badgerfann
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

Level 5-18

[Post New]by badgerfann on Aug 20, 12 4:48 PM
I have to say, I'm stumped on this one. Was breezing right along (with a few minor bumps) until this level. Anyone else have any tips?

darkhalf01
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

Re:Level 5-18

[Post New]by darkhalf01 on Aug 20, 12 11:02 PM
There's no way anyone could do that in under 4 min. It took me nearly 16 min, coz those damn cows just wouldn't grow up!

aredelk
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by aredelk on Aug 22, 12 5:01 AM
I've tried several different ways myself and 5:35 is the best I have done by growing all my cows first then buying the sheep and geese. I don't see anyway this level can be done in 4 minutes and it's the only one I can't get gold on.

[Post New]by Dragonclaws0554 on Aug 22, 12 3:02 PM
Well this is not encouraging, the best I can do is about 5 and a half minutes

[Post New]by Dragonclaws0554 on Aug 22, 12 4:55 PM
Well the good news is that I think its possible...the bad news is that my game crashed a split second before my last sheep grep up. I screamed "You have GOT to be kidding me!" so loud all the kids came running, they were positive there was something major like a dead pet, caved in roof, or something else horrible going on. One of them laughed at me, the gamer child sympathizer.
Arg. I would have completed it with a few seconds to spare.

Added: I did it a few more times and the best I can do is 4:01...seriously 1 second! I should take a break before I have an aneurysm.

[Post New]by Dragonclaws0554 on Aug 22, 12 9:15 PM
I got it! My final time was 3:51

What I did, as best as I can remember.

I bought 5 sheep, 5 geese, and 1 cow and upgraded the storehouse, truck, water, and collecting guy. Do not upgrade the troughs until they have been eaten from because the animals seem to prefer a full trough and this is the only way to fill it before it is totally empty. Also don't upgrade the water fully because you need to control where the grass grows.

Fill troughs and plant grass in a row across the bottom near the troughs but not too close or they animals will bunch around them.
Destroy all buildings except the milk to cheese building, buy your second cow.

Buy 2 extra geese and 1 extra sheep early on to account for bear loss.

When the bears come drop everything to control them as fast as you can. If they get your animals (more than your extra) you might as well start over.

Have luck and patience as the goats and geese grow up, as SOON as you hit the goal sell off all the animals of that type to free up space.
Buy your third cow around 1:30 give or take or sooner if your other cows have grown. As soon as a teen cow starts eating at the trough buy your new cow. Stick to one new cow at a time.

Sell things as often as you can.

By 2 minutes in your geese should be nearly done and the goats too. As soon as you sell the geese/goats get another cow. You need all your cows by about 3:00 (3:09 in my case) to make it in time. Towards the end up you may end up with a teen cow and a baby cow at the same time.

Finally, once you are down to only cows you have to babysit them. Try to keep them from bunching up as this makes the cows go nuts and bump into each other. Click the adults to anger them and keep herding them away from the trough and at the same time gently pet the young cows to try and steer them towards the trough. The most important thing is to keep cows from crossing in the path of other cows heading to the food because if they do it will "reset" your cows and make them go in other directions again. This last part seems the most important.

I'm not sure if this is all clear, sorry. I'm no good at writing walk-throughs. I hope it helps!

Edited on 08/22/2012 at 9:17:44 PM PST

mariekje71
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by mariekje71 on Aug 23, 12 9:31 AM
Woohooo I did it too!

I bought the full water upgrade, 8 geese, 1 sheep and 1 cow, upgraded the guy with the gun and the collector, the warehouse and the truck and I fully upgraded all the throughs. I destroyed every building except for the cheesemaker. Very soon the geese started to mature, I bought 1 more sheep and 1 more cow. Selling cheeses. Before 2 minutes my geese were mature and I sold all of them, immediately I bought 7 or 8 sheep. When they matured I sold them and bought the last 3 cows. This was at 3 min. Helped the young cows with chasing away the mature cows and at 3.52 I was done!

[Post New]by Dragonclaws0554 on Aug 23, 12 3:27 PM
I'm glad you got it too mariekje71! I was starting to think it was glitched, turns out it is just quite difficult.

mariekje71
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by mariekje71 on Aug 25, 12 3:40 AM
me too, i played that level for days. A bit of luck is also handy in this level.

mdmartin25
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by mdmartin25 on Aug 29, 12 7:26 AM
This level (and most all other levels where you have to "grow" your animals) is ridiculous!!!!

GRRRR

deblj
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by deblj on Aug 30, 12 3:08 PM
I really dislike those cows.... try and try they won't go to the trough... Anyone have anymore advice. Have gold on all leaves except this one and 5-5.

[Post New]by miss_xy on Sep 3, 12 8:40 AM
I managed at 3:57. I found that the best order was: first 7 geese and 1 cow. When 4 geese have grown up buy 2nd cow. Sell geese as soon as 5 are grown up. Buy 3rd to 5th cow. Plant grass near the trough, left and then right. Wait till grass almost runs out before planting new. There is always one animal that runs towards the trough at that time, the others lay down. When cows are grown up buy 6 sheep. They seem to need the most space. Plant grass as mentioned before. About upgrading troughs: don't upgrade them fully at once. Upgrade them 1 star by 1 star as soon as there is only 1 "feed" left. For the rest: use the advices mentioned in other replies, such as upgrading hunter at once!!! Upgrade collector, do not collect yourself, this seems to distract the animals, which is no good when they run towards the trough. Pet the grown animals when they are in front of the troughs so they run away. Do not pet the young animals, cause you don't always see which way they are running, and you might stop them from running to the trough.
Good luck!!

[Post New]by Tinkerbell538 on Sep 20, 12 3:53 AM
3.09 whoooo.....all with the help of Dragonclaw0554 - thank you

[Post New]by Bindi_Belle on Dec 20, 12 9:41 AM
I got the gold in 3.33 minutes by upgrading to max just about everything as I could afford them. I recorded my game and put it up on you tube if you would like to see just search on you tube for ...
Snow Globe Farm World 5-18 in 3.33

Aiwevanya
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

[Post New]by Aiwevanya on Dec 27, 12 1:28 PM
That tip about letting the grass run out seemed to help a lot, most of the time at least one animal made for each trough and sometimes two.

Go to: