Reviews for Inbetween Land

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Reviews for Inbetween Land

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Aug 26, 12 12:34 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Inbetween Land? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Inbetween Land page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBiwa

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Re:Reviews for Inbetween Land

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Aug 26, 12 12:35 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBiwa

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 26, 12 1:07 AM
Morning, all...

Well, what a nice surprise: An iFROG for today, and it's not a CE.

There are 3 gameplay modes.

There is Stretch Screen.

There is voice-over.

There is a choice of custom and system cursor.

There is a NOTEPAD at the bottom left.

The MENU button is at the top left.

The TASK tab is at the top right.

The HINT button is at the bottom right.

The HINT button, which only takes about 30 seconds to refill in Easy mode, also works in the main scenes, and tells you exactly what to do next.

Puzzles are not too difficult, and there are more of them than there are HOS.

Puzzles can be skipped. The SKIP button only takes about 40 seconds to fill in Easy mode.

There is a list of ACHIEVEMENTS.

There is no MAP.

Some items in the INVENTORY can be combined. A + sign will be next to the objects you can combine.

The HOS are iFROGs (interactive fragmented hidden object scenes.

--- --- ---

The graphics are sometimes better and sometimes worse - it has a feel as if 2 different designers have worked on the game.

The story is interesting, and although I wasn't overly excited about the game, I enjoyed it enough to buy the game.

BP532
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

[Post New]by BP532 on Aug 26, 12 1:13 AM
Valdy- I know exactly what you mean. I thought the same thing. At one point, it seems like a new artist has taken over the design. Strange. I did get drawn into the diversity of puzzles and really enjoyed them.

dianaluna
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

[Post New]by dianaluna on Aug 26, 12 1:28 AM
Well, Valdy covered it all perfectly & it is rather a nice surprise. There's a sci-fi theme that is different. Not sure why some graphics are cartoon-like, but most are clear & attractive. Lots of interaction with Ifrags--nice change from HOGS. I found the hour passed by quickly...definitely a good "free" game choice. One tip (in case you miss the obvious as I did!) be sure to get off the elevator--changing floors doesn't put you in a new location. Boy, did I feel dumb!

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Aug 26, 12 1:29 AM
Special Bit is in da house!!!

I very was fortunate to beta this masterpiece. I truly love the aspects of it and all. This is the same team which gave us the Haunted Hotel series.

Story: You find your friend Mary has gone missing and you go to search for her. You two were orphans and you go get some clues from the house mother and she lets you search the orphanage. Then as your searching you come across an artifact that leads to your first portal and there your journey begins.

Graphics: Absolutely gorgeous. They couldn't be any clearer. On the hidden object scenes as well.

Music: Fits beautifully with the game. Their music peeps are top notch.

Mini games: Original. Ones I have never encountered in other games.

Hint system: Recharges at a timely fashion as well as the skip button. But I didn't skip no mini games as I was enjoying the game too much.

Modes: I didn't play the hour trial but as I recall there was at least 2 modes as I play on Expert mode.

Extra note: I love the Haunted Series, but this game is just as wonderful if not more so. Special Bit outdid themselves with this. The character are really cute and fun, and the ghosts are really cool to look at. Enjoy this game as much as I enjoyed the beta. I will definitely adding this one. I was waiting on this one and it's most definitely a purchase.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Aug 26, 12 1:44 AM
I agree with all of you...what a nice surprise of a game. I am loving this one. Interesting graphics, and it is fun. I like this kind of Ifrog, and the puzzles are good, not frustrating, and just a bit different. Music appears to fit, and I like the storyline too. This isn't the same ole, same ole, and I bought it after 12 minutes. Just had to stop for a moment and express my delight

PS I didn't exactly get up for this, but since the dogs weren't ready to come in, I thought I would check. Glad I did!

CasualGran
Herring
Herring
324 Posts

[Post New]by CasualGran on Aug 26, 12 2:28 AM
This certainly is a different kind of HOG. It's beautifully designed and the FROG scenes are crystal clear. Everything excellent. But... only after some time. it wasn't so clear to me how to proceed in the orphanage to get to the place of action. Objects could be collected, sure, but what to do with them? I had no clue, tried to get back on the street, which wasn't possible and in the end I used the Hint button to find out the next move. But even then,there was no logic at all in placing the things on certain spots. I just had to let the game place them for me. Really, I began to fear that I had made a mistake buying this game with a coupon without trying it first. Also, the puzzle in the orphanage to obtain a certain key was terribly jerky. I tried a mouse instead of my usual trackball, but it made no difference. I ended up skipping this minigame, unwillingly because it was one of my favorite kinds. But I just had no patience to painfully work myself through it.

This looks like an interesting and different game, but it isn't perfect. Specialbit, IMO, can still learn a thing or two.

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Aug 26, 12 2:29 AM
I. too, agree with everyone about this game----a very nice, different, and delightful surprise----and with a sci-fi theme as well. This is a too much overlooked theme, seems to me there's an untouched wealth of stories there. Just saying.

But the graphics are absolutely beautiful, in the HOS and out.

The fragmented objects are interactive within the scene you are playing which I like very much as opposed to traveling from one place to the other to place various items. And completing the scenes gives you an item you need to continue.

The puzzles are unique and fun to play.

The music is not intrusive or overwhelming, but actually calm and pleasant.

The voice-overs are quite well done.

There is widescreen (stretch) , a trend that is continuing to be found in all the better games.

I really like the way the story is laid out----it isn't too far in before you understand the overall objective, thereby eliminating the "huh?" factor.

I believe this is a very superior effort from our friends at Special Bit, and it's a buy for me!!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 26, 12 3:05 AM
CasualGran wrote:Also, the puzzle in the orphanage to obtain a certain key was terribly jerky. I tried a mouse instead of my usual trackball, but it made no difference. I ended up skipping this minigame, unwillingly because it was one of my favorite kinds. But I just had no patience to painfully work myself through it.

Are you talking about the very first puzzle, which was a Slider game? It was very sticky. I had a lot of trouble moving the sliders, and in the end gave up and used the SKIP button.

Later puzzles I came across were OK.

CasualGran wrote:Objects could be collected, sure, but what to do with them? I had no clue, tried to get back on the street, which wasn't possible and in the end I used the Hint button to find out the next move. But even then,there was no logic at all in placing the things on certain spots. I just had to let the game place them for me.

If you hover over the HOS, some of the hot spots will tell you what needs to be put there. Each object that you assemble, will need to be added at a certain spot, and often after putting an object into place, another object that you need will be found in the scene.

This reminded me of ERS's HOS they are now using, where you add things into the HOS, in order for something else to become available. Very well done, I thought.

Bidme
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by Bidme on Aug 26, 12 3:21 AM
when you look in the dairy it tells you how long you've been playing, well it said 1hour 48 mins, wish I had never brought it

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Aug 26, 12 3:26 AM
I loved this game, it just wasn't long enough. Although I skipped some puzzles, I did most of them and the game was finished in just over 2 hours (including the trial hour).
Liked the fact that there were no boring junk pile HO scenes, and I like FROGS better anyway. Not too many of them either which makes a refreshing change.
Not many games have me playing to the end, and I couldn't put this one down.
Couldn't fault it except the length....

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Aug 26, 12 3:39 AM
I was really delighted to see a IFROG this morning as we don't get enough of them. This one has an interesting storyline, good graphics, good voiceovers, nice puzzles and OK music playing quietly in the background and was a buy for me after 32 minutes .

Cherb

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Aug 26, 12 4:54 AM
I like this game very much. Some of the puzzles I had to skip. Love the slider puzzles, hate push all the lights on.

I read that it's not a long game, but I don't mind. I have fun with this game.

[Post New]by heatherington on Aug 26, 12 5:12 AM
It was intriguing enough to spend a coupon to buy. It didn't last very long, but I enjoyed the puzzles. There was a lot of "Elixir of Immortality" in those puzzles. Things were easy enough to do. I didn't get stuck because sometimes there was only one place to look for something. The slider puzzle was very sluggish. It should never be that hard to push those things around. I left the music on because it didn't annoy. Enjoy and have a great day!

Edited on 08/26/2012 at 5:13:25 AM PST

youngjude
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by youngjude on Aug 26, 12 5:17 AM
nice game but very short and easy

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Aug 26, 12 6:35 AM
I am dying for a good game to play today as it's Sunday but this one seems so cold and sad because of the gray colors. I won't buy it because of that. Maybe tomorrow I can use my game credit.

Janie42
Clownfish
Clownfish
598 Posts

[Post New]by Janie42 on Aug 26, 12 7:18 AM
Hard to add to the great reviews so far--thanks everyone!

Agree: terrific game, a buy for me, love the recent games by these devs.
They know how to offer a good adventure, proper atmosphere, emphasis on story, lovely graphics with a rare almost 3-D effect to the visuals, good music & excellent voices.
Plus, some extra bells & whistles & achievements.

Hos give value-added & are not too many; puzzles so far are fun enough & a nice variety. Will give full review once completed.

(Meantime to devs for another engaging game--loved Charles Dexter Ward CE, BTW, fantastic game.)

[Post New]by biscuitsmama on Aug 26, 12 7:41 AM
I too love this game. And, I totally agree with CBTX. I really like the theme and think there are so many possibilities for developing more.

Thanks everyone for your great reviews, they helped me make a decision to buy the game, although after about 20 minutes of play, I knew it was a "go" for me. I don't usually care for the FHO games but find that I do like this one.

Vlady, I am getting hooked on reading your reviews first thing each morning. I have come to rely on you as my game guru.

Happy Sunday everyone!

Sorry Valdy, my dyslexia was kicking in.

Edited on 08/26/2012 at 7:42:18 AM PST

annetterider
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by annetterider on Aug 26, 12 8:01 AM
I too liked the game but it was far to short. I am glad I used a "free game" coupon. I think the developers could have done more with this game. The story line is interesting, and could have done more with it.
I like that there were different mini games and some were a bit harder than others to figure out what to do. The hint button was OK.

What I do think that would help is a map, and mark on the map where there are things that can be done.

I THINK ANY GAME THAT IS A BACK AND FORTH FROM ROOM TO ROOM OR PLACE TO PLACE SHOULD HAVE A MAP. It makes it easier to move. There are some game I didnt finish because there was no map and I had to move back 10 times to get one thing then move 10 forward to use it etc. This game isnt like I am just saying.

I will give this game out of 10. It would have got more but it was to short.

Go to: