bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Lost Inca Prophecy 2: The Hollow Island technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 22, 12 12:34 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Feckles
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

Re:Post any Lost Inca Prophecy 2: The Hollow Island technical issues here only

[Post New]by Feckles on Aug 26, 12 1:46 PM
The game sometimes (more often than not) displays a blank screen on the levels with the light up finger. I have to go completely out of the game, and come back in for it to work. There is some issue with those levels.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Aug 26, 12 3:29 PM
Hi Feckles,

I'm sorry to hear you're having some trouble with the display in this game.

First, please try updating your video card and graphics drivers, as this will often get everything straightened out when a game shows that black screen. You can read more about how to do that in the help article here.

If that doesn't help, it's definitely best to get in touch with our Tech Support team so they can take a look at what's going on and work with you directly to get everything resolved.

You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by BirdyB on Sep 7, 12 10:28 PM
I installed the trial version of the game, and as has happened during the installation of a couple of other games, I got a dialogue box that told me "BigFishDRMActivator has stopped working...". I clicked on 'close program', closed the games manager, then reopened it.

As before with DRMActivator problems, the game's entry in the manager said "trial expired!". So I went to uninstall it, because in the past, a simple reinstall fixes the issue. ...And that's where things get weird.

When I click on the trash-can icon, I get the usual "Do you really wanna uninstall this game?" box, click "yes", and then instead of getting my firewall's "Um, something wants to modify your computer. Is this okay?" dialogue, I get what looks like a command-line box. It's up long enough to write one sentence ("Program too large to fit in memory."), then disappears... Meanwhile, the 'Uninstalling...' box runs. And runs. And runs.

The game never uninstalls from the manager; if I try to uninstall it with the unintsall control panel, it runs and runs and runs and finally I get a dialogue box telling me something went wrong with the process.

I've tried searching for other people with this issue, but nothing turns up on Google. Tonight, I thought I'd try just running the installer again to see what happened -- maybe it would get the activator to work and everything would work the way it's supposed to. No good -- when I ran the installer, it said "Something is wrong! Try uninstalling the game and reinstalling. If you still have problems, contact support and mention Error 814."

My computer is an older HP Pavilion dv6000, running Windows Vista -- and I've played probably close to 100 games from BigFish without experiencing installation problems like this before.

Thanks for your time and attention!

Edited on 09/07/2012 at 10:29:39 PM PST

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Sep 11, 12 12:03 PM
Hi BirdyB,

I'm so sorry to hear you're having trouble getting this game installed!

I did some investigating into the DRM Activator error and found another thing that can help get this resolved is adjusting your DEP settings. The info about how to do so is in our help article here.

If you try that and are still having trouble - or if you'd like some help going through the process - it's definitely best to get in touch with our Tech Support Team so they can work with you on this directly.

You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. Or if you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

I hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

Go to: