Re:Your Comments and Review for Puppet Show: Souls of the Innocent Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Xhrystal on Oct 18, 10 10:20 AM
I love the first game and this one. Seriously, it's just super good. I've already played through it twice on the normal version. I didn't get the Collector's Edition and now I wish I had. Can someone tell me what the bonus gameplay is?

bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Puppet Show: Souls of the Innocent Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Oct 18, 10 10:33 AM
Xhrystal wrote:I love the first game and this one. Seriously, it's just super good. I've already played through it twice on the normal version. I didn't get the Collector's Edition and now I wish I had. Can someone tell me what the bonus gameplay is?

Hi Xhrystal,

Welcome to the pond!

The extras include:

-A bonus level that adds a little to the story and acts as a bit of an epilogue

-Wallpapers

-The soundtrack

-The integrated strategy guide

-Concept art

-A screensaver

If you'd like to upgrade from a standard edition to a collector, you can purchase the Collector and contact Customer Support to get a refund for the standard edition.

If you acquired the standard edition with a Punch Card credit, they can issue you with a replacement coupon.

Hope this helps!

bfgImbrium

buckeyelibra
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by buckeyelibra on Oct 22, 10 7:29 PM
loved this game! took quite a while to finish & had to go to the walkthrough a couple of times. Hope there is another one.

silverink
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

[Post New]by silverink on Jan 12, 11 9:03 AM
I finally played this one. It was an excellent quality game, although I think I liked the atmosphere of the first Puppetshow more because it was creepier.

As always with these developers, the artwork is wonderful and the game play is smooth and logical, with great adventure elements and a good story. The game is on the easy side, but overall length is better on this one than the first game.

I loved it and look forward to Part 3 - and any future games from these developers!

1misssam
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by 1misssam on Feb 19, 11 7:22 AM
Questions for players?!? I played this game when I first started HOGs, and this was one of the games that set the bar for me.I love them.My questions are 1) is this a new game or just an expanded version of the game I already have,and 2) even if it isan "old" game, is there enough "new" game to justify the CE price. As always thanks to all the fishes that make gaming and this pond such a great place to swim.

[Post New]by ritaz1964 on Feb 28, 11 9:03 PM
Im not getting the vibes you guys are from this game... I find it annoying, eyes get tired easy and the music bugs me.... the artwork is lovely, but little creatures coming to get little girls souls in their beds..... what are you thinking! Its in poor taste.

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Mar 18, 11 7:15 AM
I was really disappointed with this game. The ending was just a let down. I feel like I wasted $14.00 on a game that I clearly didn't find worth it.I didn't even find enough interest to play the BONUS level.

[Post New]by oleboy on Mar 18, 11 1:08 PM
Great game as are most of the BFG's thank you

oleboy

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Oct 4, 11 5:19 AM
I bought this Fantastic Adventure Hog (my favorite type of game) CE game Nov of 2010 and just finished playing it again. Well worth the CE price IMO. Great story, great graphics and great scene design. The Bonus game was long enough. Games have improved so much that many of the games from a year ago are drab and boring, but not this one. I thoroughly enjoyed my re-play.
The Bonus ended with a "to be continued". PLEASE...where's the sequel?

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Oct 4, 11 5:25 AM
The Bonus ended with a "to be continued". PLEASE...where's the sequel?
Puppet Show: Lost Town came out in March.

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Oct 4, 11 10:02 AM
Mr_Russ........thanks so very much. Lost Town sounded familiar, so I checked my purchase history and I have it. DUH!! I'm certainly going to re-play it. Sorry about being so late with my thank you, but I just got home from having the first part of a two day stress test. A horrible experience, but a necessary one. I've been re-playing some of my old games while waiting for games to my liking to use my credits on. Anyway, thanks much.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Oct 4, 11 10:20 AM
You're welcome. I don't think you can be late in a global forum.

FORTUNATUS
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by FORTUNATUS on Feb 6, 12 12:47 AM
ritaz1964 wrote:Im not getting the vibes you guys are from this game... I find it annoying, eyes get tired easy and the music bugs me.... the artwork is lovely, but little creatures coming to get little girls souls in their beds..... what are you thinking! Its in poor taste.

Yep, stopped playing to catch a hint, read your comment and had just been thinking the same thing. Baby doll's heads walking around snatching young girl's souls?? Whaaaaaat?!

Granted, the art is fabulous, the games are fantastic, yet the music is dreadful and if you stop to think about it, what does this really represent... ok, the main villain perhaps represents vanity and greed and the lengths a fantasized evil person may go through gain control of both, yet it's quite insinuatingly degrading somehow. Women and young children/girls? Baby dolls hanging abandoned, menacingly around the castle spaced with macabe heads and "puppets" being controlled to work the whole operation... hmmm. Strange mixed messages here somewhere.

Well, anyway, just my thoughts.

Again, I am absolutely enjoying the artwork... wonderful, the games are fun and challenging; it's just that I get an unsettled feeling overall playing this. It's almost as if I'm playing a game that has a hidden meaning or something and the dev a minion to the villain, lol.

Maybe the next episode will be clearer... one can only hope.

Fortunatus

Edited on 02/06/2012 at 11:24:11 PM PST

[Post New]by lovesfreedom on May 6, 12 2:00 AM
I am so happy to read these reviews. I have not played any of the puppet games, so looks like I need to remedy that, but I have learned my lesson well about seeing what others are saying about a game before jumping in with the old debit card. I loved the first Ravenhearst games, then was excited to see a new one & what a diappointment it was, so, thanks to all in the pond for the reviews, I feel comfortable trying these out now.

Mickeycb
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Mickeycb on May 22, 13 11:51 PM
Wow, this one went really fast for me. I don't know if I'm just use to the style of this game, since I've played all of the others. The only drawback that I'm noticing is too many HOS and not enough adventure. OR if you're going to have that many HOS, then at least balance the adventure part of it in the CE. That's it. Loved the game and the series.

Go to: