pinkmarigolds
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,246 Posts

Comments for Twisted Lands: Origin

[Post New]by pinkmarigolds on Aug 18, 12 12:42 AM
Good morning Fishies! As I wait for my download to complete I thought I would follow the new trend for starting an informal thread for comments on the game. Lets hope its a good one

ETA - loving it! Wierdly wierd, strangely strange - you get my drift!!!

Edited on 08/18/2012 at 1:26:49 AM PST

nelliegemini
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,898 Posts

Re:Comments for Twisted Lands: Origin

[Post New]by nelliegemini on Aug 18, 12 1:06 AM
I just popped in to see what everyone thought before I bought ......

It looks like we've all bought it and are too busy playing to comment

frazerpaul
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by frazerpaul on Aug 18, 12 1:10 AM
Played for 5 mins now just off to buy .
Looks a good one.

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Aug 18, 12 1:27 AM
I did buy the game. I like it and it's spooky. The hintbutton is good. HOS are well done.

Thanks BF and dev's.

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Aug 18, 12 1:31 AM
Just finished playing it... found it a bit boring to be honest! Nothing really creative happening in there and a bit too much random running around for my liking.

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

Comments for Twisted Lands: Origin

[Post New]by sassylassie on Aug 18, 12 1:38 AM
pinkmarigolds wrote:Good morning Fishies! As I wait for my download to complete I thought I would follow the new trend for starting an informal thread for comments on the game. Lets hope its a good one

ETA - loving it! Wierdly wierd, strangely strange - you get my drift!!!

Lol too funny. Yep yep we got it

Izziewizz
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by Izziewizz on Aug 18, 12 1:44 AM
Crumbs, Severine, how fast do you play? Did it really only take you an hour and a half?

(I'm in the UK and the games become available at 8am, it's now 9.45am and you posted 15 minutes ago.)

Izzwizz

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Aug 18, 12 2:03 AM
Izziewizz wrote:Crumbs, Severine, how fast do you play? Did it really only take you an hour and a half?

(I'm in the UK and the games become available at 8am, it's now 9.45am and you posted 15 minutes ago.)

Izzwizz
I think she means the demo.

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Aug 18, 12 2:14 AM
LOL, no I did mean I finished the actual game. I got it early, directly from the developer

Edited on 08/18/2012 at 2:15:13 AM PST

Izziewizz
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by Izziewizz on Aug 18, 12 2:27 AM
Ah, I see. I thought you were some super whizzo game player!

Understood.

Izzwizz

gmac1007
Clownfish
Clownfish
569 Posts

[Post New]by gmac1007 on Aug 18, 12 2:42 AM
Well after defeating the thieving witch that was stealing young girls beauty my feet have blisters but have no fear I think I have a few more miles left on these old dogs to run around town and chase down more wicked and evil things. The graphics are really nicely done a little grainy in some places but overall very good. This seems to be a very interactive game and I like that, so far I've been able to jump a wall, smash down a door, and break a store window and all by the click of my mouse how cool is that. I also like the map that you build as you go I think that is rather cool as well and I like being able to collect coins to buy needful things. I also like the music it's very catchy and very fitting for this type of game. The voice overs are nicely done. The town or village so far has been really gorgeous despite all the bad things that seem to be happening there. This is a very interesting game with some new ways of playing thrown in there so I don't think this one you will get bored with really quick. I love the colors used in the game lots of purple my favorite and blended colors really nice. I've purchased the game and look forward to wearing my poor old feet out one more time to defeat evil. I've only played the demos of the other Twisted Lands so I'm hoping I will do okay with this one since I've not played the complete game of the previous two. I don't know but this one just caught my attention quicker than the other two and I knew early on in the demo it was a buy for me. There's alot of neat and different things going on in this one and interesting game play overall it's a really well put together game that appears to be a good length. Give the demo a try it's worth that and you never know you may end up like me and like the fact that you have super human strength by just clicking your mouse. Great game thank you dev's and Big Fish for letting me feel like Wonder Woman and smash and crash things. Have fun everybody !

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on Aug 18, 12 4:14 AM
Very happy to see this on offer and even happier when I started playing. Very good graphics. Mechanics smooth flowing. Hint very helpful. Not too many HOS, which are interactive. Different twist to the story in this one. Strange, green creatures. Can't wait to see one of those. Definitely has the spooky factor. Coins to collect to buy items. Ability to accomplish tasks without the need of a tool/item - liking that new slant. Good music. Voice overs are not important to me, but these are really good.

This game had the potential to be an excellent CE, but since they didn't see fit, I'm not complaining, unlike Thursdays glitchy little pain in the rear, which has no merit as a CE and should never have been one, glitches aside. It's been a good while since the last Twisted Lands and I'm really pleased with this one. Nothing negative about it at all and I'm very happy to spend the next few hours with it.

Thanks BF.

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on Aug 18, 12 4:27 AM
Just bought it and went back to continue and it's making me start from the beginning again. Everything I did in the demo is gone. Is this a tech issue or is it set up this way and is everybody experiencing it? Never happened before.

NiceZombie
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

CE?

[Post New]by NiceZombie on Aug 18, 12 4:32 AM
The previous two games in the series were CE's. Will there be a CE for this one, or is this the final version?

I just wouldn't want to miss out on anything from the game.. if there is some extras...

Edited on 08/18/2012 at 4:36:31 AM PST

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on Aug 18, 12 4:58 AM
CEs are always released first and then later, the SE. So no, there won't be a CE.

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Aug 18, 12 4:59 AM
Sheerija wrote:Just bought it and went back to continue and it's making me start from the beginning again. Everything I did in the demo is gone. Is this a tech issue or is it set up this way and is everybody experiencing it? Never happened before.

I had stopped the demo to come to the forums and read comments and reviews. After seeing your post, I went back and started the game again (still in demo). It took me back to where I left off and items are still in inventory.

I had the same problem as you experienced in another recent game though.

Edit: I haven't purchased the game yet so it may start me back at the beginning when I do!

Edited on 08/18/2012 at 5:00:17 AM PST

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on Aug 18, 12 5:34 AM
tj1147 wrote:
Sheerija wrote:Just bought it and went back to continue and it's making me start from the beginning again. Everything I did in the demo is gone. Is this a tech issue or is it set up this way and is everybody experiencing it? Never happened before.

I had stopped the demo to come to the forums and read comments and reviews. After seeing your post, I went back and started the game again (still in demo). It took me back to where I left off and items are still in inventory.

I had the same problem as you experienced in another recent game though.

Edit: I haven't purchased the game yet so it may start me back at the beginning when I do!

Thank you and please come back and tell me what happened after you buy it. BTW, if you Alt+Tab, the game will not close but move down to the task bar so that you can access your desktop. Then you just click on it's icon down there and your're back in where you left off.

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Aug 18, 12 6:54 AM
I just finished the demo and I think it's worth buying. I don't believe it's one of the best games I've played recently but all in all it's better than some of the crappy games BF put out in a row last week.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 18, 12 7:08 AM

After playing the demo, I bought the game. Went back in and I am at the exact place with all my inventory items intact, where I left the demo.

cathyok
Minnow
Minnow
208 Posts

[Post New]by cathyok on Aug 18, 12 7:35 AM
Morning All! Afer finishing the last one in this series I thought the series was over since I did see how the story could go any further. I was so pleased when this one popped up! Thanks Devs and BF for this wonderful end to a fantastic series!!! Happy Gaming Everyone!!!

Go to: