DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Comments for Awakening: The Skyward Castle Collector's Edition

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Aug 23, 12 12:39 AM
Hi there,
I seems that BoomZap have determined to conclude this series of delightful games with this addition to the franchise.
The screen shots appear to have much better definition that the previous games, so I hope this is the same for the actual game.
Usually the developers pop in to the Games Forum to gauge our response to their games, so I would highly recommend that you all check this out should they do so for this one and post your impressions.
They are a very pro-active company.
Cheers.

pinkmarigolds
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,246 Posts

Re:Comments for Awakening: The Skyward Castle Collector's Edition

[Post New]by pinkmarigolds on Aug 23, 12 12:45 AM
Thanks for starting the thread DLO! Am downloading it now so will bob back later to add my thoughts...looks like the ironing will have to wait another day

ETA

Just played 53 minutes of the demo and am finding it a tad on the slow side. But it is a beautiful antedote to all the dark games we have had recently. Not sure whether to part with my cash or not... decisions decisions...

Edited on 08/23/2012 at 2:04:03 AM PST

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Aug 23, 12 12:57 AM
LOL pinkmarigolds, I changed my modus operandi years ago regarding ironing - do as you wear.

Imberis
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,263 Posts

[Post New]by Imberis on Aug 23, 12 1:02 AM
I bought this right away, and so far it's great! I particularly love the (small spoiler, so highlight to see) squabbit! It's precious! The puzzles are really enjoyable, too.

I'm finding that I like the graphics best out of all of the games (so far), and the game is working much, much better than the last one. For some reason the last game was a little jerky/my mouse would "stick" sometimes, or I'd complete a puzzle and it'd take quite a while to tell me I finished and back out of the scene. This one has no problems like that, so I'm happy!

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Aug 23, 12 1:23 AM
Hi Imberis,
Your comment about the graphics is good news. I have generally found these games a little "pixillated" in the past.
Cheers

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Aug 23, 12 1:54 AM
Ditto Imberis! It looks great... so far I am not stuck playing on hardest mode - the minis are quite easy so far... time to get back to it!

The Squabbit! I am so happy they are going to end the series with a winner and not another Goblin Kingdom... Yay!!! Thank you Devs!!

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

[Post New]by Sheerija on Aug 23, 12 1:57 AM
A true fairy tale in every sense. Beautiful unicorn, quite breathtaking. Lovely graphics in widescreen. Perfect controls, with flawless navigation, flowing smoothly from location to location. Very good interactive HOS - no clutter. Our little Pocket Dragon again - adorable, and our owl helper, of course. Enjoyable music. Naturally there are villains, but nothing too demonic or heinous, so far. No SG thus far, but owl is standing in for it perfectly adequately. Jump map included, so no trekking back and forwards all the time.

Utterly enchanting game, done with care and attention and vivid imagination. Takes me back to my childhood at bedtimes, having a fairy tale read to me before lights out.

Love this series and hope it never ends.

Imberis
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,263 Posts

[Post New]by Imberis on Aug 23, 12 2:11 AM
It looks so pretty on my screen that I actually want to use one of the wallpapers, which I never usually bother with! The owl's little jokes and weird bird-based exclamations are pretty cute, too.

Giliraz
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

[Post New]by Giliraz on Aug 23, 12 2:40 AM
every thing is perfect... the right amountof HOs and puzzles... beautiful graphics... the music does not bother... and the story, well it's a fairytale and I love fairytales...I am happy ... thanks BF

gmac1007
Clownfish
Clownfish
569 Posts

[Post New]by gmac1007 on Aug 23, 12 3:41 AM
Shut the front door this game is AWESOME ! Yes I have already bought this gem and the unicorn alone was enough for me to buy it he is simply gorgeous and I'm a sucker for unicorns. It's hard to believe that this series is coming to an end. Everyone of these games have been a beautiful and magical journey and Sophia will be missed but as we all know all good things sooner or later have to come to an end I'm just sorry it has to be this good thing. The graphics are gorgeous as always and Sophia shines like the true princess she really is. All of the search scenes have been beautiful with a good mix and variety of different types and the puzzles so far haven't been bad at all however I'm looking forward to getting my hands on the shadow that nasty critter it's time for his reign to come to a end and Sophia's begin and free her people at last. I've loved each and everyone of these games they are all so beautifully done and in true fairytale form from beginning to end and this one is no different. As always I'm so glad to see the pocket dragon now if I could only figure out a way to pull him out of the game and keep him for myself that would be the perfect ending for me love the dragon he's adorable and of course the owl who is ever so helpful as always. This one has just the right amount of hidden scenes, puzzles and mini games nothing is overdone or over the top everything is dead on. The game runs smooth as flowing water with no lagging, no sticky cursor, and no problems whatsoever. Give this one a try it's most definitely worth it. Although I hate to see this series end I want to give a huge thank you to Boom Zap for giving us so many fond fairytale memories with princess Sophia. THANK YOU BOOM ZAP! These games are priceless and beautiful everything a great game should be. Thank you Boom Zap and Big Fish for the last beautiful fairytale of Princess Sophia and one more time Thank You Boom Zap job well done !

Edited on 08/23/2012 at 3:43:26 AM PST

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Aug 23, 12 3:49 AM
LOL - This dev is always an auto-buy for me, as well. Can't wait to see how it ends...although I'm sure it's happily ever after!

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Aug 23, 12 3:55 AM
I am loving the game but I can't say everything is perfect... I am playing the hardest mode so there are no puzzle instructions and some of the puzzles don't make sense - not to me anyway. I have solved two now that I don't even know what I did right to solve them...? LOL That's why I am here on break... another puzzle that I am completely clueless what the goal is. I will just keep messing around until it solves I guess.... Otherwise, totally awesome!! I hate to see this series end but I am happy to see the devs end on a high note like this.

jenny1983
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
488 Posts

[Post New]by jenny1983 on Aug 23, 12 4:16 AM
Just want to echo what everyone else is saying: what a delightful game! And thumbs up to the developers for making the HOS interactive. If we have to find "hidden" objects at least it's not tedious.

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Aug 23, 12 4:19 AM
I love this series and knew this was coming "soon" and now it has arrived! It is running rather slowly for me on my WIN7 laptop but that may be due to a full cache. I do expect to purchase this one but will wait just a bit. I always like to check the weekend specials.

The graphics are gorgeous! Due to slowness I quit playing with 40 min. to go in the demo. I'll continue later after a reboot.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Aug 23, 12 4:37 AM
i hardly ever buy hog ce,s anymore.....but man i could not resist this game,,,,the graphics, the puzzles,,,the varied hog scenes,

its all here.....Boomzap has really outdone themselves...

and yes the unicorn was beautiful

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Aug 23, 12 4:51 AM
Hey Bella!

It continues to baffle me why people play IHOG/HOPA games if they don't like hidden object scenes... I am always curious about that so I thought I would mention it.

Happy gaming everyone.

sapphire46
Manatee
Manatee
3,740 Posts

[Post New]by sapphire46 on Aug 23, 12 5:04 AM
YAY.... I betaed this and been waiting for it to be released..

Buying straight away...

cathyok
Minnow
Minnow
208 Posts

[Post New]by cathyok on Aug 23, 12 5:17 AM
I am so sorry to see this series come to an end.I have all of them and they are wonderful! Down right fun so if the devs do pop in as suggested here by some, I hope they will realize how popular this type of game is with us and come up with a new series along these same lines. Happy gaming everyone!!

angelfishp
Catfish
Catfish
1,600 Posts

[Post New]by angelfishp on Aug 23, 12 5:29 AM
I love the Awakening series, I have the others, and I am sorry to see it come to an end. As usual, the graphics are beautiful. The music is calming, and it is nice to have a fairytale game to play. A definite buy for me.

jenny1983
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
488 Posts

[Post New]by jenny1983 on Aug 23, 12 5:39 AM
shadowfax44 wrote:
It continues to baffle me why people play IHOG/HOPA games if they don't like hidden object scenes... I am always curious about that so I thought I would mention it.

Because since we like the adventure part, we have to tolerate the hidden object part

Go to: