forest problems

[Post New]by simsistic on Aug 20, 12 6:24 AM
i finaly reached "level 2 " the forest.. but im stuck on 6 hearts,and i cant research the zoo zone,and i dont get new harts.. any sugestions?

nicrox
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

Re:forest problems

[Post New]by nicrox on Aug 20, 12 2:06 PM
In order to get new hearts you have to make the rides, concessions etc attractive so their appeal has to be good. At the end of the week you should start to notice the visitors giving out hearts but it can take a while for you to get enough. It's a patience thing.

SilverBranch
Minnow
Minnow
232 Posts

[Post New]by SilverBranch on Aug 21, 12 3:51 PM
It's odd - I'm having the same problem. At 0 hearts. All my rides (which I only have 3 different varieties) are at "amazing" level. I've tried building more, tried rearranging. No luck - no hearts coming.

I may have to restart since I'm not far into it and try a different layout?

SolarEclipse
Minnow
Minnow
230 Posts

[Post New]by SolarEclipse on Aug 21, 12 3:59 PM
Same here. I'm stuck at 13 hearts!!! All of my buildings have the highest appeal except for one.

I didn't see an option to restart this section. Is there one?

SilverBranch
Minnow
Minnow
232 Posts

[Post New]by SilverBranch on Aug 21, 12 4:05 PM
Nope! No restart. As soon as I posted above, I went to restart the level. Now we're really stuck.

SolarEclipse
Minnow
Minnow
230 Posts

[Post New]by SolarEclipse on Aug 21, 12 5:49 PM
Well, I went and hibernated in the bathroom for 2 hours and let the game run and I had 22 hearts when I came out. So I was able to buy the Giraffe Statue, but I still can't complete anymore challenges because now I only have 7 hearts. I can't do any marketing.

There has to be a better way than this.

UPDATE: I found a quick "cheat," but I'm tired of having to do this. ......Anyways!!!

For Windows 7 64-bit:

1. On the C drive go to the file Program Data

2. Open the Fugazo folder.

3. Open the folder Dream Builder - Amusement Park.

4. Copy the file called profiles and paste to My Documents (as a backup).

5. Once you're in My Documents, copy the file that you just pasted so that you have another file called profiles - copy.

6. Right click on the file profiles - copy and open it with Notepad.

7. Scroll down to the section that says <level name="forest"
(it's after the section with long straight lines)

8. Look for hearts="number" and change the number of hearts. I changed mine to 100. (it's right in that very top section)

9. Go to File and then Save As.

10. Then Copy and Paste it back into the Dream Builder - Amusement Park folder.

11. Rename the profiles - copy file back to profiles and then restart the game.

****(This worked for me. But I'm hoping that there's a better way next time.)****

Edited on 08/21/2012 at 6:38:02 PM PST

sfcali
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by sfcali on Aug 21, 12 11:05 PM
Only thing I can think is you need to plan wisely which buildings you build... and make sure there are plenty of walkways so people can get around to all your buildings...and be choosy about how you market to...pick a group that will love the items you have in your park.

Those hearts should pour in... I'm playing again on a new profile, now that I've figured out the game and, by employing strategy, I have money and hearts beyond anything I could ever need.

So...keep trying! You'll get there.

SilverBranch
Minnow
Minnow
232 Posts

[Post New]by SilverBranch on Aug 22, 12 3:11 PM
It took me an hour and a half to get to 10 hearts - all rides and concessions are at "amazing" level and my park looked well connected with pathways and what not.

Thanks for the cheat, Solar. I don't know that I can bring myself to do it though. Seems like... cheating. lol I got a lot of housework done in the time it took me to "play" this game.

sfcali
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by sfcali on Aug 22, 12 6:58 PM
I'm on my second play-through and now I'm noticing the same problem with slow heart accumulation in the forest. Not sure what is up with that, but I've tried marketing to every group, building more things, etc.

Hopefully the game can get an update on this, too.

[Post New]by cocojambo13 on Aug 23, 12 6:53 AM
i have another problem....I can`t reach any goals....I Stuck on 26%, and for all goals I need things, they are not listed....I can`t develope them...I tried and I tried, but there is no possibility

this game is cute, but too much problems....

michelha75
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by michelha75 on Aug 23, 12 7:27 AM
check your build list and see if there is anything you can build that you haven't yet. if there is build it it should unlock further stuff for you.

[Post New]by cocojambo13 on Aug 23, 12 3:31 PM
but there is nothing...I build all things, that I can do...I have an empty list....

sfcali
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by sfcali on Aug 23, 12 3:43 PM
cocojambo13 wrote:but there is nothing...I build all things, that I can do...I have an empty list....

There may be a zone you could create or a group you should change to in your marketing. Yes, it is an impediment that these things don't open up more easily, but I guess there has to be challenge somewhere.

That said, you have to be really into the idea of building and designing free form to get the most enjoyment from this game... enough so that you'd be willing to start over with a new strategy and still have just as much fun because you enjoy creating something new. It's not like Build-a-Lot type games... it's more open than that and can get demanding timewise as you toy with different formulas and try to discover the best zoning and marketing to do first.

I'd say that the game's biggest flaw isn't in that it's possible to back yourself into this kind of corner. It's more that there isn't a way to close a park and restart it from the beginning without going back to an entirely different profile. Personally, I now have four different profiles but it is a bummer to have to start at Sunvale each and every time. It'd be better if the different areas opened with "keys" the way Sim Theme Park's worlds do.

barbiecats2000
Catfish
Catfish
1,668 Posts

[Post New]by barbiecats2000 on Aug 27, 12 9:00 AM
I did Not have a problem with this level because I learned my lesson on the 1st level. I was very stingy with my hears and used them wisely. I saved hearts by building a few zones like the bright zone and the quiet zone right away. The game will then give you the zone without spending hearts to research. I upgraded them to the max with violets and I made sure my marketing attracted people who like those areas. I also spent hearts early on to attract more people by selecting another group to market to. I had the money and the hearts rolling in very quickly by following this strategy.

Off to start the 3rd level - we'll see how that goes. LOL

Love Love Love this terrific game!

[Post New]by Dragonclaws0554 on Sep 13, 12 12:42 AM
I think I know what coco means, there is a bug in this level. The goal list is just empty. If I reload I can see the goals for a few minutes, then it goes blank again. I also can't get hearts.

DGA1961
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by DGA1961 on Oct 1, 12 12:34 PM
HOLY CRAP~ I was stuck for an hour, with only nine hearts. I finally shut down and restarted and had over 450!!

Go to: