mendolyn
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Love & Death ™: Bitten ™

[Post New]by mendolyn on Oct 16, 10 10:02 PM
i know i'll be in the minority judging from the posts here but i really thought this was a so-so game.

SPOILER ALERT
1.the graphics were OK, most of them were pretty enough. the visuals were probably the best part of this game
2.my main gripe was the story: the love story was a little rushed and in fact i cannot pinpoint at all when the "heroine" and "vampire guy" actually "fell in love". i also thought the back story of the witch cursing the prince to be her eternal lover was kind of ****-hum. really just did not feel any sparkle happening anywhere in the story. i thought maybe a little more time might have been spent developing the storyline and characters to a point where they were actually like-able, which they never really were for me. ultimately this story just felt like a device to propel me from one area to another to pick up stuff to solve puzzles and nothing more.
3.unlikable characters, as i hit on in the previous point, was also problematic for me. honestly i didn't really like them much. from a story telling perspective there was just no reason for me to do so. the "heroine" doesn't have much back story except she's orphaned and living with a mean bossy uncle (cliche romantic heroin here). ultimately she "falls in love" and tries to save some prince-turned-vampire for some reason i'm not sure of. if she had done it to save her village, fine...but for some guy she never met before who is basically just arrogant and obnoxious...yeah i don't get that. i found no romancing going on here at all. also the overly cliched bad girl witch was...overly cliched. i definitely skipped all of her dialog after hearing it the first time which was only missing the standard "muahahaha" and, if she had been a male character, a bout of evil-guy mustache twirling.
4. the puzzles were OK. some of them required a little thinking but nothing really stands out as "wow i'm having a fun time".
5. ALL of the dialogue and character voices made me cringe most of the time and i clicked thru them as quickly as possible. the whisps in the aviary were probably the worst offenders.

this game was a B- game for me at best. i know i'm in the minority here...but if you're going to include a story line in a HOG then it should at least be worth the telling. i bought it as a DD so i don't feel too overly ripped off. just my opinions, happy gaming to all who liked it.

buckeyelibra
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by buckeyelibra on Oct 17, 10 11:52 AM
Great game! hope the sequel comes out soon. it will be a sure buy!

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Oct 17, 10 4:15 PM
The HOG sections were enjoyable, and the mini games a bit different. I liked the graphics. Music is a little boring. I'm glad I purchased the game but did not like the ending at all. That's not a spoiler, because I'm not going to say what I didn't like about it.

ccostly
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by ccostly on Oct 17, 10 7:36 PM
We played the trial and bought it the same day. Definitely worth the $2.99! We enjoyed the storyline, characters, dialogue, puzzles. It wasn't a HOG where there were a lot of junk piles to sort through. I enjoyed how the puzzles weren't too difficult where you had to skip through them.

[Post New]by crazybluegirl200 on Oct 18, 10 6:25 PM
I enjoyed this game and I'm glad I got it on sale. The theme kind of kept me away when the game was first released.
It has a very generous hint system and a lot of voice acting. The mini games can be skipped which a plus for me. There were a couple puzzles that could not be skipped and I had trouble with them. They actually were harder than the ones I could skip, at least for me.
This game is worth a try.

MarpleLover
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by MarpleLover on Oct 20, 10 3:06 AM
Any game I can play to the end is a great game to me. Some games are good but I get stuck in due to a very difficult mini-game. Love games with skip option in all of the mini-games so you can keep moving forward. Sometimes when I play the game over I can beat the game-stopping mini-game.

Playing both characters is an interesting plot twist.

Safarri
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by Safarri on Oct 20, 10 7:28 AM
Just right for my level of play. Thanks BF, love it.

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Oct 21, 10 10:31 AM
the game!! Length just right, hidden object scenes great and hopes for a sequel....!

WolfandMoon
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by WolfandMoon on Oct 27, 10 8:18 PM
I loved this game and I hope there will be a part two. I will hope so! I played the special ending by finding 100 gold leaves and I want to know more about what happens! I find this game beautiful and enjoyable with the graphics and characters. There is no time limit so I could play the game at my leisure and the puzzles were fun! Great game!

[Post New]by poodlepink on Nov 29, 10 6:59 AM
Really fun game! Totally great deal at $2.99!

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Nov 30, 10 1:51 PM
Great and also long game and a steal for the Weekly deal, don`t miss it

dogcatmom
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by dogcatmom on Nov 30, 10 2:28 PM
LOVED this game!!!!! I can't wait for part 2. Personally, I thought the ending was great! It threw me a curve, but I loved it. Best buy I've made this year!

stasibug
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by stasibug on Dec 4, 10 3:47 PM
Almost missed out on this one. When first released, I thought it was so popular "just because" it was the vampire thingy. So glad you had it this week for $2.99. Will have to do a better job on assumptions from now on. Thoroughly enjoyed this one!

GrammaKj
Clownfish
Clownfish
541 Posts

[Post New]by GrammaKj on Dec 4, 10 10:07 PM
I almost missed this one because of the subject matter. So glad I gave it a try. I just started Chapter 5 and I'm taking my time with this one. I love the mini puzzles inside the hidden object scenes e.g. the puppets on stage. Loved that one! I definitely would buy a sequel if it ever comes out and I am giving it 4 stars (only because of the ending I read in the spoilers) out of 5.

[Post New]by carolinachick220 on Dec 5, 10 9:05 PM
After seeing that most of the comments on this game were positive, I gave the trial a try and since it was 2 minutes to midnight Sunday night, I couldn't pass up the $2.99 deal!

Thanks !

looloopy
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by looloopy on Dec 8, 10 4:02 AM
I,m in love and bitten by the bug.,More games please of this calbre.no glitches,no problems,very testing at times on the old grey cells.Just what my psychiatrist ordered.HA!HA!I have been a Fishie for about 3 years and will try anything but I know what games I really like and this ranks among my top 10, Tatty bye from snowy,pretty England

[Post New]by carolinachick220 on Dec 8, 10 8:55 PM
I absolutely loved this game! Got it with the $2.99 weekly deal and it was the best $2.99 spent on this site. The puzzles are different and not too difficult; only had to refer to the walkthrough once when there was no skip puzzle option near the end of the game. The graphics are great and music was nice and soothing - not obnoxious like some games.

Thanks for another great deal and game!

[Post New]by mtymte on Jan 9, 11 8:24 PM
Excellent HOG adventure game. Well worth it!

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Jan 19, 11 11:15 AM
Missed this one as DD unfortunately (kicks self in ****!!) but have since downloaded due to some-one in the forums recommending it to some-one else.

Really glad I did, it is fairly long, and very innovative game-play. I like the interaction in H0G scene's. Make it really fun to play.

Don't know why I didn't download when it first came out (kicks self in **** AGAIN)

Some-one (who-ever you are) be sure to make a fuss and draw our attention when the sequel come out!!

Kel

IYBAKH
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

[Post New]by IYBAKH on Feb 10, 11 9:27 PM
We really enjoyed this unique hidden object and adventure game -- vampires and all! It had a variety of activities, including puzzles, finding hidden objects, and remembering various places where items could be used. it took us between 5-6 hours to finish the game. It's well-planned, nice graphics; and unobstrusive music. I hope there will be a sequel.

Edited on 02/10/2011 at 9:28:47 PM PST

Go to: