Senior Citizens sign in!!

Lambina
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

Re:Senior Citizens sign in!!

[Post New]by Lambina on Mar 9, 18 7:21 PM
Trav3lbird wrote:OK Grampa, I have opened Milan. Anyone else notice that the book of a fashion magazine (in Italy) has an Asian language?

Maybe it is because the fashion's are not manufactured in Italy
I bought a pair of name brand sweats a couple weeks ago that had 10 tags sewn into the back in 10 different language's for laundry instructions, never seen anything like that before

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Mar 10, 18 7:44 AM
I caved in. Miss GD too much to wait for the devs to fix it. Did not buy a new iPad, but found an android tablet that is almost as large and cost less than $70. Now downloading GD.

Edit: it works but the performance is slower. I won't want to try timed levels with this, as it takes noticeably longer for the tiles to stop moving so I can make the next move. And the Facebook friend that never showed up in game on my iPad is there on the Nextbook - yay!

Edited on 03/10/2018 at 8:36:33 AM PST

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Mar 10, 18 2:06 PM
Fast work by the devs and Apple! Just got a second Milan update and it works on iOS 10!

GamingGrampa
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by GamingGrampa on Mar 10, 18 2:55 PM
Well after suffering today from Gummy Drop withdrawal, the devs rescued me! Thanks lordkalvan for the quick tip on fb messenger! Now I'll check my PM's for more monument info, ha- ha!

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Mar 12, 18 3:40 AM
If your game crashes when you tap the envelope, try logging out of Facebook and back in again. This worked for me this morning, and yesterday for trav3lbird. I do hope this isn't going to be something I have to do every day.....

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Mar 12, 18 6:25 PM
Lordkalvan - I had to do it again today, log out of Facebook connection and then back in to open the envelope so it must be a new glitch!

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Mar 12, 18 6:42 PM
Sigh yeah until it's fixed we will have to do that daily. Sounds like a bug in the logic that asks Facebook for a fresh token when one expires. It used to work automatically or at least do a silent fail instead of crashing.

missbethann
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by missbethann on Mar 13, 18 7:07 AM
New Everest Challenge today. I've done the first 3 levels with no boosts. Going to wait till someone completes it and lets us all know what the "rewards" are. If there's free time involved I want to hold off on finishing till I have more time to devote to
GD than I have this morning. Good luck to all, seems pretty easy so far.

[Post New]by globetrotter217 on Mar 13, 18 12:42 PM
missbethann wrote:New Everest Challenge today. I've done the first 3 levels with no boosts. Going to wait till someone completes it and lets us all know what the "rewards" are. If there's free time involved I want to hold off on finishing till I have more time to devote to
GD than I have this morning. Good luck to all, seems pretty easy so far.

Rewards are the usual, 100 coins, 2 hours of infinite lives and... (a boost, forgot which one).

Re. infinite lives:
marathon 1 hour
Everest 2 hours
Blizzard Everest 4 hours, all starting immediately after finishing the last level.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Mar 14, 18 4:30 AM
In the past week I have had a Blizzard Everest, marathon, normal Everest, and today another marathon. I'm starting to feel worn out....

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Mar 14, 18 4:52 AM
wow, I have only had the blizzard and the marathon, still waiting on the normal Everest hitting my ipad and the next marathon. hopefully they will turn up tomorrow when I log in again. All the unlimited lives hours are very welcome as I am trying to complete yet another city 100%, this time, Tahiti. Keep them coming GD please. I really enjoy doing them.

Lambina
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Mar 14, 18 9:22 AM
Which one of the event thingys are you calling the marathon? Do you mean the daily thing that can be in any random city for a small reward at the end? And about once a week it is a gold rush instead?

[Post New]by globetrotter217 on Mar 14, 18 10:55 AM
No, the marathon goes over 10 tier 1 levels in your current city with 3 reward levels. Extra time, extra time + 1 lightning and 1 hour of infinite lives + 1 lightning. It comes on mobile devices only, I believe.

keitht53
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
461 Posts

[Post New]by keitht53 on Mar 14, 18 11:28 AM
First time ever I've given up on the Everest Challenge. Too challenging for me this time :-)

Lambina
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Mar 14, 18 11:32 AM
Ok, I don't get the marathon then, just the daily thing that does not have a name and has a cheapy award except on the gold days.

GulfCoastGuppy
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,963 Posts

[Post New]by GulfCoastGuppy on Mar 14, 18 12:32 PM
Lambina, maybe you and I should start a thread for all the exciting updates and events that PC players get. It would be a very short thread but at least we wouldn't miss anything. When we DO get something I'm afraid I'll miss it because I'm not expecting or looking for it LOL.

Lambina
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Mar 14, 18 1:13 PM
LOL, this is a app game and I think the pc version was just a after thought, I've never seen this type of lopsidedness with a BF game before, oh well at least we are on the stable version and don't get all the glitches the mobile players do, especially with the fb connection.

[Post New]by globetrotter217 on Mar 14, 18 1:25 PM
Lambina wrote:LOL, this is a app game and I think the pc version was just a after thought, I've never seen this type of lopsidedness with a BF game before, oh well at least we are on the stable version and don't get all the glitches the mobile players do, especially with the fb connection.

I have been playing for almost 3 years on various android mobile devices connected to fb (not the gameroom) and I have never experienced a glitch of any kind... May be bad karma for some

Lambina
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Mar 14, 18 1:34 PM
I try my best not to put out bad karma so I don't get any in return

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Mar 15, 18 2:09 AM
The 'daily thingy that does not have a name' as stated in a post above, does have a name. Its called the 'daily event'. Its not always a small reward at the end, sometimes its two boosts that can be worth up to 400 coins, sometimes its just 2 shovels (suppose thats the 'cheapy award' mentioned?), but it can also be a reward for just doing 3 levels, sometimes many more and it is ALWAYS two of the same boost you get, but you also always earn either 30 or 60 coins each level you complete as well, so it can be VERY worthwhile doing each day, but it is sometimes just too hard to bother with so I skip it till the next day and have a go at that one. Its not always easy levels but then, there are many that just magically work out after a few goes, as per usual with all levels. The other 'event' is called a 'gold rush' and that is every sunday. You also earn the 30 or 60 coins for each level and then, if you do all of them, you earn 50 coins per level for that days word. Not everyone completes them, some think them a waste of time, some don't, its not compulsory to do them and I always at least have a go at them, more often getting them out than not. I have accumulated a massive amount of coins and boosts from them over time. But if people don't want to do them, its perfectly ok not to. Sometimes they are in a city that is complete 100% and therefore, there is no coin reward for the completion of the level itself, just the boost reward at the end. And also, over a period of time playing them, it also is helping work towards 100% completion in cities, doing it bit by bit, gradually filling in the gaps. But it should always still be fun to at least try.

Go to: