dk5793
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,792 Posts

Re:I would like your opinion

[Post New]by dk5793 on Aug 26, 12 12:09 PM
I think if you went to the game forum, you would find the opinions you're looking for.

DK

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Aug 26, 12 2:35 PM
Hi patchesandme,

I'm going to move this thread over to the Awakening: The Skyward Castle Collector's Edition Forum so more Fishies who are playing the CE will see it and can swim in with their thoughts.

And, just in case, here's a link to the review thread too:

Reviews for Awakening: The Skyward Castle Collector's Edition

bfgMonongahela

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Aug 26, 12 3:29 PM
The bonus game is long - (1hr 20mins) but the plot is completely different - a bonus. Nothing to do with the main story or resolve anything so no you don't need to play the bonus to get the whole story.

While I recommend the CE and gave it 5 stars as the bonus was long and it did have extras like achievements and extras puzzles to do (nonogram) it was with reservation purely because of the plot and the ending to the bonus. The quality was really there with the bonus in everything bar the plot. The ending to the bonus was the most abrupt, and because of that worst ending that I remember in any game. I actually replayed the cutscene as I thought I must have missed something.

If you don't mind waiting then I think the SE will be a good choice, although the ending of the SE isn't all tied up re plot the bonus does nothing to address any of that. Also going in and out of the SG as it was in the menu was a bit of pain (glad I only used it a couple of times) so I think having the walkthrough open and hitting the windows pane key while playing the SE version to switch between game and walkthrough would actually be better and quicker!

Edited on 08/26/2012 at 3:33:31 PM PST

LULU5635
Marlin
Marlin
8,049 Posts

[Post New]by LULU5635 on Aug 26, 12 4:51 PM
Hi patchesandme, for my money, I wish I had waited and gotten the SE. The bonus play had little to do with the actual game, plus the mini games were without instructions. You had to figure out what to do blindly. No skips either. To use the SG, you had to exit to the main menu. In the end, I was just glad to have it over with. The game itself was fun, the bonus...frustrating! I hope this helps you decide.

Joyfullady
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,498 Posts

[Post New]by Joyfullady on Aug 29, 12 5:53 PM
Gingergal - it only took me 20 minutes to play the bonus game and ended abruptly with no ending! I think this must be a technical glitch - you paid 1 hr and 20 minutes? Maybe you played all the mini-games. I think I was only able to play three as the whole game from beginning to end I was confused on directions and frustrated.

Definitely would not buy CE - SE's ending is bad enough but I thought the bonus would end it and it doesn't!

Euskalduna
Stingray
Stingray
5,991 Posts

[Post New]by Euskalduna on Aug 29, 12 6:25 PM
My bonus(?) also ended abruptly, without explanation or sense. I tried to get back and I was informed that I had finished. Finished what? So sorry I bought the CE. I did not like the game at all, including the bonus(?). And I bet you a penny a new Awakening is developing. The main story did not finish as promised, or I'm a troll! For me, loss of time and money. What a fiasco!

DMH5321
Minnow
Minnow
250 Posts

[Post New]by DMH5321 on Aug 29, 12 7:16 PM
I did not like or enjoy the bonus play. It was way too heavy on puzzles that had vague directions and were not easily solvable. I love the Awakening series, so I bought the CE. However, I would suggest you wait for the SE. The bonus play is not worth it.

Jorie10
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Jorie10 on Aug 30, 12 5:32 AM
Thanks to all above who gave their opinions. You helped me to decide.

(I really appreciate it when folks do come back to give their opinions after they have played the full CE version of a game.)

Belladonna32
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
20,941 Posts

[Post New]by Belladonna32 on Aug 30, 12 5:52 AM
I'd like to second that Jorie
I played the demo and liked the game, there seemed to be lots of extras which I thought might not be in th SE (achievement etc. I don't use SG) and someone said the game was long so I was almost set to get the CE.

Now I'm going to wait for the SE

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

possumb
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by possumb on Jan 20, 13 6:14 PM
Perhaps the bonus game leads us all to the next instalment - that was my logical conclusion for the unfortunate ending.

Go to: