bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Tales of Sorrow: Strawsbrough Town

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Aug 19, 12 12:29 AM
On a cold rainy night in Strawsbrough town, Melissa and Alfred are celebrating their first wedding anniversary. An old woman tricks Melissa into wearing a cursed ring that makes her go into an everlasting sleep. You play the role of Alfred in this magical adventure, meeting many of the residents of Strawsbrough town in an effort to undo the curse. Find the fortune teller Zulaikha, the town’s mayor, a sad clown, a blacksmith, a miller, and many more as you use magical potions and cast spells in Tales of Sorrow: Strawsbrough Town!

Re:Tales of Sorrow: Strawsbrough Town

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Aug 19, 12 12:55 AM
A hour to DL. Now I can play.

jtrigg
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by jtrigg on Aug 19, 12 1:04 AM
I have noticed the same issue over the last 2-3 weeks, Server load issues?

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 19, 12 1:19 AM
Good morning, you two...

Only took me a couple of minutes to download the game.

Have a lovely Sunday.

boohbah
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by boohbah on Aug 19, 12 1:22 AM
Hello

You are lucky dobbiemijnboekje it took you one hour for me this week end to download a game it was 5 or 6 hours tonight it is gone the same way.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Aug 19, 12 1:37 AM
dobbiemijnboekje wrote:A hour to DL. Now I can play.

Was that an hour just for the demo or the full game? I've just downloaded the demo; it took 5 minutes. I have to use mobile broadband but it's pretty quick! Hope you like the game after waiting so long

jtrigg
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by jtrigg on Aug 19, 12 1:59 AM
2 hours to down load at DSL , 20 attempts to open the sack with the scissors - this is BS .

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Aug 19, 12 2:10 AM
I unticked 'widescreen' and it now fills my entire wide screen. Didn't play long before I stopped to buy, but just had to stop in while the full game is downloading. I don't know why this option seldom works for some, but the yesterday's game opened up in widescreen letter box, and again, I unticked and got full screen.

This one looks interesting to me, graphics good, music good so far. Off to play some more.

happyasaclam
Minnow
Minnow
292 Posts

[Post New]by happyasaclam on Aug 19, 12 2:10 AM
hi fishes just did demo. enjoyed it so came out to buy it to me it looks like a longggg have not had to use hint yetfor those who like me have a cat just waite he / she may want to find the cat inyour house or swat the screen lol. smooth play . nice to knnow that some devls can do agame like this ¬use devil/demon in it for a new nice job well done this just filled my punch card super thank you bf &devls please keep the games comeing. also thanks valdyfor your posts. i always look for it.we seam to like the same games most of the time.have fun fishes i am off for a snack while i waite for the d/l to get done then back to the fun more later

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 19, 12 3:29 AM
WolfenRaindancer wrote:I unticked 'widescreen' and it now fills my entire wide screen. Didn't play long before I stopped to buy, but just had to stop in while the full game is downloading. I don't know why this option seldom works for some, but the yesterday's game opened up in widescreen letter box, and again, I unticked and got full screen.

This one looks interesting to me, graphics good, music good so far. Off to play some more.

With today's game, widescreen option didn't work for my laptop - neither ticked or unticked. With games from other developers, widescreen option works, either ticked or unticked. Go figure...

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Aug 19, 12 4:02 AM
I'm having horribly slow D/Ls with BFGs. I've superfast 61 Mbps broadband, and it's taking hours to D/L what should take minutes.
I can no longer D/L a trial and play the game before I need to leavre for work.
Have tried D/L other files and they whizz in. In the UK I think our server is in Luxembourg?
Whatever, it's painfully slow

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Aug 19, 12 4:42 AM
belamba wrote:I'm having horribly slow D/Ls with BFGs. I've superfast 61 Mbps broadband, and it's taking hours to D/L what should take minutes.
Have tried D/L other files and they whizz in. In the UK I think our server is in Luxembourg?

I'm in the UK too but I have to use mobile broadband as there's no other option where I live! I downloaded the whole game in 10 minutes, which isn't bad for a 617mb file. Since mobile broadband is usually slower, it's really strange that it seems to be much quicker than the fixed line bb in some areas

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 19, 12 5:39 AM
belamba wrote:I'm having horribly slow D/Ls with BFGs. I've superfast 61 Mbps broadband, and it's taking hours to D/L what should take minutes.

I have found that BigFish is not one of the fastest sites when it comes to downloads. There is another site I used to download games from and download times were very fast, compared to BigFish.
But I have also downloaded from sites where the download times were even slower than that of BigFish, and I usually get a game downloaded within a few minutes, so I am not complaining.

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Aug 19, 12 5:46 AM
WolfenRaindancer wrote:I unticked 'widescreen' and it now fills my entire wide screen. Didn't play long before I stopped to buy, but just had to stop in while the full game is downloading. I don't know why this option seldom works for some, but the yesterday's game opened up in widescreen letter box, and again, I unticked and got full screen.

Good morning Wolf. Thank you thank you thank you! Unticking wide screen worked wonders! Just made it more of a joy to play! O.k. happy camper back to playing

Nana6177
Minnow
Minnow
231 Posts

[Post New]by Nana6177 on Aug 19, 12 12:12 PM
Download took just minutes, have highspeed internet (concast)...not the superduper, but not the slow either...middle of the road.

Liking game, does bug me that I can't speed up or click through a sentence, I don't want to miss the whole conversation.

Love it has VO, and hinit is more of strategy guide...great deal for SE!

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Aug 19, 12 2:52 PM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to swim in with some added help. If you're ever experiencing slow download times, one option that is available is to adjust your Game Manager settings so it connects to our server alternatively. For steps on how to do this, just click this help article link here:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

Then scroll down to "Adjust your Game Manager settings". I hope this helps!

bfgCimarron

Go to: