bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Post any Tales of Sorrow: Strawsbrough Town technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Aug 19, 12 12:34 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Oldgamer99
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

Re:Post any Tales of Sorrow: Strawsbrough Town technical issues here only

[Post New]by Oldgamer99 on Aug 19, 12 12:01 PM
Can't finish the game. Went to the graveyard and then back to the fortune teller's. Now when I leave the wagon, the screen turns black and I can't go anywhere. I tried rebooting but that didn't help. Very disappointing.

[Post New]by txgardengal on Aug 19, 12 12:08 PM
I played the demo with no problems but after I bought it the screen is very small when you push play. Time to write BFG again to get my credit back

Puzzler924
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by Puzzler924 on Aug 19, 12 12:24 PM
I just bought the Tales of Sorrow: Strawsbrough Town game, after playing the demo. I was enjoying it, until I got into a problem.
When I got to the part where I had to speak to the farmer about his wife, the screen went black and would not continue. I tried uninstalling it, and reinstalling it, to no avail. I don't know how to fix this problem. I had no trouble with it otherwise.

nicklin60
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by nicklin60 on Aug 19, 12 12:37 PM
to make the screen bigger un click the wide screen option. This should make the screen bigger

[Post New]by PegasusD on Aug 19, 12 5:49 PM
Got approximately half way through before screen went black. Unable to move any further and reinstalling has not helped. I used a punch code credit and brought this game. Any tips on how to resolve this problem?

[Post New]by Pusca62 on Aug 19, 12 6:44 PM
I purchased the game, going good but alot of stuff is upside down. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game, but still doing the same thing. Can probably play the game but abit confusing as things being upside down.

eg. beginning of the game, wife and cake, mayor and his bird in cage . and all other ones that have stuff to be done with them.. lol.

Be nice when a update comes through..

sandell14
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by sandell14 on Aug 19, 12 10:52 PM
I can get as far as the bridge blocked by the carriage. When I try to do the puzzle on the box held by the dead monk, the bottom half of the screen goes black and I can't do anything. I have all four gems but am unable to do anything with them. I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Aug 20, 12 9:56 AM
Hi Fishies,

It sounds like many of you are having issues with the display in this game.

First, please try updating your video card and graphics drivers, which we go over in the help article here.

If that doesn't help, please get in touch with our Tech Support so they can see how the game is running with your particular computer and suggest more specific troubleshooting steps for you.

You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

Godsinger
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Godsinger on Aug 20, 12 11:21 AM
Same issue as the others.
Part way through, screen turns black and no way to fix it. bummer. I hope they get a fix for this soon

sct1968
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by sct1968 on Aug 20, 12 12:26 PM
This game changed many settings on my computer when i selected the fit to screen size or whatever the option is in settings that sounds like that. it not only affected the graphics but also the sound card. be careful. oh yeah and when i quit the game i found the task bar (windows 7)on the left of my screen and not the bottom where i like it.
ADDED LATER....
I would have bought this game too.i really like it.however i am not reinstalling this game only to have to deal with the issues this game created. i would say that the issues with my video card and sound card were so frustraiting that i felt like i was dealing with malware. i'll pass on the trouble.

Edited on 08/21/2012 at 9:36:17 AM PST

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Aug 20, 12 4:33 PM
Hi Godsinger and sct1968,

I'm sorry this game is giving you trouble. If uninstalling and reinstalling the game doesn't help it at all, then I would definitely get in contact with our Customer Support team. We definitely want you to have a game that is working so one of our reps will be happy to help in anyway they can. In addition to that this will help us track any issues.

How to get in contact with Customer Support

Thank you!

bfgCimarron

[Post New]by Ninnasmommy on Aug 20, 12 6:30 PM
IF I am able to play over 1/2 the game with NO problem then why all of a sudden to I need to up date my video card to play the other 1/2
My video card should either work for the WHOLE game or not at all!

Sounds like Tech support is passing the buck once again!

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 21, 12 2:29 AM
Hi Ninnasmommy,

I know this can be confusing, having had this has happen to me before I know how counter intuative the request for updates can seem, all I can tell you is that it can help.

My understanding is that as you progress in some games, the demand that is placed on the computer can increase, if say there is a particularily graphically intensive sections.

It's like reading a simple book with one particualrily difficult chapter that crops up.

The following help article will guide you through checking if there are any updates available and at the very least, eliminate that as a possible cause of the issues.

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you would like some dedicated support, please run a Dr. Felix report and then send that over to our Tech Support team. They will be glad to make some suggestions for you.

I hope this helps.

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by pintohorse on Aug 22, 12 8:38 AM
same problem went to black.reinstalled did not help. third game ihave had problems with.

[Post New]by doughnuts49er on Aug 22, 12 9:11 AM
Is the holy water NOT going into inventory a glitch?? Any one else having this problem?? I hope there is a fix for this soon.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Aug 22, 12 9:43 AM
Hi Fishies,

Just swimming in with some more help for you ~

pintohorse ~ since your screen is going black while you're trying to play this game, it's also a good idea to check for updates to your video card and graphics drivers. If you haven't already tried that, you can read more about the process in the help article we have here.

doughnuts49er ~ If the holy water was in your Inventory, or should have been added automatically, then there may be a technical issue going on. First, I'd try uninstalling and reinstalling the game, as that can often sort out these sort of issues. You can read more about how to do that in the help article here.

If those suggestions don't help, the best next step in both cases is for you to get in touch with our Tech Support team so they can start working on the issue with you directly. They have the tools to really delve into the issue and suggest more specific troubleshooting steps. And if there is a bigger issue with the game itself, the info they can collect from you will really help us pinpoint the issue and get it addressed as soon as possible.

You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

Puzzler924
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by Puzzler924 on Aug 24, 12 9:17 AM
I wrote about the screen going black after talking to the miller, butI solved my problem, I think. I came into the game under a different name, to start all over again.

I skipped the last conversation with him & therefore skipped the letter, after which the screen turns black. I found myself with instructions to try to enter the windmill, which I am now inside of.
If it messes up again, I will post it again. I really did not want to start over, but I figured it might work, which it did.
Good luck to all.

maabea9116
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by maabea9116 on Aug 25, 12 10:36 AM
Oldgamer99 wrote:Can't finish the game. Went to the graveyard and then back to the fortune teller's. Now when I leave the wagon, the screen turns black and I can't go anywhere. I tried rebooting but that didn't help. Very disappointing.

EXACT Same problem. But I was mixing the potion in the statues hand and when went backwards the screen went black and crashed. Every time I open it I am now back in the fortune teller's and when trying to back out it go black and refuses to work.

I have made sure every driver possible is up to date, video card everything. It is the game, not my computer I think.

I REALLY do not want to have to replay this game all the way til close to the end again just to see how it ends...........

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Aug 25, 12 1:11 PM
Hi Fishies,

If you're seeing a black screen issue even after updating drivers and software programs, please let our Tech Support team know so they can look into why that's happening. Using a Dr. Felix Report, they'll be able to determine what's causing the problem and hopefully find a solution quickly.

Happy gaming,

bfgSeine

Go to: