muonquark
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

Couple of Questions (Level 7-1 and Grey Blockers)

[Post New]by muonquark on Aug 19, 12 5:47 AM
Is there any way to get the grey blockers at the top when the color blocks are flowing down?

Also, does anyone have any tips for level 7-1? I can finish it just fine but I can't get enough points for an expert score.

festclick
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

Re:Couple of Questions (Level 7-1 and Grey Blockers)

[Post New]by festclick on Jan 18, 13 11:08 AM
In case someone else is wondering about the greys in the outer ring when the colours enter from outside, if you can get a column burst that can be rotated that will take out the whole column including the grey outside. But obviously, you tend to get column bursts only rarely. Any other bursts you make will always be too far down (in) to affect the grey blocker and you can't move them out so that's the only way, I think. I'm still trying to get Expert score on 7-1, it's a toughie.

festclick
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

[Post New]by festclick on Jan 26, 13 7:46 AM
Finally got Expert score on level 7-1 and put annotated video walkthrough on you-tube. Search for Zenerchi level 7-1 Expert walkthrough. I still just failed to clear all the blockers, I'm just not fast enough to get the last column burst. But at 5000 score with 15 bursts left, was able to finish and make Expert score over 6500. Actually had 14 bursts and made the last one filling red. The method is to get simultaneous 5 matches of blue and yellow blockers at the start and use the small bursts where they're made, and then green 4 match blocker and cyan 4 match blocker for those outer coloured blockers. Then yellow 5 match blocker gets a ring burst which removes the whole inner ring 3 of coloured blockers. That also makes 5 adjacent free rings for 5 matches. Try to make 5 matches under the greys to create gaps and destroy with small bursts one grey over each centre colour so all can be filled with 5 matches. I tried and failed to get all the blockers but it may be possible to just hold onto all the bursts and finish quicker. Just remember to count that 100 points per burst onto your score so you know when you have enough score to finish.

Edited on 01/26/2013 at 7:48:50 AM PST

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Jan 19, 14 8:40 PM
I *just* finally managed to clear all the blockers on 7-1 for the first time tonight. Have been able to get expert using festclick's strategy for quite some time, but never could figure out how to get that last column burst either. From what I can tell, the trick is to use that same strategy to clear all the colored blockers quickly, but you have to get M5s like crazy the rest of the time (use some of the bursts as they start to pile up so you'll have more room to work). It's not too hard to get the first 3 column bursts, but the very last one you have to really work for. I got rid of all the color bursts to reshuffle the tiles every so often. Also I think the column bursts were only showing up in the spots where there was not a gray blocker up at the top...seemed like the first two showed up on top of the gray blockers in ring 1 and were trapped by the grays in ring 2 so early on in particular you have to be careful to not explode them accidentally with other bursts while trying to clear the grays in ring 2. And this may just be me, but you may be more likely to get that last column burst if you place your M5s on the right side of the tube (I got the fourth one at the 3 o'clock position).

festclick
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

[Post New]by festclick on Jan 20, 14 11:27 AM
Congrats. I wish I could play the game more but it's too dangerous for my RSI. I'm currently locking horns with Pixeljunk Monsters on the PC.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Jan 20, 14 6:22 PM
Thanks, festclick. So many games, so little time sorry to hear about your RSI interfering with your gaming but enjoy Pixeljunk Monsters. I'm still trying to figure out the secret to 10-1...scored 7815 once but can't get more than 7000 now!

Go to: