bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Awakening: The Skyward Castle Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 23, 12 12:33 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

Re:Post any Awakening: The Skyward Castle Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by belamba on Aug 23, 12 12:38 AM
I can't get this game to work on my mac! I've Mountain Lion. It opens as a big box in the left side of the screen. You can't get a profile in, and to click on any buttons you have to move the cursor around the entire screen to light up an option. Took 3 mins of my trial just to find a way to close the game down.
Any ideas please?
Don't find many games do run on my Mac properly, which is disappointing as i prefer to to my W7 machine.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Re:Post any Awakening: The Skyward Castle Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Aug 23, 12 12:47 AM
Hi there Belambra,
I am sorry that you are experiencing technical difficulties with this game, but thought I would take this opportunity to recognise your inclusion of the OS you are using in light of the fact that this has been a dual release for PC and MACs.
It will enable the techs etc to identify the problems more easily.
Cheers

annetterider
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by annetterider on Aug 23, 12 12:56 AM
Who else is having trouble downloading this game and a few games before. Lately it seems to be taking a very very long time to download a game from here.
At first I thought it might be my laptop, then I thought maybe I am back to dial up, but noooo it is just here. Can anyne tell me why.
And before you tell me to uninstall and reinstall, I am fed up with doing that and nothing changes. Help or fix please.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 23, 12 1:17 AM
All I can tell you, Annette, is that it only took a couple of minutes for me to download the demo, and just now it only took a couple of minutes for me to download the full game.

It might just be the region you are living in. If lots of people download at the same time in the same region, that may slow down the download time?

annetterider
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by annetterider on Aug 23, 12 1:31 AM
Valdy wrote:All I can tell you, Annette, is that it only took a couple of minutes for me to download the demo, and just now it only took a couple of minutes for me to download the full game.

It might just be the region you are living in. If lots of people download at the same time in the same region, that may slow down the download time?

Thank you for getting back to me Valdy, but I have been on the forums of the other games that have taken forever to download and they are having the same problem.

I started to download this game just before I posted and now it is at 95%. I know some will say dont do anything else while downloading but it has never affected the download before, it has only been this past week. I thought I was back to dial up, as there are 3 of us in the 1 house who use the net and I thought we had used up our quoter for the month but everything else loads fast so I know it isnt that, and even on the BF site load fast. I would have thought it would be the whole site not just the games, I maybe wrong, I am old and not sure how all this works lol. But I will just put up with it as I love the games, and as I am not well at the moment all I can do is sit here on the net and chat and play games.

So thanks again, it is just a bit frustrating thats all.
Happy gaming

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Aug 23, 12 2:26 AM
DragonLadyOz wrote:Hi there Belambra,
I am sorry that you are experiencing technical difficulties with this game, but thought I would take this opportunity to recognise your inclusion of the OS you are using in light of the fact that this has been a dual release for PC and MACs.
It will enable the techs etc to identify the problems more easily.
Cheers

Hi there,
Thank you. The OS is OS X 10.8 running Mountain Lion. I tried changing screen res, but still no improvement.
Oh well, back to W7 booey hooey

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 23, 12 2:38 AM
Hi Fishies,

belamba - I would recommend checking our Mac Game Errors help article.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Tech Support team for dedicated Mac Support. There is a link to contact our Support team on the front page of the Help pages.

annetterider - slow downloads can be caused if you are among the first in your region to install the game. The first time a game is installed using a specific server, that server needs to 'setup' the download if you will, which can add time to your download. Once a game have passed through a server, it will be quicker to download thereafter.

That is one reason but I would also suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the Game Manager to ensure it is working correctly, as you mention this has occurred with a number of games recently.

Of course, if you like, we would be happy to have a look at this with you and provide more specific support. When submitting a support ticket, please run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and then send that over to our Tech Support Team so they can get to helping you right away.

Thanks!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 08/23/2012 at 2:39:41 AM PST

saphhire
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by saphhire on Aug 23, 12 2:56 AM
I have windows 7 and I get the same thing. My game is on the right hand of the screen my left is blank. I've uninstalled this game 4 times now, and I still get the same.
I can see others are having the same problem. There has to be a problem with the game itself, if mac users and windows users are having this problem.

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Aug 23, 12 3:26 AM
I have a xP pc and no problems downloading,,,but the first scene is stuck...no place to go, no hints,I'm supposed to help the unicorn but the game seems stuck or something. I ask the owl and he says " nothing to do here m'lady" even though the unicorn needs heat and first aid...how do you get this game started?
kris

reesy37
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by reesy37 on Aug 23, 12 3:57 AM
I can find the buttons on the title page to even download the game

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Aug 23, 12 3:58 AM
Kris, did you clicked on the unicorn to get the HOS?

[Post New]by FishForever on Aug 23, 12 4:01 AM
kris_cross48 wrote:I have a xP pc and no problems downloading,,,but the first scene is stuck...no place to go, no hints,I'm supposed to help the unicorn but the game seems stuck or something. I ask the owl and he says " nothing to do here m'lady" even though the unicorn needs heat and first aid...how do you get this game started?
kris

You have to collect the pocket dragon near the unicorn, use it to fire up the logs near the unicorn. Then you collect bandage, play HOG scenes around the unicorn.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 23, 12 4:18 AM
Hi Fishies,

I remember the previous games in this series to be quite graphically intensive due to the quality of the artwork and so for those having display or performance issues, the best thing to do would be to ensure everything is up to date, as this will give your computer the best chance of running the game smoothly.

The help article here will guide you through how to do that!

reesy37 - Are you a Game Club member? This game will go on general release tomorrow, for today though, it is exclusively available to Game Club members. If you are a Game Club member though, I would suggest signing in and out of the site and clearing your cache.

Of course, if anyone would like some more specific advice, our Tech Support would be glad to provide some if you get in touch with them.

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 08/23/2012 at 4:19:16 AM PST

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Aug 23, 12 4:53 AM
bfgBaikal wrote:Hi Fishies,

Hi,
I tried your Mac help, but nothing I haven't tried there. Will contact CS. Am just about to try on W7...hope that goes ok

tophen
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by tophen on Aug 23, 12 7:35 AM
no cursor.

chiari_survivor
Catfish
Catfish
1,506 Posts

[Post New]by chiari_survivor on Aug 23, 12 9:35 AM
I have a lap top PC with windows 7 and the opening where I was to give first aid would not let me click on the wood, pocket dragon, or even the unicorn so I could bring up the first HOG but it would allow me to click the owl for a hint or pull up the journal. The hint did not help the game advance.

I restarted the game not the whole computer and opened under a new name then the game ran as smooth as butter with no issues. I'm looking forward to playing this game as I have enjoyed the others in the series and expect this one is awesome also. BFG usually has a sale at the begining of Sept so I may wait for that sale since we missed having this one available during our BOGO CE sale last weekend. With my new CE purchases from the sale I should be able to be patient for 2 weeks, hopefully. Wouldn't it be awesome if they had another game credit sale for labor day??? I dream big huh! Happy gaming!
a chiari_survivor

bsbagwell
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by bsbagwell on Aug 23, 12 10:49 AM
I am having the same problem with downloading games. Taking forever and this game kept working but it was taking forever to do things. Like clicking on something with the magnifying glass would go black sometimes and sometimes would just freeze. But the issue with all the games I've been downloading to try are taking forever and I'm using a Dell with Windows Vista. I'm tired of the same old thing of uninstalling and reinstalling game manager, games ect. Something has changed if that many people are complaining of the same thing. It seems the Collector Editions are running slow on the demo's and taking forever to get anywhere while playing the game so you are not getting the full hour of trying the game for the slowing down. I've run the Felix Dr. Diagnosis and sent it, got no reply, all I get is the same thing, uninstall Game Manager and re-install. Not fixing the problem. I have used BF for years and have asked too many times to get my little fish sent to me and never got that either. Would hate to have to use another web site for games but I've used BF since 2008, maybe even earlier than that so let's get these problems fixed please! Games are my thing!

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Aug 23, 12 11:01 AM
Hi Fishies,

Just swimming in with some more help for you ~

tophen ~ something that may help with the cursor is to check for updates to your video card and graphics drivers. We go over how to do that in our help article here. If that doesn't help, please click here to get in touch with our Tech Support team and they'll be happy to work on getting this resolved for you.

bsbagwell ~ some of our newer games - especially the Collector's Editions - are very large files, and that can often cause slower downloads and gameplay, depending on how much memory is on the computer. Our Tech Support team can definitely see if that's what's going on here, or what else might be causing the game to run slowly. I would go ahead and send another message to them, just to make sure they definitely receive your Dr. Felix. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by carol_griffith on Aug 23, 12 11:28 AM
full screen does not work, only a partial view in upper left hand corner of monitor. Using alternative method to download.

Go to: