bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Snow Globe: Farm World technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 15, 12 12:33 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

MarkAlan
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

Re:Post any Snow Globe: Farm World technical issues here only

[Post New]by MarkAlan on Aug 15, 12 12:39 PM
I have all the latest drivers and yet the game screen constantly flashes.

Edited on 08/15/2012 at 1:07:01 PM PST

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Aug 15, 12 12:45 PM
Hi MarkAlan,

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with the display of this game, even after getting updates for your video card and drivers!

I think it's definitely best for you to get in touch with our Tech Support team so they can take a look at what's going on and work with you directly to get everything resolved.

You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. Or if you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

MarkAlan
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by MarkAlan on Aug 15, 12 1:07 PM
Yes, I already emailed support for help. I also had the same identical problem with their other game "Jo's Dream: Organic Coffee". I've tried everything from downgrading my video drivers to running the game in a Window (instead of Full Screen) and still the problem persists. Melesta's games apparently are not compatible with certain Nvidia cards.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 16, 12 4:33 AM
Hi MarkAlan,

Thank you very much for making those adjustments - we appreciate you taking the time to try out some troubleshooting before contacting us.

Please feel free to add to that email you sent to Tech Support and let them know what you have done to try and remedy this, if that wasn't included in the original message.

Knowing what options have already been explored, will allow them to make some some further suggestions and at the very least, ensure that you are not left with a game that you cannot comfortably enjoy.

I have my fins crossed for you.

bfgBaikal

Edited on 08/16/2012 at 4:33:48 AM PST

[Post New]by nininutter on Aug 16, 12 6:09 AM
I'm getting runtime error on loading the game. the game tries to load and the bar goes half way across trying to load and then says runtime error

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 16, 12 6:53 AM
Hi nininutter,

What a shame you are seeing that message! To help combat that, I would suggest assigning some more permissions to your game; to give it the best chance of running without that error. The following help article will guide you through doing that:

Run Game as Administrator

If the error persists though, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page. One of our reps will be happy to take a closer look at this with you.

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 08/16/2012 at 6:55:08 AM PST

MarkAlan
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by MarkAlan on Aug 16, 12 8:18 AM
bfgBaikal wrote:Hi MarkAlan,

Thank you very much for making those adjustments - we appreciate you taking the time to try out some troubleshooting before contacting us.

Hi bfgBaikal,

I just fixed the problem and wanted to pass it on to anyone else who might be experiencing the same issue with Melesta games.

Nvidia has just released a GeForce Beta driver 304.79 which fixes the constant flickering in their games. Note: This driver is a beta and has not been approved by Microsoft's Windows Hardware Quality Labs just yet.

The only other alternative is to roll back to their 285.58 driver which is a year old.

Edited on 08/17/2012 at 6:39:32 PM PST

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 17, 12 3:25 AM
Hi again MarkAlan,

Thank you so much for posting that advice, I really appreciate it as I am sure you are not the only Fishie who may have come across this, I hope this may be useful for other players.

I am really pleased to see that the game is now running smoothly for you and I hope that you enjoy it! I really enjoyed what I have played of it so far!

Swim strong and happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 08/17/2012 at 1:00:56 PM PST

lizzardst
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by lizzardst on Aug 17, 12 6:19 PM
I am not very farm Having fun But the game is stuck...I need two bank and it won't let me have two banks.
Every time I try to expand it asks if I want to sell I say no, then I'm back to one bank, say yes I have no bank...minimize or expand same exact result.
HELP! I was having fun until this happened....
??????????????
lizzardst

lizzardst
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by lizzardst on Aug 17, 12 6:21 PM
I am not very far. was having fun But the game is stuck...I need two banks and it won't let me have two banks.
Every time I try to expand it asks if I want to sell I say no, then I'm back to one bank, say yes I have no bank...minimize or expand same exact result. It wont expand,
HELP! I was having fun until this happened....
??????????????
lizzardst

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Aug 18, 12 12:05 PM
Hi lizzardst,

I'm sorry to hear that's happening. If you haven't tried already, you can uninstall and reinstall the game to see if that might help. You can find more information on doing that here on our help article:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If that isn't helping, please let our Tech Support team know and they'll be happy to assist you further.

Happy gaming,

bfgSeine

[Post New]by chula310 on Aug 24, 12 6:47 PM
Hi, The game loaded fine but no cursor to play the game with. this is the second game tonight with that problem. the other one was the built a park. I have this problem with several games from different developers.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 25, 12 4:58 AM
Hi chula310,

I would suggest having a look at the following help article which will guide you through updating those elements that run your game, including the cursor:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

This can help the game to run more smoothly and hopefully will make the cursor appear for you!

If those steps don't help or you would like us to assist you with this, please run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and then send that over to our Tech Support Team. One of our Reps will be happy to help!

Best of luck!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 08/26/2012 at 2:09:08 PM PST

[Post New]by apbjab on Aug 27, 12 5:14 PM
I have completed all 100 levels and also got the best times on all but the all gold levels award is still not registering??

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 28, 12 3:57 AM
Hi apbjab,

I am very sorry to hear that - how disappointing!

It sounds to me that your game may not be functioning as it should so I would encourage you uninstalling and reinstalling the game a try to see if that helps.

If the problems persist and you would like some dedicated support on this, please feel free to get in touch with Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page and they will be happy to help!

Best of luck!

bfgBaikal

vlilly
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by vlilly on Sep 9, 12 9:05 AM
First I want to say, I enjoy the game. I like the concept and the general feel.
However, I have noticed that after playing the game a while it starts to slow down. The first indication is generally the song between levels begins to echo. Then the loading bar starts moving more slowly. It seems to be a memory problem. If I restart the game it runs fine for a while. But I would think a slow computer could really have problems running this game.

I am running on a 64-bit Windows 7/service pack 1, with 8 GB ram, AMD II X4 640 processor 3.00 GHz. Not quite the 'bleeding edge' but powerful enough to run several MMORPGs which are major memory hogs without effort.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Sep 9, 12 10:46 AM
Hi vlilly,

If you haven't done so yet, I'd try updating your video card and graphics drivers. This can help with the game running slowly as those aspects get more intense while you're playing. You can read more about doing so in the help article here.

Another thing that could help is to free up some memory on your computer by uninstalling games that you've already completed. You'll always be able to reinstall them from your Purchase History here, and that can really help with sluggish gameplay.

But if you try those ideas are still having trouble, our Tech Support team would be happy to take a look and see if there are any other adjustments that can be made to get things running better for you.

You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by ALhere4 on Sep 25, 12 4:43 AM
This is the second time I am getting a runtime error message....already updated once and had to restart with a brand new game....won't do it again .... disappointing....and frustrating.

[Post New]by nolady on Nov 12, 12 7:18 PM
I am on Level 2-6, which requires production of two carpets. I produced over a dozen and met all the other production requirements, but the total quantity of carpets remained zero. I searched the forum to see if anyone else posted about this problem and could not find a related post. Please advise.

Go to: