The Promised land

[Post New]by margreet58 on Aug 14, 12 11:42 AM
I hope sumbudy kan reed my englisch. I am dutch but I will try. I must upgrate to the highest level off the first house. Pease off cace I think, so not, I can only upgrate 3 rooms en I try the game fot the 3 time. When I not finist them, I do them have the same problem please help me Margreet

LoriW
Clownfish
Clownfish
769 Posts

Re:The Promised land

[Post New]by LoriW on Aug 14, 12 3:09 PM
Is this where you need to purchase extra rooms and place them so the doors are in the right place to access all the rooms?

If so and you can't buy all the rooms you need check that you have the right skill requirement (you may either need to upgrade your construction or industry skill).

Or is it the layout you are having a problem with?

[Post New]by FloridaGirl7264 on Aug 14, 12 6:33 PM
The rooms of the house can be moved around. As long as the doorways are connected, the rooms will have things in them like a bed, etc.

To purchase more rooms, you have to make sure you have the right amount of resources to build it (like wood, nails, etc.) If you have enough resources to build it, you click on buy it, and the room will turn brown. You can then pick up the room and put it in the house. Make sure that all of the doorways line up. Sometimes you need to move the rooms around a lot to get it right.

If you do not have the resources to build the room, then you will need to gather the resources. Some of the rooms will require studying in order to build it. It will show you a trowel and brick. If this is light, you will need to study in order to build it. Studying is done by having scientists employed by you. As time goes buy, a certain number of education credits are added up. You can find out how much credits you have in the upper right tab which is blue. Click on the tab and it will open up. Then you can purchase the different areas of education that you need.

I hope this helps you! It's such a fun game!

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Aug 16, 12 3:20 PM
These room arrangements in each house is a puzzle, just working out the doors visually before you try to buy. I spent so much time and frustration that I found a walkthrough on another review site, just google name of game. Not exactly a WT since this game is non-linear but all the tips you need. There are layouts for each house, which rooms can go where and I couldn't have done them without the blueprints there showing each room furnished and doorway passages. So, if you can't figure them out alone, there is help on that site (which I can't name). I did sketches on paper for my repeat games (I'm on 8th replay now) and that's about as good as a skip button.

Each room you want to try will show on left bottom window what resources you need to buy one. I did not even realize I had to buy them first to move them around, then they go from brown to full furnishings if the doors line up right. This game is too much fun to get stuck for hours on just rooms. I'm just not good at puzzles or like sliders, I don't like them to stop the flow of my game. So, I still have to refer to my hand drawn copies of solutions on that site. Only, often when it shows what I need to buy one, I have to back out and get more stones, or tools or whatever needed, and have enough cash or edu point upgrades.

I think somewhere on this forum a fishie gave some tips in text, but I needed a visual.
Can you tell I love this game, played nothing but this one for a month now, am into replay #8. I used to thrive on Virtual Villager games but this one far surpasses any of the genre IMO.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Aug 16, 12 3:30 PM
btw I did a dumb thing in my last game. I thought I was out of room for new workers to come over so worked harder and built the 3rd, Forest Home. I couldn't figure out how the icon at top showed more people than rooms so built it. I had not gone back to click on the first 2 small, med houses to see that I had not bought all the rooms in the med house. Or, somehow if it got rearranged then a room I did buy was removed to blank not showing I did have enough for more people.

If you still need help with a visual how to arrange them I hope you can find the WT I am using. Sometimes these games are too simple for my complicated mind once I see how the puzzle works that baffled me. I just have a hard time remembering so many details even if I already did something before. Wish we had a WT here, maybe in future?

Go to: