DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Comments for Eternal Journey: New Altantis

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Aug 25, 12 12:40 AM
Hi there,
Others will post more in-depth reviews based on their experiences with the CE version of this game, but I I had to say a huge THANKYOU to the developers for actually presenting us with a game I would classify as worthy of being called Sci-Fi.
And thankyou for having no sparkles in the game in the harder mode - and also for the nice touch that enabled us to disable the "hints" in the map so we could still use it to travel. Great idea.
I enjoyed my time immensely and the end of the Main Game was extremely satisfying - and long on the harder mode.
Well worth giving this game at least a trial.
And I hope Old_Man_River doesn't mind me using his impressions ...
I was going to wait until next month, but after playing the demo my mouse turned into a Ouija Board. I had no control over my pointer and when it was over I had purchased the game. ;^) No regrets yet

I hope you enjoy this delightful game.
Cheers

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

Re:Comments for Eternal Journey: New Altantis

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Aug 25, 12 12:52 AM
What you said Ozzie! An excellent game that I enjoyed start to finish. LOL to Old Man River...

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Aug 25, 12 1:01 AM
LOL shadowfax, I thought this was one of the best games to be offered this year - but I am a SciFi fan and proud to admit it.

Bidme
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by Bidme on Aug 25, 12 1:03 AM
This is one of the best games I've played in a while. I found there wasn't alot of HOS, maybe more adventure, The sound effects were the best I'v heard in a long time. Also I spent 5 mins just playing with the train till I found a lift!! bit like a fair ground ride. I brought the CE which is something I dont normally do. I hope you enjoy it.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Aug 25, 12 1:17 AM
Hi Bidme,
Your comments are very welcome in light of the fact that this game was so enjoyable for you that you were compelled to purchase it.
LOL about the train and lift (Until I saw the Skip button). I had fun with the space suit and external door.
And of course the cat.
Cheers

Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

[Post New]by Bpup on Aug 25, 12 5:44 AM
Ah, too bad! When I first saw this listed as TGT, I thought they were releasing a sequel already - then I realized that it was just the SE version of the CE game I already own.

I can truly say that I enjoyed this game when I played the CE version, and given that the CE bonus game, while adding depth to the story, isn't required to understand what the story is about or to provide an "ending", this SE version should be very good value for the money in terms of length of game play. The CE's bonus game retells part of the story, only this time from another character's point of view, and was of a good length so I didn't feel ripped off by getting the CE.

There was just a lot to do in this game, and I remember being really surprised at the number of locations/scenes there were in this game. It had an interesting story that held up throughout the game, probably because it was such a change of pace from the usual kidnapped-child/evil-witch storyline that is currently so prevalent.

I definitely would recommend picking up either version of the game.

Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

[Post New]by Bpup on Aug 25, 12 5:47 AM
LOL! I, too, had fun riding the train and the lift even after I realized that I could use the map to skip from place to place. I just liked the way they depicted the ride; it seemed realistic and the sound effects were great.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Aug 25, 12 9:24 PM
Interesting, only 18 posts (including this one) in this forum so far - and mostly from CE players.
And nothing in the technical problems discussion (so hopefully it is running AOK).
Looks like this game is a winner on both fronts - even the SE players are satisfied with their game.
Good to see.
Cheers

yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by yowzasma on Aug 26, 12 9:31 PM
Just have to post that I just finished the main part of the game (I have CE) and I love it..
I rarely post my opinions about games but this one is a winner for those of us that like science fiction. Am looking forward to bonus game..but main part is GREAT!

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Sep 8, 12 3:36 AM
Thank you to everyone for their comments and reviews. I am now off to buy.

mcbay111
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by mcbay111 on Sep 11, 12 6:16 PM
Hello everyone. I rarely post or say much but this game is by far the most enjoyable I have played as yet. I hope the developers make a sequel or just another sci fi type game. this is just the greatest game !! So much fun and so interesting. The story line is excellent as well. I have not one bad thing to say about this Eternal Journey. Thank you Big Fish for the great game and give us more like it !!!

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Sep 14, 12 1:47 PM
Just finished the game, and I must say, I really enjoyed it. I didn't expect to at first glance, what with the protagonist dying in the first few minutes, but bought it to fill my punch card. No regrets here! I'm sure I will enjoy playing it again in a few months. I'm kind of sorry I didn't go for the CE!

I like the witches, and ghosties and long-legged beasties in other games, but sci fi is a lot of fun and I hope they do another one.

Kathilisa
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by Kathilisa on Oct 17, 12 12:15 PM
I've just played the demo and enjoyed it immensely, everything about it was good
after a slightly slow start, when I thought, oh is this going to be the same as lots of other games?
it wasn't

I think this will be a buy for me.
I wanted to comment, for somebody in the review section who asked about similar games...

from the same developers (I think) is an older game Mushroom Age
which is completely bonkers/zany
but great fun
http://www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/4265/mushroom-age/index.html

floof
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by floof on Jan 22, 13 12:29 PM
I really liked this game. Was a bit apprehensive at first but glad I gave it a try. It was excellent! Very good graphics, no hangups, map , and just about anything good you can say. I plan on replaying it soon! It actually felt like being a part of a movie. The game really is tops in my book!

Go to: