Help! Level 5-5

[Post New]by deb5538 on Aug 19, 12 6:06 AM
Has anyone conquered this level yet? 6:03 is the best I can get after hours of play... :o(

Re:Help! Level 5-5

[Post New]by EPF4CATSBK on Aug 19, 12 12:52 PM
Not yet but broke my heart missed it by 2 seconds once and o clue how i managed it

[Post New]by ryoryo72 on Aug 19, 12 6:53 PM
I got within 5 seconds of gold once. The trick to getting more cream seems to be to plant the grass close to the trough and to keep the cows happy. But I'm still not getting enough cream in time for gold. Let me know if you figure anything out.

ryo

[Post New]by wahwomana on Aug 20, 12 12:14 AM
sounds like this level is alot like 5-2 and you are all right, plant close to the trough and keep cow happy. i did it in 4.13.

badgerfann
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by badgerfann on Aug 20, 12 7:12 AM
I got it right at 4:30 after about 3 tries. Only had 4 cows, 1 sheep. Here's my strategy (I think, can't remember all details). Started off planting water & upgrading storage, truck, water (wait til done planting and then you don't need to refill) and cow trough....filling both cow & sheep trough. Waited until goose upgraded then sold along with any eggs & wool. Waited until I had a couple pizzas and then sold them plus and wool & horns I had. With the money I upgraded storage again, bought 2 more cows and upgraded cow trough. It seems like the better the cow trough is the more they will eat from it. Also made sure to never run out of grass or feed in the trough. Hope this helps a little.

[Post New]by deb5538 on Aug 20, 12 3:03 PM
Thanks Badger, I'm going to try this! Actually thought of strategy all day @ work today, lol!! Level 5 is kicking my mouse on three separate levels now!!!

[Post New]by Dragonclaws0554 on Aug 20, 12 4:12 PM
I just got it with 4:22 my method was almost the same as Badger's except I used the first 2 cream I got to make cheese and then made a pizza with one and a cheesecake with the other. I sold everything I had at that point, including the goose and then bought 3 more cows. I continued doing this, making the cakes first then making pizzas with leftover cheese so I could get the 5th cow. When I completed I actually had an extra cheesecake and 2 more ready to be made.

[Post New]by EPF4CATSBK on Aug 21, 12 3:15 AM
I would love a better timeline or even a you tube visual on this level as I'm having difficulty:

Knowing how your getting the Cows to eat in order to produce the cream (I can't even get 12 creams before gold time runs out much less cheesecakes

With all 5 cows on the screen they seem to produce Less Cream then 1 Single Cow

Exactly what time is your cow producing it's first Cream as mine will sometimes not produce the first one before 1:37 has lapst.

If I upgrade the rough completely then as soon as the cows eat the 2nd time they appear to think its' empty and refuse to eat anymore

Are you upgrading any of the Factories?

delisa31
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by delisa31 on Aug 22, 12 11:41 AM
I posted a tip on the forum that i think may help on this level. The key is actually to have less cows (I only used 2) and pet them to give an extra cream every time they give cream. See my post. I also used another tip from here: keeping the grass close to the trough.

[Post New]by Dragonclaws0554 on Aug 22, 12 3:04 PM
I would have to do the level again to make a walkthough, as soon as I can I will give it a shot.

[Post New]by Dragonclaws0554 on Aug 22, 12 3:45 PM
Oops, posted this on the wrong level

Edited on 08/22/2012 at 4:53:43 PM PST

[Post New]by jocasta_wiggs on Aug 22, 12 10:08 PM
badgerfann wrote:I got it right at 4:30 after about 3 tries. Only had 4 cows, 1 sheep. Here's my strategy (I think, can't remember all details). Started off planting water & upgrading storage, truck, water (wait til done planting and then you don't need to refill) and cow trough....filling both cow & sheep trough. Waited until goose upgraded then sold along with any eggs & wool. Waited until I had a couple pizzas and then sold them plus and wool & horns I had. With the money I upgraded storage again, bought 2 more cows and upgraded cow trough. It seems like the better the cow trough is the more they will eat from it. Also made sure to never run out of grass or feed in the trough. Hope this helps a little.

Well thanks to badger and dragon- I did badger's idea w/ only 2 cows heavily petted like dragon- I went from 5.38 to 4.15 and I won't even tell you how many times I had to replay the level until I saw your suggestions.

[Post New]by miss_xy on Aug 29, 12 6:55 AM
I did it in 3:58! Thanks to the advices mentioned here.
Don´t upgrade the through, pet the cow after they give one cream so they give a 2nd, plant the water in piles right from the through and the next time left from the through.
It seems that when the grass runs out the cows go towards the through so wait for watering as long as you can but not to long!!
Don´t buy more than 3 cows, or else it is to crowdy in front of the through.

[Post New]by miss_xy on Aug 29, 12 6:56 AM
through means trough, or in Dutch trog

Lisrose
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by Lisrose on Dec 1, 12 9:14 PM
I am close to gold - my best time came when I sold the two higher level buildings right away to get a second cow immediately. I have been getting 5 cows, will try it with fewer and petting per the advice.

Go to: