bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

The Spirit of Wandering: The Legend - Released on February 08, 2009

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Feb 7, 09 11:00 PM
Join an adventurous captain`s search for her lost love in this romantic Hidden Object challenge featuring tropical locations, cursed sailors and the power of true love. Sail the seas with the captain of the Spirit of Wandering to a variety of locations and search for hidden items that will free her cursed crew and point the way to her missing love. Decipher brain-bending riddles and use magical tools to discover precious items drifting between this world and the next. Can true love really conquer all? Find out in this romantic quest today!

Re:The Spirit of Wandering: The Legend - Released on February 08, 2009

[Post New]by Script4Tears on Feb 8, 09 1:20 AM
Well my hour seemed to vanish quite quickly, therefore I think it is an interesting game, if slightly on the easy side, again I am afraid it will probably be over too quickly, when I had a problem finding something it gave me the answer ... grrrrrr I would rather it did more like the second dream chronicles and have more things 'catching your eye' ... I thought they did well doing it that way.

We (I) have been soooo spoilt by RTR that nothing else seems to come close, lots of games recently I would normally buy but now I keep thinking ... 'it isn't as good, it wont last as long'

This one might come close if not for the glaring HINT when you take a while to find something, it is slightly different in it's game play and I like the artwork.

lentenrose
Minnow
Minnow
286 Posts

[Post New]by lentenrose on Feb 8, 09 3:03 AM
I'll agree with "on the easy side". It also is repetitive. Good for beginners but I won't buy it.

katy12250
Minnow
Minnow
227 Posts

[Post New]by katy12250 on Feb 8, 09 6:58 AM
I freed two of the crew during the demo, which probably does say it's pretty easy since I'm not all that good at HO games. I think there may be 4 or 5 people left to save, so I don't see the game lasting a very long time.

HOWEVER, this is one of the few HO games that I've played that actually had the hidden items in context with the story line. Usually, the items listed don't even belong in the period or the scene, i.e. rubber ducky, toy jeep, something completely out of context with the scene and story. The hidden items in this one actually beonged in the scene which makes it rate very high in my book.

But them I got completely frustrated playing RTR and deleted it. I did like the original and finished it, but got stuck on RTR too many times and had to come here for a complete walk through. For me that destroyed the fun of the game.

So I am seriously considering getting this game just to support the programmers that took the time to make the hidden objects fit in the scene.

Marle1959
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by Marle1959 on Feb 8, 09 8:13 AM
I did it in three hours...

kellyfl
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by kellyfl on Feb 8, 09 4:12 PM
I kept looking at this game and it seemed soooo familiar to me . I watched the video and I kept saying to myself that I have already played this??? I checked my account with , nothing there. I kept racking my brain, I knew this wasn't a new game. then it hit me , I have this game on another gaming site, (that I will not mention here), and have had it for quite awhile! I remember this game well, it is quite fun, a bit on the easy side, but I considered it to be a "coffee break" from some of the harder games. Enjoy this one, take a "cofee break".

xarah78
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by xarah78 on Feb 8, 09 4:36 PM
It's very pretty but dang...I'm 30 years old with 20/20 vision and I had a hard time seeing most of the things.

hrslvr_paints
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,224 Posts

[Post New]by hrslvr_paints on Feb 8, 09 4:38 PM
I lasted five minutes on this demo. I don't know if it's the game or just my computer but I thought the interface was choppy. It wouldn't let me go full screen which resulted in me hunching over, squinting at the screen trying to find items. I have nothing more to say than that as I quit after five minutes and uninstalled the game. Sometimes I'll deal with a choppy interface if I am intrigued by the game so I don't really care to get this fixed for myself, but I thought I'd point it out in case others read this before downloading it.

CYNTHIA
Stingray
Stingray
5,782 Posts

[Post New]by CYNTHIA on Feb 9, 09 10:53 AM
Tried this for 30 min. and had to stop. Game would freeze close and re-open; which is pretty frustrating. Had another game do this too and can't be bothered to fix this one; not interested enough. One item in first scene completely hidden by a hanging rope; had to use hint. May be good but not for me. Good luck to all who buy it; enjoy!!

Graphics good and items are in context to story and timeline; interesting search for special items!!

Edited on 02/09/2009 at 10:55:55 AM PST

[Post New]by GreyWolf_2323 on Feb 10, 09 5:02 PM
Ok everyone here is my problem. Downloaded the demo, played just fine seemed like fun and herein lies the sticky part. Now I decide to but it, so used a coupon I had so now own it ok. I try to download it and the download keeps getting interrupted. That is not all for now I can not download any demo because it does the same as this did, starts and then says download interrupted. Does anyone know what gives here. Grey Wolf

Jewels69988
Herring
Herring
364 Posts

[Post New]by Jewels69988 on Feb 13, 09 5:35 PM
greywolf if u are using vista you have to give the game permission to run, then once it gets to 100% it also asks to install. If you go away and miss the message it will say install interrupted.

[Post New]by hooked1208 on Feb 18, 09 10:05 PM
For thoss if you who finished it:

What on earth is an "Oval red home for a lion"?

Edited on 02/19/2009 at 6:39:13 PM PST

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Jun 7, 10 11:31 AM
hooked1208 wrote:For thoss if you who finished it:

What on earth is an "Oval red home for a lion"?

Hi

Haven't come close to finishing this game so maybe there's a similar description in a later scene because I saw that description in one of the early scenes; anyway, it's a shield that an ancient Roman(?) soldier used.

Hope this helped

MEnr56

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Jun 8, 10 3:46 AM
Well, just call me Ms Retro. I'm starting to get hooked on these older or simpler games for freebies or DDs. This is the first COWeek I don't already have in HOGs.

Played 8 min short of the hour on laptop Win7. loaded quick and no tech problems. But items were a bit hard to see so going to give it another go on my pc, bigger screen. My 4 yr old XP should love it, just needs 128 RAM LOL. What I like about older less stuff, they run like the good old days. Note lack of tech posts on this forum.

The 3 pix on game page looked like massive junkpiles so wasn't that interested. But so far the first 2 locations were quite clean orderly rooms unlike the promo. It looks quite interesting, different gameplay and wasn't bored but did use up a lot of hints to move it along on timed demo. Then after finishing first character I didn't get any mini to get gold for more hints. Also, I never saw any blue flashes for nudges others even complained about. I was playing on easy or whatever the untimed or leisure is called.Music relaxing but didn't nod off yet, hate it when I do that on a demo.

I liked the word descriptions, in keeping with the era I expect. When I went back to first location after getting stumped on the second some items had changed, or disappeared as I had remembered them, a pipe was gone for one.

Going to see how it looks/plays on old XP, 15" flat screen, usually more colorful and brighter. Well, after overbuying last 2 months it's fun going out "slumming" LOL looking for sleepers. Hey, not all pirate stories can be Robinson Crusoe, and didn't we get way over our money's worth on that? I thought it a steal, think this is just a bargain.

norry02
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by norry02 on Jun 11, 10 12:11 AM
Hi All,

I just finished the game and I really liked it. The story line was good. I kind of liked that it was her looking to free him vs. the macho man (no insult intended) out to save the damsel in distress. The music was good and didn't give me a headache so that's a plus.

I really liked that the clues made you think rather than telling you exactly what it was. Some of them were easier than others but most of them made sense. Someone mentioned blue sparkles over objects if you took to long to find an item but I never noticed any and it took me quite a while to find some of the items. I ended up with 1280 coins and only used 2 hints during the game.

I also like the fact that when you finish it opens up a harder version of the game. I haven't started it yet but we'll see another day how it goes. IMO for $2.99 it's a great buy. A change of pace from regular ****'s. The one thing I did miss was having puzzles between levels. I'm a puzzle junkie...LOL

donandal
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by donandal on Jun 15, 10 7:59 PM
I cannot figure out how to find the special items, had no problem with the regular ones, could you tell me how to find the special ones, please
Thanks
donandal

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Jun 18, 10 4:58 PM
Yes, you guys are all right. Its's a shield. Some of the clue discriptions are a bit murky.

[Post New]by wolffiveclaw on Jul 18, 10 5:18 AM
Some of the clue descriptions are downright WRONG!!! I think they were written by a 5 year old... 'Spotted beast of prey' a leopard.. it's not prey its a predator for crying out loud... some of them look like they were written twice and they mixed them up.

This was a huge waste of money, it lasted about an hour or 2 and the only thing going for it is the graphics which weren't bad.

If you do play it remeber... 'big' things can be small and vice versa... if the clue says it's big take no notice... forget everything you learnt in school and read the clues as though you were totally dumb!

Go to: