal Special Care Unit. They say he is dong well. I may get to see him later today when I take Eleanor up to see Kayla, Ben (he has been at the hospital with Kayla for the last 2 days) and the baby. Kayla is tired but doing okay.

Not sure if I will complete this MC Challenge. So I wish all my friends & other players as well all the best. I will gift as & when I have the time. Hopefully things will settle down a little soon.

Take care everyone. Special prayer for all those affected by Hurricane Harvey.

Dot

Dbingamen
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

Re:To Friends of DotJ; DJ1; Ree; Kelli Jo; DOT 2 (android) & aussie_Dot

[Post New]by Dbingamen on Aug 28, 17 8:56 PM
Congratulations, Dot, on having a new grandson You sure have been busy! I have a 4 year old grandson who stays with me a lot and I know how tiring they can be. But I get so much joy from him. I hope that you are feeling ok and that things settle down for you. Sending prayers to you all.

iwik1
Herring
Herring
382 Posts

[Post New]by iwik1 on Aug 28, 17 9:34 PM
Congratulations on becoming a grandma once again.

I have two myself and as much as I love them boy do they tire me out. Mind you I wouldn't trade it for the world and if nothing else it makes work seem more like a holiday. Haha!

Hope things settle down a little for you soon but until then take care and look after yourself as well and please let me know if there is anything I can help you with in the castle.

Chris

kkreisman
Clownfish
Clownfish
535 Posts

[Post New]by kkreisman on Aug 28, 17 9:43 PM
Congratulations on your new grandson, Dot. You have been through so many ups and downs this year, you must remember to take care of yourself, too. This new little one, I know, will bring a lot of joy into your life. Don't worry about gifting, we'll be here when things settle down a little for you.

Blessings to you and your family,

katiek

[Post New]by MysteriousMoods on Aug 28, 17 11:33 PM
Congratulations on having a new grandson!
I'm sorry to hear about your son and all you've had to endure this year.
Bless you all.

Myhashen
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by Myhashen on Aug 29, 17 6:16 AM
Congrats on the new grand child. How exciting! My daughter is pregnant with her second child now.

I know how it feels to be responsible for a toddler. My grand daughter will be 3 at the end of October, and I stayed with her 2 weeks ago for 4 days in Dallas while her parents were on a retreat with the company where they both work. Whew! Wore me out even though she is a sweet and precious little girl, she is very precocious and active. My favorite thing she says is "I pick you up, ShaSha!" when she wants to be picked up.

Hope all goes well with everyone's health and you all get things squared away. In the meantime, I'll be sure to gift to you (your are my friend on pc as DotJ) as often as possible. Put whatever cc items you can on the list. No worries about gifting back. Just take care of yourself and your family.

ShaSha

Edited on 08/29/2017 at 6:18:53 AM PST

sbaker2318
Manatee
Manatee
4,187 Posts

[Post New]by sbaker2318 on Aug 29, 17 7:45 AM
Congrats Dot!! WOOHOO!! Love my grandkids.........love it when they go home! Children ARE for the young.........too darn tired anymore.

Sharp_Eye574363
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,845 Posts

[Post New]by Sharp_Eye574363 on Aug 29, 17 8:01 AM
Congratulations, Dot! You're on my game as DJ1 so feel free to put on anything you need to help you with the challenge! No worries about gifting back. Prayers go out to you and your family for strength and healing.

Ada

eastendteddy
Salmon
Salmon
2,821 Posts

[Post New]by eastendteddy on Aug 29, 17 1:26 PM
Wow Dot you are sure on a whirl wind, and have been through so much lately .
Congratulations on your new grandson .
You know your MC family is here behind you it is more important that you take care of what is going on in your home and most of all take care of your self you have been and still are the glue that holds the family together and we as your MC family will be your glue so take your time we all understand and will be here for you.

Randy

LillieCat55
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by LillieCat55 on Aug 29, 17 1:53 PM
Lots happening for you, Dot, and while some is rough, there is the very best news to shine a light on everything: Congratulations on your wonderful new grandson!

Hang in there, don't worry about the game, and know that you take all of our very best wishes for you wherever you go, whatever you do!

All the cats: Lillie, Rose and Dash

Go to: