bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Reviews for Eternal Journey: New Atlantis

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 25, 12 12:35 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Eternal Journey: New Atlantis ? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Eternal Journey: New Atlantis page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Reviews for Eternal Journey: New Atlantis

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 25, 12 12:35 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 25, 12 12:37 AM
Hi Fishies,

If you like, you can check out the reviews for the CE version by clicking here!

Hope this helps and happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 25, 12 12:46 AM
Morning, all...

This game has 9 chapters.

There are 2 gameplay modes.

There is a Widescreen option (it shrank my screen when not ticked).

You can also change the screen resolution (if it will make any difference).

There is a choice of custom and system cursor.

There is voice-over.

The Diary is on the left.

The HINT button, which shows you exactly what to do outside of the HOS (hidden object scenes), is on the right.

Just above the the HINT button is the MAP, which shows your current location, and where actions are available. You can also use the Map to jump.
The Map will become available a little into the game.

The HOS are interactive.

Puzzles are on the easy side, so even I can do them, and I am loving it.
And, of course, they can be skipped.

Both the HINT and SKIP buttons fill within 30 seconds in Easy mode.

Graphics are very well done, and animation is very realistic.

Gameplay is interesting and fun.

There are 18 Digital Memory Cards to be collect throughout the game. If I remember correctly, you can see how many you have by checking your MAP. The whereabouts of these cards should be indicated on it - if you have ticked it on the Map, that is.

--- --- ---

I was gripped by the story right from the start, and decided this is a must-have-right-this-minute game. I loved all of the game, and very much enjoyed the bonus game as well.

Edited on 08/25/2012 at 1:02:06 AM PST

laraly
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by laraly on Aug 25, 12 2:51 AM
I have played the CE of this game, not long ago, and I truly reccomended as SE, don't miss out, it's an excellent game, particularly if you like engineers/mechanic puzzles and sci-fi enviroment! 5

Jorie10
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Jorie10 on Aug 25, 12 4:25 AM
Ditto on what laraly wrote!

The sci-fi aspect of this game made it quite different, in my opinion. I totally enjoyed the main game. Bonus is not necessary to the storyline but did add to it.

[Post New]by Gabbyellen on Aug 25, 12 8:31 AM
I'm not a huge fan of the science fiction genre but this game is so beautifully done that it has won me over! The story is compelling and the graphics are just gorgeous. Thanks for such a great game!

oakley007
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by oakley007 on Aug 25, 12 11:22 AM
I ususally don't comment on games. I rely on the pros for that, but this game is very different from the normal and that is refreshing. It kinda reminds me of the old "half life" game from many years ago. Off to buy. Thanks BFG
oakley

edited to correct spelling.

Edited on 08/25/2012 at 11:23:56 AM PST

hollyodie
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by hollyodie on Aug 25, 12 12:30 PM
I have to give one of my highest compliments to the developers: I did NOT skip the introduction and I have NOT skipped any of the cutscenes! After only playing for about 15 minutes, I rushed in to buy it.

Great game for me!

VTCT
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

[Post New]by VTCT on Aug 25, 12 1:55 PM
Man, I enjoy the games but get a little put off when in about months time you bring the SE when I bought the CE already and enjoy it. I now mostly look only on Sunday & Thursday for games because of this aslo most of other days have boring games.

[Post New]by doofenschmurtz on Aug 25, 12 9:45 PM
Just finished playing this excellent game.Definetly a good SE buy.Have the CE and the bonus is nice but it doesnt effect the SE story has a great finale. A true masterpiece for SciFi lovers or any gamer .

fluffyalso
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by fluffyalso on Aug 26, 12 10:36 AM
Am another who usually doesn't comment on games, but had to put my 2cents worth in on this one. Absolutely loved this game. Am 3/4 of the way thru and keep stopping because I don't want it to end. The game plays so smoothly and is beautiful to boot. The map makes it so easy to get around and gives great hints without spoiling the game play. The story line is such a nice departure from ghosts and the supernatural. Kudos to the game developers and Big Fish for bringing us this really cool game.

pishka
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by pishka on Aug 26, 12 2:19 PM
i loved this game bought the ce the best game in a long time great story great everything

babbydoll1201
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

[Post New]by babbydoll1201 on Aug 26, 12 4:52 PM
Great game!!! I am extremely enjoying the story line in this one for sure!! The graphics are great....this is worth 6.99 for a free game credit (which I did). Glad i bought this game....enjoy!!!!

babbydoll1201
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

[Post New]by babbydoll1201 on Aug 29, 12 5:22 PM
Wow! Wow! I really REALLY enjoyed this game & especially the story line. I love these kind of games...& the length of it was fantastic! I wish I would have but the CE now just so I could keep playing...lol...I totally recommend this game by all means!!!

allibee4d
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by allibee4d on Aug 30, 12 7:18 AM
FABULOUS game! Loved the graphics and the art work (although the design of one side character was a bit odd). The storyline was gripping, inventive and had been worked out really well. The main character is female, so that was really good to see too. Very unusual story, and for once the commentary doesn't diminish the game. Like other Fish, I didn't skip any of the extra commentaries - they definitely add to the game SPOILER ALERT: (except the one from the big ball).

Stayed up late to do the game - I must be a bit slower than the hard core Fish, because these games do take me several hours! Well worth buying - definitely get your money's worth. I got the SE version (free with my game credits).

Rainmanuk
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by Rainmanuk on Aug 30, 12 1:35 PM
This is the best game I have played in a long time. I thought that the story was good, the puzzles were in some cases standard fare but in others there was a twist, the HO games were OK with the objects identifiable. But this was a cut above the normal dark brooding fare of hospitals, mental wards and disjointed grandfathers. Congrats to the developers in doing something different. Oh and the graphics were great as well.
Did I mention that I liked it?

[Post New]by mrgamer58 on Aug 30, 12 5:39 PM
This is one of the BEST GAMES I have played in a looooooong time. new and exciting. great graphics and story line. Keep them coming like this and you have me for life. OUTSTANDING IS THE LEAST I CAN SAY. AND WELL DONE!!!!!

LadyLark
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by LadyLark on Aug 31, 12 9:17 AM
I finally demoed and bought the SE for this. Sorry I waited. What an awesome game! Good Sci-Fi, lots of adventure and a little romance (just the way I like it), plus a cat! What more could you ask for in a game? Locations, puzzles, good story, great graphics from beginning to end. I was somewhat reminded of Doom III, sans the fragged mutants and gibs, of course! Just wow! More of this type, please, developers. This old-school gamer was thrilled!

layzeedaisy
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by layzeedaisy on Sep 1, 12 1:44 AM
At last - a really great sci-fi game. Wish there were more of them.

Superb game with an absolutely brilliant map to jump about. Great graphics and story line.

Thoroughly enjoyed every moment of play. Well worth every penny.

Go to: