bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Reviews for Lost Inca Prophecy 2: The Hollow Island

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 22, 12 12:35 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Lost Inca Prophecy 2: The Hollow Island ? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Lost Inca Prophecy 2: The Hollow Island page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Reviews for Lost Inca Prophecy 2: The Hollow Island

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 22, 12 12:35 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

Lilabelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
516 Posts

[Post New]by Lilabelle on Aug 22, 12 1:33 AM
Dislike being first but need some sleep. Graphics are dull and seem to blend together making the M3 boxes difficult to differentiate from each other. The comic strip story does not add much to the game just interferes with getting on with the M3. I did like the intro with the great color and the plane flying into the mountains, but of course it crashed and after some game play just got bored, you could not get any rhythm going because the board just kept moving where it wanted to go and not where you wanted to go. Good night or morning wherever you are.

equusjoy
Minnow
Minnow
243 Posts

[Post New]by equusjoy on Aug 22, 12 1:46 AM
Ugh, the moving board was making me queasy. I had to stop and won't be able to buy this one.

Happy gaming,
Joy

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Aug 22, 12 1:48 AM
I love M3 games, but on the fence with this one. Started with a puzzle, then never ending M3 boards that were dull. Have to free a key and a lock, and fill so much of the progress bar to move on. Also a magnifying glass that once freed up panned out so you could see the whole board for a few seconds.
Very dreary colours, and it appeared to be timed although I didn't run out of time during the trial hour.
The music was horrendous. Supposed to give a 'need to hurry up' feel, but just gave me a headache.
The moving board made me feel sea sick. There are some M3 games with moving boards that are fab, but this wasn't one of them.
I have lots of really good M3, and this one won't be joining my collection.
With some tweaks it could be a much better game than it is. Not the worst ever, but nowhere near the best either!

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on Aug 22, 12 1:54 AM
I was really happy when I saw this, but then got very disappointed. I played the demo, but that is where this episode will end for me. The graphics are lovely, the music is happily melodic and the storyline continues the theme nicely from the first Lost Inca Prophecy. I was all set to be off on another adventure steeped in ancient lore. This installment has one major difference from the first. The board floats. As you make matches it constantly moves; and only a portion is visible at any given time. I began to feel rather motion sick. There are cute puzzles for mini-games and handy power-ups in each level. You can choose to replay a level or move on to the next. You receive up to three gold stars for each level, depending upon how well you did in completing it. For those who do not mind chasing the game board as you play, this will be a lot of fun.

Edited on 08/22/2012 at 2:07:18 AM PST

slimjims36
Clownfish
Clownfish
526 Posts

[Post New]by slimjims36 on Aug 22, 12 2:14 AM
Five easy lessons in how to destroy a sequel:

1. Make the player as seasick as possible
xxxxxx(move the board all over the place)
2. Assume the player is an absolute moron
xxxxxxx(show an available match in less than 2.5 seconds)
3. Remove any satisfaction from player clearing all the tiles
xxxxxto win level
xxxxxxx(pop up a key to open lock to end level after
xxxxxxx random number of tiles are cleared rather than all)
4. Frustrate player as much as possible
xxxxxxx(move the board away from areas where points can be
xxxxxxxxmade because player doesn't match in immediate
xxxxxxx area or move away from lock to end level)
5: Hope the player didn't play the first Inca game so they won't
xxxxx know just how bad this one is.

It's a real shame. The graphics and music and everything else could be the best and it wouldn't matter. I'm too nauseous for it to matter. Excuse me, I have to go find a barf bag.

Silbee
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Silbee on Aug 22, 12 2:40 AM
It's a great game but the moving board is playing havoc with this vertigo I have.

Sometimes less is more, the movement of the board is a distraction to say the least.

equusjoy
Minnow
Minnow
243 Posts

[Post New]by equusjoy on Aug 22, 12 3:58 AM
slimjims36 wrote:Five easy lessons in how to destroy a sequel:

1. Make the player as seasick as possible
xxxxxx(move the board all over the place)
2. Assume the player is an absolute moron
xxxxxxx(show an available match in less than 2.5 seconds)
3. Remove any satisfaction from player clearing all the tiles
xxxxxto win level
xxxxxxx(pop up a key to open lock to end level after
xxxxxxx random number of tiles are cleared rather than all)
4. Frustrate player as much as possible
xxxxxxx(move the board away from areas where points can be
xxxxxxxxmade because player doesn't match in immediate
xxxxxxx area or move away from lock to end level)
5: Hope the player didn't play the first Inca game so they won't
xxxxx know just how bad this one is.

It's a real shame. The graphics and music and everything else could be the best and it wouldn't matter. I'm too nauseous for it to matter. Excuse me, I have to go find a barf bag.

LOL.........exactly right!! Love your post!

Nagster
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by Nagster on Aug 22, 12 5:21 AM
Play only after taking some Dramamine. My head is still spinning. Ugh! No buy for me.

SierraNV
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
15,208 Posts

[Post New]by SierraNV on Aug 22, 12 7:50 AM
Slimjims36, too true! LOL

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Aug 22, 12 9:58 AM
Slimjims, gets my nomination for one of the best "negative"
reviews of the year.

Now off to lie down and try to lose this dizzy feeling.

mtvoyager
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mtvoyager on Aug 22, 12 10:32 AM
There were things I like about this game, but the moving board gave me a headache. I didn't like the dull colors either. I really like to see the whole board. Really I'm just saying the same thing the other reviewers were saying. But I did like some aspects of it. I liked how it told you what percent you accomplished. I do think you should have to complete the whole screen before you get the key though.

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Aug 22, 12 11:21 AM
Don't like the image's that they have for this M3 game. They are too dull and boring. Should have something bright and cheerful. It just don't have a great appeal for me so it won't be a buy.

lsteiner
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by lsteiner on Aug 22, 12 12:25 PM
I am so glad the free trial is over....I am so dizzy I have to go lay down....

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

[Post New]by kdubs on Aug 22, 12 12:35 PM
Disappointing sequel. Although the moving boards did not bother me, the game just felt blah, with the dismal brown tones. With the music and the moving board, it reminded me of Vesuvia except it did not feature all the beautiful colored tiles that Vesuvia featured.

If you get the key...and promptly apply it to the lock...it finishes the board but you get zapped on the % that you've completed. The only way to get 100% completion is to clear all the tiles and then use the key on the lock....but then I got no time bonus. Was there a timer? If so, I could not see it.

The opening scenes were nice and there is a box near top of each board to switch between "swap" and "chain". Unfortunately, those are the only two nice things I can really point out after completing about 30 minutes of the trial.

Not a total loss for me though since It did put me in the mood to revisit Vesuvia again.

ecblisa
Stingray
Stingray
5,078 Posts

[Post New]by ecblisa on Aug 22, 12 1:56 PM
I happen to like moving board games, and still like this one after about 50 levels.

Yes, the tokens are not very colorful, and the background can be confusing. Also, the "map" is so tiny I have great difficulty seeing uncleared tiles.

But here are some non-spoiler hints for enjoying the game:

The timer is on the left (thermometer type). You get one star for finishing the level, one star for finishing the level before the timer runs out, and one star for clearing 100% of tiles. In higher levels, getting all three is difficult. If you've already timed out by the time you get the key, you might as well go for 100% of tiles.

Because the game offers no fast way of getting back to an old place on the map, it is very helpful to clear each area completely before moving on, especially if you're aiming for the 100% star. Uncleared squares are hard to see on the tiny map, and it takes a lot of effort (and time) to get back.

In higher levels, you will get pickaxes and boats that are necessary for getting to some parts of the level. Note they can be used even if you can see only a sliver of the rock wall or water. Sometimes you can't get closer than that.

A match five and match 6 completion is valuable. Don't play so fast that you miss them. The regular powerups do not survive the level, so don't forget to use them.

O.K., this is not Vesuvia or 4 Elements, but with so few Match-3 games coming along, I'm enjoying it.

MagicMark
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by MagicMark on Aug 22, 12 2:05 PM
I enjoyed the first game which had four different ways of matching, unlike this economy sized version which has been cut back to only two mechanics: swap and chain. I also was getting frustrated with the game board constantly sliding away from where the matches were located. There was a time where the board needed to regenerate new tiles because no match existed in the magnified close-up I was forced to stare at. The game would not even allow me to discover matches on my own, but kept showing matches after a few seconds. And there was no option that I could find to switch off the constant hand-holding. I liked the music better in their first game. Didn't like that game opened with a mini-puzzle. Guess I will have to pass on this one, and hope the bonus punch for tomorrow will have a decent game to go with it.

Edited on 08/22/2012 at 2:12:16 PM PST

MKD7777
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by MKD7777 on Aug 22, 12 2:16 PM
I wish this game had more colorful tiles. I found they kind of make me sleepy after a while. As far as the moving boards go, I prefer still boards, but after a while I got use to the movement. It is the same with Paradise quest and Vesuvia. I bought this game even though I had some reservations about the tile colors and the movement because there are soooo few new match 3 games to be had and buy almost every one that comes along.

Bilyeu5
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by Bilyeu5 on Aug 22, 12 4:05 PM
I almost bought this game without trying it just because I liked the earlier version so much. Glad I decided to preview it instead. Like others, the moving screen with no means of control drives me crazy! Who could possibly think this was a good idea???
No sale here.

Go to: