juliesherris
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

Another Impossible Level 53

[Post New]by juliesherris on Aug 12, 12 4:06 AM
The time for Gold on this level is 1:20mins.

Now, we need to produce 40 bags & 30 date-bags.

For 40 bags, we need 40 corn... 7 corn takes 20 seconds to grow, so 40 would take 2 minutes... and the Gold time on this level as I said 1:20mins....

IMPOSSIBLE!!

We seriously need to get BFG on our side with this game guys.
I know it's not been the most popular of games, but for us keen TM-ers, when we do get a new game, it would be nice to know that we can actually PLAY it.

There's far too many anomalies in this particular game for it it to stay in my collection - all in all, a total waste of money.

* You don't get times set out at the beginning of the levels.
* You don't get the chance to change playing modes on a profile
* Upgraded machines cannot be used on future levels unless the game sets that out - there are no options to upgrade the machines on a lot of levels even when you have bought the upgrade from the shop.
* Levels over 30 are proving to be impossible to get Gold - a couple can't even be done within a Bronze time.
* When you complete a level, you have no idea how many points you have achieved until you visit the shop & only then if you're keeping a check yourself.

For a game that has been out since January this year, I would have thought these errors would have been corrected by now - shame.
What a waste of time & money

Edited on 08/12/2012 at 4:07:51 AM PST

Daisy_May
Stingray
Stingray
5,050 Posts

Re:Another Impossible Level 53

[Post New]by Daisy_May on Aug 12, 12 4:23 AM
This is just a couple of wild thoughts (I don't have the game yet - waiting to see what else would fill the pcard with it and I didn't get that far in the demo) and I know it's more likely that you are right about the goal being unattainable (since you've tried the level and I haven't!), but I remember some FFrenzy levels where you had to buy stuff in, that you'd normally produce for yourself, so it seems worth asking just in case............

................has buying corn maybe become an option for that level? As in, grow sugar cane, which sells for more than corn and buy corn instead?

Or could there be some way of upgrading the crop (as in Farm Fables), or the field, to make crops grow faster?

Edited on 08/12/2012 at 4:24:25 AM PST

juliesherris
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by juliesherris on Aug 12, 12 4:36 AM
No Daisy - there are a couple of levels where you can buy in some of the supplies, like sugar & that helps you reach Gold, but not on these levels.

I swopped the Upgrades in the shop so that all my machines were at 3 stars - you have to have them on 3 stars anyway before playing the level so that you can upgrade them once inside the level.

There's no way to upgrade the crops & like I said, it takes 20 seconds to produce 7 corn, so to produce 40 would take 6 crop times, = 2 minutes. The Gold time is set to 1:20 mins, so yeah, it's impossible.

I'm now just playing to make a list of errors rather than to play the game & the error list is growing with each level, I can tell you!!

[Post New]by EPF4CATSBK on Aug 12, 12 6:15 AM
Yes game was enjoyable and doable until level 30 then the developers dropped the ball and either didn't test game beyond that point or figured BFGs would sell it without caring what the players thought after all we don't usually test more than the demo before purchasing it.

I love these types of games but really feeling cheated with this one because it started out like a keeper then suddenly flopped

Daisy_May
Stingray
Stingray
5,050 Posts

[Post New]by Daisy_May on Aug 13, 12 5:23 AM
Oh that's a pity that it's definitely not doable. Daft thing is I still want to buy the game, so I hope it will still be available when I am ready to buy.

If I already had it I'd be reporting these things via CS or asking a mod to pass them on to the person who co-ordinates with developers, so that they could get back to the devs and give them a chance to fix these things.

EPF, I doubt that they would have deliberately put it out that way. It's weird that it's all after a certain point, when fine before that, almost as if maybe one person was responsible for QAing that section and let them down or something(?).

[Post New]by EPF4CATSBK on Aug 13, 12 12:19 PM
Yes I agree that it's a not on all levels as its on a total of 8 levels out of the 53 or so that we've played that are not able to acheive gold and of these 8 (2 or 3 of them you can't even get bronze on)

Thru out the whole game the shop is a bit messed up in that you are not able to use the items you buy until the game allows it so basically the shop is useless.

You should also know what times are required for gold, silver and bronze at beginning of levels so you can adjust your strategy if at all possible

I was and am so starved for these types of games that I too probably would have purchased this one even with the flaws in the hopes that they will update it with the fixes eventurally

If you have connections please copies these posts from myself and Juliesherris (hope I spelled it right) because we truely want this game to be fixed so that its enjoyable to many more players

Daisy_May
Stingray
Stingray
5,050 Posts

[Post New]by Daisy_May on Aug 13, 12 3:18 PM
EPF4CATSBK wrote:If you have connections please copies these posts from myself and Juliesherris (hope I spelled it right) because we truely want this game to be fixed so that its enjoyable to many more players

Sorry EPF, I don't have any connections - that was me saying that if I had already bought the game and played it, so had a list of faults that I had found - I would contact one of the mods and ask if they could pass it onto the person (at BF) who co-ordinates with the devs to ask for a fixed version.

Surely it must have slipped by them through someone's mistake, so (to me) it seems fair to the rest of their team that they get a chance to fix it.

As it is, I still want to buy this but having only bought Jo's Dream (at the start of the month), I want to see where the other 4 punches would come from before I buy this one.

Edited on 08/13/2012 at 3:20:58 PM PST

Go to: