bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Post any Amusement World! technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Aug 27, 12 12:16 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

CallmeCoors
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,933 Posts

Re:Post any Amusement World! technical issues here only

[Post New]by CallmeCoors on Sep 24, 12 10:38 PM
I am playing on Window 7 64 bit. I had no problems until I finished the game. After the credits ran, the game crashed and I got an access error violation.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 25, 12 12:57 AM
Hi CallmeCoors,

It sounds like you are finished playing this game but if you are still seeing this error when trying to open the game again, please check out the following help article for some advice for combatting this:

Access Violation

If you would like us to look into this for you and provide some troubleshooting specific to your computer, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to our Live Chat Support for real-time support. Live Chat is open Monday - Friday, 7:30 am - 4:30 pm PST.

Hope this is helpful!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by bluebellsonia on Sep 25, 12 5:45 AM
I have got to the "swapping mirrors" stage, and I finished it and went away from the game. When I have come back, the mirrors are all completed, but the instructions for the gane drop down, and I am unable to click on "ok" to make it go away, and unable to continue with the game.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 25, 12 6:55 AM
Hi bluebellsonia,

How odd - I am sorry that you have had this trouble.

To remedy this, I would firstly suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if that helps.

You could also try updating some of the components that help run your game in case the computer is having some trouble loading the next scenes fully. The advice in the following help article will help you to do that:

If neither of these tips help, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

One of our Reps will be glad to work with you on this.

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

caseymom
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

[Post New]by caseymom on Sep 25, 12 6:47 PM
Here's a good one...I played the game all the way through and decided to replay under a new name, as I had learned alot the first time and wanted to see if I could do better. When I got to the graveyard, and started on the headstones, at the Galaxy Blaster one, it froze solid as a puddle in January. Had to cntl/alt/del and reboot. It did it twice no less. The game froze the same place both times. What?
Its a cool game (still can't find all the toadstools or gum drops) but I hate freezing.

[Post New]by GamerGirl_31 on Sep 26, 12 12:04 AM
I attempted to try this game, and it won't even start up. I click on the "Play" button, and it acts like it's going to start, and then nothing happens, just a blank screen. I have to hit Ctrl Alt Delete to get out of it.

I'm running Windows 7 32 bit, if that helps.

It looks like it could be a fun game, but sadly, it just won't work on my computer.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Sep 26, 12 2:18 AM
Heya Fishies,

It sure sounds like some frustrating things are happening here!

caseymom - As you could finish the game without problems the first time around it could help to give it a small uninstall and reinstall to clean up those files that are causing the freeze.

GamerGirl_31 - If a game doesn't open at all it might be that some of your drivers could need a little update. You can find some steps on how to do that here:

If you find that none of these steps help, our Tech Support will be more than happy to have a look at everything for you. You can send them a message by clicking on the green envelope and choosing Contact Us on the next page.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

gillydi53
Clownfish
Clownfish
703 Posts

[Post New]by gillydi53 on Sep 26, 12 5:12 AM
Well I finished the game and dont often give negative comments but this one is the exception . Throughout the game there was a lot of freezing on the mini games , having to restart my laptop . There was very little help with what to do next and then when I did finish and the credits ended my laptop froze completely whereby I had to manually turn it of could'nt even restart . Glad I didnt pay for it although I did waste PCC .

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 26, 12 7:33 AM
Hi gillydi53,

I am sorry that your game performed so poorly for you, I appreciate that how frustrating that can be, having had that happen to me before.

Even though you are now finished the game, I did want to mention that it may be worthwhile having a look at the help article here, to see if there are any updates you can run that will help your games to perform better.

A few simple updates can make the world of difference and should prevent you having a similar experience in future.

If you would like some guidance on this, please run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and then send that over to our Tech Support Team and one of our Reps will be happy to provide some specific support.

Hoping this is helpful,

bfgBaikal

Edited on 09/26/2012 at 7:34:29 AM PST

[Post New]by HeadRightGames on Sep 26, 12 2:18 PM

Edited on 09/27/2012 at 4:01:05 AM PST

puzzlr
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by puzzlr on Sep 29, 12 10:43 AM
Almost at the end (I think) and game freezes on the second half of the shooting game in the mansion. I uninstalled and reinstalled - same thing happens.

[Post New]by Jackie143637 on Sep 29, 12 2:09 PM
I have gotten to the keys and scary bear stage. I was able to get the bear. But anytime i go into a mini game, when I come out I get a blank and frozen screen, but the music is still playing.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Sep 30, 12 6:01 AM
Heya Fishies,

Having a game freeze on you definitely is frustrating every time it happens!

This kind of problems often indicate that your computer is having trouble to work with the game. Updating your drivers could help in this case. Some easy steps on how to do that can be found here.

If you keep experiencing those freezes I would recommend that you get in touch with our Tech Support so they can check this out for you.

I hope this helps and good luck!

bfgBiwa

spbykatie
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by spbykatie on Oct 8, 12 1:08 PM
When I played the demo the game worked fine. Now that I have purchased the game it never gets past the loading stage. One balloon pops and the rest float to the top and disappear. The screen blinks "loading" and that is it. I left it for an hour while I did something else and it is still loading. I have reinstalled it twice and tried to run as administrator with no luck. I have Windows Vista 64-bit.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Oct 9, 12 4:54 AM
Heya spbykatie,

Sorry to hear that your game doesn't want to load properly after you purchased it.

Very rarely the game can get damaged when you activate it after playing the trial. In this case, uninstalling and reinstalling the game could clear it up so you can enjoy playing it again.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

[Post New]by iMOGENhEAP on Oct 16, 12 12:13 PM
I have just gotten into the part in chapter 4 and I know I have to find a bear and a set of keys and no matter what I click on, I cannt find it. Any help? I went into the graveyard like the reaper said but I dont know what to do. I already clicked on the gravestone.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Oct 16, 12 1:26 PM
Hi iMOGENhEAP,

Welcome to the Pond! There should be a Balloon Popz game that can be played in Whimsy Wonders that should help get you back on track.

As a friendly reminder, we also ask that this thread be reserved for technical issues with the game only. Game questions and information can be posted in the Amusement World! Forum here:

Amusement World! Forum

Happy gaming,

bfgSeine

Edited on 10/16/2012 at 1:26:15 PM PST

ldyarwen
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by ldyarwen on Oct 19, 12 5:25 AM
Every time I have played this game, when it gets to the bumper car game in Titanville, it freezes with a blank playing field for the 4th set. I can get through 1, 2, and 3, but when the 4th time to play comes up, it gives me a blank playing field and freezes. I have to hit ALT+CNTL+DEL and shut it down through my task manager. Once past that point, it is okay. I can go back into it and just skip the final bumper car game, but I don't get the prize awarded for it. (Like the boots, cape, or whatever is given). I am running on Windows Vista with plenty of memory, but can't figure out what is happening here. I love this game, but would like to be able to get through the whole thing with all the prizes, all the extras. Please advise. Thanks.

Missing Sunglasses

[Post New]by chele53 on Nov 26, 13 5:02 PM
I'm in chapter two in Titanopolis WarpSpeed and I can't finish the HOG because the item I'm supposed to find isn't there. The request is for three sunglasses according to the walkthrough and I'm supposed to be finding a pair of sunglasses but the three that are shown in the walkthrough have already been found. There is no other object I can choose and the "hint" button doesn't offer any hints. I really don't want to go out and log in as a different user or uninstall the game. Is there anything I can do about an HOG object that is no longer in the scene?

Go to: