bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

UPDATED Mac version available! August 31, 2012

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Aug 26, 12 12:36 AM
You can give this game a go by going to the game page here. The gameplay will be the same across both PC and Mac platforms, so please feel free to use this Forum for any questions, tips and tricks with other Final Cut: Death on the Silver Screen Collector's Edition players.

If you encounter any technical trouble with your Mac game, we recommend checking our Mac Game Errors  help article.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Tech Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of the Help pages.

For questions about how to use the Forums, please click the FAQ link to the right of this page.

Happy gaming!

bfgBiwa

Edited on 08/31/2012 at 2:25:01 PM PST

Re:The Mac version is here! 26th August 2012

[Post New]by kkensukek on Aug 26, 12 2:26 AM
game crashes in the record room going in the garden
what's up?

scs2
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by scs2 on Aug 26, 12 9:46 AM
Same for me == crashes when I try to follow the guy into the garden. Great game. How quickly can you get this fixed?

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Aug 26, 12 11:35 AM
Hi scs2 and kkensukek,

If you haven't already done so, please check out the troubleshooting suggestions in the help article below:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If those don't help, it's definitely best to get in touch with our Mac Support team so they can work with you directly on getting things resolved. And if there is a bigger issue with the game itself, the information they can collect from you will really help us pinpoint the issue and get it addressed that much faster.

You can read more about how to contact Mac Support and send in the details of your issue in the post we've created here.

I hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by riverrat939 on Aug 26, 12 1:09 PM
I'm having the same problem with the game crashing when going into the garden, no matter what I do/have done to try to solve it. My computer is a new MacBook Pro with a 384 MB Intel HD Graphics 3000 chip, and all necessary game-playing software is up-to-date. Seems like a problem with the game and not our Mac computers.

[Post New]by bridgetaida on Aug 26, 12 2:06 PM
fishes- again a bug causing problems to mac users..........well- as usual we are waiting for the fixup- good i didn't by it before playing- crash 20 min before end of the trial version

snookataylor
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by snookataylor on Aug 27, 12 4:39 AM
Same as everybody else - looked a good game as well - for once I didnt buy it.

[Post New]by Stardancer001 on Aug 27, 12 5:28 AM
Same problem here, game crashing when following the guy into the garden.

swedane
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
494 Posts

[Post New]by swedane on Aug 29, 12 9:23 PM
Yup, the game crashes when pursuing the fellow into the garden.
Good thing it happened while playing the DEMO!

lmhagood
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by lmhagood on Aug 30, 12 8:25 AM
Having same problem. Game crashes after getting into Gameroom...I just bought this too, so now am kind of annoyed. Hope a fix comes soon.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Aug 30, 12 9:23 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to swim in here and ask that those of you who are having trouble with the game crashing, to please send in a Dr. Felix Report to our Mac Support team. You can read more about how to do so in the post we've created here.

These reports give us very valuable information we need to help pinpoint where the issue is coming from and even how it might be fixed.

It is also very beneficial for us to have as many Dr. Felixes as we can, so we can see if there are any trends or differences among the various systems and configurations.

Finally, some developers do visit the Forums and keep track of the technical issues that are posted in our tech threads. But others will only know about any problems if our Tech Department gets in touch with them, and even in that case, the more information we have to give them about the nature of the problem and how widespread it is, the better.

So, please do think about taking the time to help us out by running the Dr. Felix Report and sending it in. And thank you to those Fishies who have already done so

bfgMonongahela

bobbiejo2
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by bobbiejo2 on Aug 30, 12 7:57 PM
I just finished the demo made it into the garden without a problem. My computer is running Snow Leopard 10.6.8. I hope that the developers come up with a fix so that all Mac users can play the game. It is a great game.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

UPDATED Mac version available! August 31, 2012

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Aug 31, 12 2:24 PM
Hi Fishies!

We have a new Mac version available for Final Cut: Death on the Silver Screen Collectors Edition!

This new version fixes the the progression blocks some players were experiencing.

If the update has not already populated in your Game Manager, you can uninstall and reinstall the game to apply this latest update. Steps on how to do that can be found in the following help article:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If you have any problems with this game, you can contact our Customer Support team with any further questions or concerns.

Happy gaming!

bfgMonongahela

therat03
Clownfish
Clownfish
646 Posts

Re:UPDATED Mac version available! August 31, 2012

[Post New]by therat03 on Sep 1, 12 11:43 AM
New version looks good so far Thanks to you and the devs for getting this out so quickly.

calf905
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by calf905 on Sep 4, 12 9:13 AM
Having the same problem with game crashing on my Mac.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Sep 4, 12 10:22 AM
Hi calf905,

I'm sorry to hear you're still having trouble with this game even after getting the update!

Please get in touch with our Mac Support team so they can take a look at things and work with you directly to get everything resolved. You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

snookataylor
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by snookataylor on Sep 26, 12 8:45 AM
Thanks BFG, reloaded game and it worked - excellent game.

Go to: