shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

Comments for Start the Rockets

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Aug 14, 12 1:03 AM
This is an interesting looking puzzle game. I may give it a try after I finish my game in progress. Comments anyone??

I do have one observation - actually brought to my attention by a friend - why is there a "One star" review for this game dated June 11, 2012? Very interesting unless it was already released for MAC way back then.

gmac1007
Clownfish
Clownfish
569 Posts

Re:Comments for Start the Rockets

[Post New]by gmac1007 on Aug 14, 12 2:00 AM
Good morning all. Boom Baby ! Light it up ! Well I did the demo and it's actually not all that bad and can be quite challenging early on and each level becomes more challenging as you go. It starts off easy enough but it quickly changes as you have to line things up just right so that everything blows up. Some of the fireworks can be turned and can be slid around so that things hit the target as they are suppose to. The graphics are really cute and it's definitely a bright game and has lots of colors and the little rockets make cute little sounds. It has a three star rating system for each level and there are three stars on each level that the fireworks need to hit so when I say you have to hit everything I mean you have to hit everything including the stars that are on the level along with all the other fireworks and barrels there are to blow up ummm and I didn't hit all the stars on a couple levels either so I didn't get the magnificent goal I only got perfect or level failed. On the first couple of levels I really didn't have a problem hitting everything but that soon changed if I could get all the fireworks to hit then I couldn't clear all the stars and vice versa. I'm not sure if I will purchase the game or not because it does get repetitive but at the same time it's quite enjoyable so I'm not totally writing it off as I'm sure my daughter and my niece's and nephews would probably really enjoy it when they come to visit and I did enjoy it myself so I may purchase it for them okay I know that's a lame excuse to blame it on the kids to buy it when I know I'm probably gonna be the one that ends up playing it the most so I'm a sucker for games like this especially when I first looked at the screenshots I was like oh come on really are you kidding me, but decided to try it so maybe if I tell myself that I'm buying it for the kids and not myself I feel better about it All in all it was really cute and as I said it does change gears rather quick oh and I also liked the big biker dude so that's another reason for me to buy it right. Give it a try it's worth that. Thanks dev's and Big Fish for letting me blow stuff up legally Have fun everybody and don't forget to light it up !

Edited on 08/14/2012 at 2:09:15 AM PST

jinocchio49
Flounder
Flounder
2,255 Posts

[Post New]by jinocchio49 on Aug 14, 12 2:33 AM
I must say I was pleasantly surprised with this game! Thank you GMAC for your very detailed description of it, I wouldn't have been able to do it as good as you did!! I played the entire demo and was so disappointed when it ended, as I will have to wait a while before I can get it, but I will get it. It really makes you think about how to set the rockets in order to get them all to explode and get the stars too! Give this game a chance, fishies, I think you may be surprised like I was

gmac1007
Clownfish
Clownfish
569 Posts

[Post New]by gmac1007 on Aug 14, 12 2:37 AM
jinocchio49 wrote:I must say I was pleasantly surprised with this game! Thank you GMAC for your very detailed description of it, I wouldn't have been able to do it as good as you did!! I played the entire demo and was so disappointed when it ended, as I will have to wait a while before I can get it, but I will get it. It really makes you think about how to set the rockets in order to get them all to explode and get the stars too! Give this game a chance, fishies, I think you may be surprised like I was
Your welcome and thank you for the kind words. It is really cute and challenging it took me by surprise as well.

adnerbfaye
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by adnerbfaye on Aug 25, 12 3:11 PM
I was cruising along really enjoying this game until I got to the second level when, as far as I am concerned, they removed the puzzle aspect and just injected pure frustration. It is so difficult to find games that are just thinking games and to have this one ruined really chapped my ........! I must say though that for 135 levels it was a lot of fun.

Go to: