bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Post any Inbetween Land technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Aug 26, 12 12:33 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

limey_scale
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

Re:Post any Inbetween Land technical issues here only

[Post New]by limey_scale on Aug 26, 12 12:51 AM
Yet again, another game I cannot play as I am getting Error Access Violation. This is the 3rd lately along with Flux Family and Rite of Passage. Been in touch with Tech Support about my EAV problems, but everything suggested does not allow me to play certain games

Amaootta
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Amaootta on Aug 26, 12 3:25 AM
Access violation too, reinstallation doesn't help Too bad, sounded interesting

LadyBlue0321
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

Workaround for error access violation

[Post New]by LadyBlue0321 on Aug 26, 12 3:42 AM
If you get this error, try opening the game via your harddrive versus the game manager.

Go to Start/Computer/ OS: C/Program Files (x86)/ *gamename* file folder. Look for the .exe file and double click it. Typically this works for me as I get that error with most every game. For some reason, my system and the Game Manager disagree.

Good luck!

limey_scale
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by limey_scale on Aug 26, 12 4:32 AM
Thanks LadyBlue,
I tried your suggestion but still get EAV. I have tried so many times with CS to resolve this issue with some games, but to no avail

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Aug 26, 12 5:20 AM
Heya Fishies,

Sorry to hear about that Access Violation limey_scale and Amaootta .

An Access Violation can have many reasons, therefore the cause for them can be different for every game you experience it with, limey_scale. Often the cause is with an old driver for a video card. Both of you can find some steps on how to check for updates here:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If the problem persists I would recommend you to contact our Technical Support. To get help faster you could also include a Dr. Felix report with your message so they have all the information right away .

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

LaDeeDah
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by LaDeeDah on Aug 26, 12 7:59 AM
Early in the game I've run into a problem with a puzzle. It's the slider puzzle on the wall in the library. Blocks are very difficult to move and keep sticking. Have changed to system cursor and still have the problem. My mouse has new batteries, so I don't think that's it.

[Post New]by jancheyenne on Aug 26, 12 8:24 AM
I had the same problem. Too frustrating. This is a no buy for me.

grabbinbugs
Minnow
Minnow
225 Posts

[Post New]by grabbinbugs on Aug 26, 12 8:41 AM
I had same problem at first. Normally on sliders you click, hold down mouse button and slide direction you want to move them.....not on this slider puzzle though. If you just click on top or bottom of block it will move up or down, one space at a time. Same for the side to sides. Hope this helps It worked for me.

[Post New]by gallaghermaryg on Aug 26, 12 8:51 AM
I also get error access violation.My computer is 4months old.So not a problem of computer but of game.

[Post New]by ntsuhako on Aug 26, 12 8:52 AM
I cannot enter the temple. The screen goes black and the game freezes.

housebound
Salmon
Salmon
2,568 Posts

[Post New]by housebound on Aug 26, 12 9:27 AM
I can't even play the demo, my cursor won't respond, can't get it to go where I want it to go. Had to do Ctrl-Alt- delete just to close down . too bad , looked like a good game.

LaDeeDah
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by LaDeeDah on Aug 26, 12 9:53 AM
grabbinbugs wrote:I had same problem at first. Normally on sliders you click, hold down mouse button and slide direction you want to move them.....not on this slider puzzle though. If you just click on top or bottom of block it will move up or down, one space at a time. Same for the side to sides. Hope this helps It worked for me.

Thanks, grabbin. Will give it a try.

[Post New]by tdcwilliams on Aug 26, 12 10:41 AM
I started the demo and got to the slider box puzzle and the game closed out and told me my trial had expired, I only played for about five minutes. Suggestions?

LaDeeDah
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by LaDeeDah on Aug 26, 12 10:57 AM
The slider puzzle still does not respond as it should. Some blocks move easily and some won't move at all.

cdminot
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by cdminot on Aug 26, 12 11:36 AM
I have an issue with exiting and re-entering the game - I have had to uninstall and reinstall 3 times now - very frustrating; is anyone else having this issue when you access the game you just get a black screen?

housebound
Salmon
Salmon
2,568 Posts

[Post New]by housebound on Aug 26, 12 11:44 AM
Don't know if I would have the problems you all are having cos I can't get past the cursor.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Aug 26, 12 12:09 PM
Hi Fishies,

It looks like a few different issues are coming up. I'm posting some advice I hope will help below ~

Those of you who are having issues with the game display (screen going black, for instance) or the game crashing or freezing at a certain point, the first thing to try is updating your video card and graphics drivers. We go over how to do that in the help article here.

For those of you receiving an Access Violation error, the help article here has some suggestions for how to get those resolved.

If you try those ideas and are still running into trouble, please get in touch with our Tech Support team. They have the tools to really delve into the issue and work with you directly to get everything working correctly.

You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. Or if you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

Redmink
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by Redmink on Aug 26, 12 12:19 PM
The game was playing along really well --- and I was enjoying it all.

BUT THEN, I moved to a new scene after I place all the crystals (not sure how far along), and the screen went black, the cursor bogged down.

Running 4 yr. old HP/CPQ PC, XP OS, plain monitor (not widescreen), all drivers including video updated, no other programs running including Game Mgr. and Norton Security background tasks.

This usually happens when the game program is getting ready to run a video or busy graphical scene.

DARN.

Rebooted, retried game and no change.
Uninstalled, then reinstalled under browser IE8 ... no change.

THen I turned off the custom cursor and went into windowed mode ... no change.

Am sending a Dr. Felix Report to Tech Supprt ...

These last couple of months have been brutal with programming issues.

Edited on 08/26/2012 at 12:24:24 PM PST

slepless777
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by slepless777 on Aug 26, 12 1:06 PM
Access violation AGAIN.

When this happens to me, the game usually opens on my other laptop. The only difference between the two laptops that I can see is with the display. The other laptop has a MUCH higher resolution than this one. That is the ONLY difference. So I'm guessing that must be it.

I'm on vacation and don't have my other laptop with me, so I'll keep the game for now and try it again when I get back home. If that doesn't work, I'll have to ask for a refund.

Go to: