Mandragora

Mandragora

[Post New]by Sharkibark on Feb 8, 09 3:14 AM
Gah... stupid game.

I lasted six minutes into the demo - when I failed the second level I knew it wasn't a game I would enjoy. How on earth does someone fail a TUTORIAL????

Deleted immediately.

GeeBee
Narwhal
Narwhal
32,109 Posts

Re:Mandragora

[Post New]by GeeBee on Feb 8, 09 3:18 AM
Hello Sharkibark and Welcome to the Pond

LOL - Glad I didn't download it....I wouldn't even have made it to the second level...At least you tried.

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Feb 8, 09 3:26 AM
That's all that has been coming out here lately is stupid games. That's why I go to other sites. That's why I bought another game on Iwin. A nice HO at that.

Sassy

Edited on 02/08/2009 at 3:30:53 AM PST

Anniejo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,109 Posts

[Post New]by Anniejo on Feb 8, 09 3:37 AM
tried it for about 15 minutes, but all I seemed to have to do was keep watering the trees and couldn´t do it fast enough, they kept dying on me, so deleted it.

mistybig
Clownfish
Clownfish
663 Posts

[Post New]by mistybig on Feb 8, 09 4:00 AM
I also played it for about 15 mins, but just couldn't see the point in it. A bit boring for me, watering and planting, and not getting anywhere.

mummypops
Koi
Koi
80,817 Posts

[Post New]by mummypops on Feb 8, 09 4:03 AM
Did not even download it, Welcome to the pond Sharkibark, hope you will play some games in the pond

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Feb 8, 09 4:04 AM
It's labeled "action adventure". I know better than to download those because they all end up "do it as fast as possible". however, it IS nice to see a variety in the types of games. Even an HO addict (me) noticed that for a while the only games that were showing up were HO.

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on Feb 8, 09 4:18 AM
After 10 minutes of planting and watering, I deleted the game. I didn't see the point of the game.

Lucysixty6
Stingray
Stingray
5,133 Posts

[Post New]by Lucysixty6 on Feb 8, 09 4:22 AM
In the rubbish bin. . . .

What?
Did not even get that far. !!
Played it at least 2 months ago via iWin. Did not finish the demo than either.

It's about seeds from trees, mix and grow them.
All complicated latin names.
Big bore.

Lady_BunBun
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_BunBun on Feb 8, 09 4:46 AM
I played the whole hour. I think it's supposed to be a different take of the game plant tycoon, except plant tycoon was more fun. I don't think the purpose of this game is to ultimately find every tree combination necessarily, just the 5-star ones. Might be more fun if the trees didn't constantly need attention to prevent them from dying.

lineck
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,140 Posts

[Post New]by lineck on Feb 8, 09 5:23 AM
Well Fishes I am glad I read this, I was thinking of downloading, needed a cheerup but it looks like that will not help.

just have to hang in or go back and finish the hard ones, or I might try and find some roots.

lineck.

midnight1864
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by midnight1864 on Feb 8, 09 6:05 AM
In the trash.....
When will we get a good game ??????
PLEASE send us something good!!!!!

[Post New]by Floridagal1951 on Feb 8, 09 6:30 AM
I agree, spent more time using the water can then anything else. How boring is that ??

chuckho
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by chuckho on Feb 8, 09 6:57 AM
Let's see, I lasted about ten minutes into this game, according to the timer on my game manager. After failing the first level after the tutorial five times!!! No wonder you never see these games go to the beta tester's before they are released. As I have stated many, many, many, many, many, many times across the internet in many, many, many, many, many, many, many, amny, namy, forums If a game is not sadistic enough to keep you playing it's not worth playing at all! By sadistic I mean, 1. Giving you the resources to complete more than one round. 2. Making the game absorbing so you want to continue to play it, the music in this game almost put me to sleep which may be why I never completed the first round, and I was on cup 7 out of 8 cups of coffee. 3. Timers that run too fast are tantamount to failure for even the most advanced gamer, read number one above. 4. Do NOT assume that just because everyone at the office can finish a game before you release it anyone else will even be able to play it, remember the people in the office have been living this game for months or longer.

bansama
Herring
Herring
338 Posts

[Post New]by bansama on Feb 8, 09 6:59 AM
This would have been a nice distraction from work, if it wasn't for the time limit. As it stands though, it's not something I will ever play again.

[Post New]by armygoarmy on Feb 8, 09 7:22 AM
I didn't last five minutes. Garbage game.

booksdar
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by booksdar on Feb 8, 09 7:36 AM
Thanks for the warning!! I have had a game pass since the 5th and the rate BFG is crankin out games I won't spend it til the 5th of next month. Alot of them won't download in the first place, or play if they do. I have turned to other clubs, Playfirst for example for relief. I am a total Chocolatire fan & the new one is a refreshing relief from Crap games. Dangerous School Girls? or whatever.,. you get my drift. OOH, a pond word!! I probably can't share the name but here goes. Decadence by Design. I hoped it would come out here, so I wouldn't have to shell out 10 clams. But it was sooo...worth it. The pond used to be the best!! I would rather pay more to play better games. Come on fishies, play all the demos you want but lets just buy the Quality games.

Suziewife
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by Suziewife on Feb 8, 09 8:14 AM
I also think that this game is very poor.

I tried the demo and cannot see the point of a game that puts you off even before the demo is half way through. Especially when this is the sort of game that I usually love!

Sorry BFG but this game is a No No No.

dtouchton
Manatee
Manatee
4,156 Posts

[Post New]by dtouchton on Feb 8, 09 9:24 AM
Thanks for the heads up. WON"T TRY IT!

CynthiaV
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by CynthiaV on Feb 8, 09 12:27 PM
Despite all the warnings I tried this game. Brother, what a waste of 5 minutes. I agree with the majority -- don't waste your time on this one. The trees soak up water at an alarming rate and you can't get anything else accomplished. Back to the drawing board for the developers.

Go to: