annmba
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

bonus game

[Post New]by annmba on Aug 19, 12 12:51 PM
i finished the game but don't have access to the bonus game?

Re:bonus game

[Post New]by charliehenry on Aug 19, 12 1:00 PM
Bonus game access is in strategy guide for some odd reason

[Post New]by Underthebridge on Aug 20, 12 3:40 PM
lame bonus game..took me 1/2 hour..not worth the CE price

secondroe
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by secondroe on Aug 21, 12 9:37 AM
When I found out where the bonus game was, I reopened the game to get to it and it started over. so now I have to redo the whole game to get to the bonus game. May not be worth it this time.

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Aug 21, 12 4:39 PM
secondroe wrote:When I found out where the bonus game was, I reopened the game to get to it and it started over. so now I have to redo the whole game to get to the bonus game. May not be worth it this time.

You don't need to start over. Just go back to the main menu, click on the SG to get to the bonus game, and play it.

Poof11
Clownfish
Clownfish
503 Posts

[Post New]by Poof11 on Aug 22, 12 9:58 AM
I had the same problem finding the bonus game. I had finally just hit play (since some games automatically go to bonus once main game is completed) and the game had restarted. Once it had completed the beginning scene, I was able to get to the strategy guide and hit bonus game. When I began, it stated by starting the bonus game, you will loose all progress in the main game. That made no sense to me at all, since most games force you to complete the main game prior to accessing any of bonus content. The developers should have made easier to find the bonus content by adding a seperate tab on the main menu just like every other game does.

[Post New]by Dawonder on Aug 22, 12 10:06 AM
I still can't find it. I click on Bonus Game and it brings up the hints but I don't see a link to the game.

chiari_survivor
Catfish
Catfish
1,506 Posts

[Post New]by chiari_survivor on Aug 22, 12 6:19 PM
On the opening screen on the right hand side, just under change players is a scroll that will unroll if you have not already been there and in that case it is already opened to see a sketched scene. It should now look like an opened book. The left side has the walk through levels. The right side is empty but if you look at the bottom of the page it says something like play bonus. Click there. You should now be able to play. The other bonus content is available by clicking the tabs along the top of the pages.

Be prepared to use the walk through to help you through this bonus content. The whole game I did not need the walk through just the hint button to direct me until the bonus round and then I needed it many times and again the running back and forth. I am curious on how long the game would have taken if the developers had put in a map that transported the players as the game seemed to be mostly running back and forth and at one point I almost quit the bonus as most of the time was spent running.
Hope you are enjoying the game.
a chiari_survivor

jumisa
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by jumisa on Aug 23, 12 2:55 AM
I found it finally. It's not marked well at all.

1misssam
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by 1misssam on Aug 23, 12 5:33 AM
I'm in bonus game but everytime I "reveal" at the lake my game freezes. Is there anyway I can finish nthis game??

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Aug 23, 12 12:29 PM
same thing hapened to me 1mission..I asked the chat help folks, I was told to completely erase the entire game, with all its folders....crimeny on that

Scottsteaux63
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

[Post New]by Scottsteaux63 on Aug 23, 12 3:29 PM
I had the same problem. The developers really dropped the ball on this one. I have NEVER seen a Bonus Chapter so well hidden before. What on EARTH could they have been thinking??

[Post New]by jimbanbo on Aug 23, 12 7:50 PM
I have the same issue,in the bonus game. I make it to the lake, use the reveal and the game freezes up. I uninstalled and re-installed the game ,but same thing....geesh.

SquirrelGirrrl
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by SquirrelGirrrl on Aug 25, 12 4:43 AM
No bonus game for me. I tried looking in the strategy guide, but it only had the walkthru. I was not able to play the bonus game.

jjj13
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by jjj13 on Aug 25, 12 11:41 AM
I too cannot find the bonus game but to be honest am so fed up with the wandering around in this game am not bothered. Waste of money.

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Aug 29, 12 11:48 AM
put in the patch ..still the freeze on the bonus game access violation, I'm really tired of this stuff.
kris

02bkiwi
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by 02bkiwi on Aug 29, 12 10:43 PM
Well I made it to the Bonus game, found it without any problems but then hit the problem of the vanishing boards (must have used one of those invisibility potions by mistake). I was already bored with the game itself. I always play on hardest mode, seldom ever need the SG and found the whole thing really easy. But I was determined to get my extra $6.99 worth of bonus game but once again, the developers have tacked a really second rate half hours worth of glitch as an 'extra'. Not even worth 50c. This has been the final straw with CE games. I am fed up with paying for a CE and not being able to finish the bonus. The suggestion of replaying the whole game over just to be able to finish the Bonus is not an option.There is no way I am going through all that walking again! The other 'extras' are not worth anything so I have decided that will be the last CE I will purchase.

chiari_survivor
Catfish
Catfish
1,506 Posts

[Post New]by chiari_survivor on Aug 31, 12 8:11 AM
02bkiwi wrote:Well I made it to the Bonus game, found it without any problems but then hit the problem of the vanishing boards (must have used one of those invisibility potions by mistake). I was already bored with the game itself. I always play on hardest mode, seldom ever need the SG and found the whole thing really easy. But I was determined to get my extra $6.99 worth of bonus game but once again, the developers have tacked a really second rate half hours worth of glitch as an 'extra'. Not even worth 50c. This has been the final straw with CE games. I am fed up with paying for a CE and not being able to finish the bonus. The suggestion of replaying the whole game over just to be able to finish the Bonus is not an option.There is no way I am going through all that walking again! The other 'extras' are not worth anything so I have decided that will be the last CE I will purchase.

Their wording was poor. You can play the bonus after finishing the main game. You do not have to replay the main part a second time. They did post memo's that once you are playing the bonus your progress on the main game will be lost and the same post about once playing the main game again you will loose your place in the bonus...All that meant was you will need to start over anytime you switch between the main game and bonus game when using the same sign in name. I just used 2 different sign in names so have one for the main game and one for the bonus but the amount of running is over the top and all edges in this game. As you said the bonus material did not live up to it's $6.99 value.
Hope you have found a better game to play.
a chiari_survivor

Go to: