bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Reviews for Amusement World!

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Aug 27, 12 12:18 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Amusement World!? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Amusement World! page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBiwa

Edited on 09/24/2012 at 12:50:27 AM PST

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Re:Reviews for Amusement World!

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Aug 27, 12 12:18 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBiwa

RyeMcLaughlin
Stingray
Stingray
4,659 Posts

[Post New]by RyeMcLaughlin on Aug 27, 12 8:26 AM
I played for most of the hour demo in two sittings.

A princess has created an amusement park for her subjects. You are there playing the games and helping to make sure everything is ready for the big ball in the evening. There are four sections to the park, you have to finish one to get to the next, but all games can be replayed to increase your score.

There are tiny gumdrops (not sure why) to find as well as tickets. You can't play the carnival games without the tickets.

There were two carnival style games, one was a pop the balloon with a dart. Some balloons had to be hit more than once, other exploded into multiple balloons that had to be popped. The other was a hit the target with a ball. With both, you have to play three rounds, each time winning a bigger prize. I liked these, but they are timed, which might turn off some.

In the time I played I found several HOGs (which you can not leave once you trigger them, even by quitting and restarting the game). Some HOGs lead to more things to find, sometimes 10 of an item, or a FROG. Sometimes you have to leave an area to find the pieces. There are also puzzles, the one I played was a rotate items to get matching pieces together. Simple, but it had a different mechanic that was nice.

I really want to like this. I like the carnival games, which are timed and have casual and expert modes. It's a little HOG heavy though, with no interactive items. It seems a little dated. I think the people are supposed to be fun and cheerful, but they are just weird. Not a game I need to purchase right now.

happyasaclam
Minnow
Minnow
292 Posts

[Post New]by happyasaclam on Sep 24, 12 2:12 AM
hi fishes this to me is anew dev . just like to say welcome to them. i enjoyed this game nice bright colors has lots to do mimns so far are fun it has w s for me it has to play modes voice overs at times were well done.for me this game is well done. nice to see a upbeat kind of game love the eye candy and the candy shopyummy. this is abuy for me hope to see more from them.i will say the hour flew by fast you get all the goodies in this se i think. nice to see the dev swim in the pond.at least try the demo if we want more upbeat /fun games like this the dev need to know it have fun fishes ps when it comes to the balloons not as easy as you think with all there is to do i think it will bea long game also two modes means twice the fun. have fun fishes i am off to buy i give this a 5 rember its ase not ace

Lauralei
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by Lauralei on Sep 24, 12 6:08 AM
Oh my word, I'm so frustrated. I love amusement parks and carnivals, I took one look at the game and I could hear the calliope music, and smell the popcorn, cotton candy and grilled sausage. "Step right up. Try your luck. Anyone can win!'' I can't play it, though. I hate HO games and couldn't even find enough tickets to get started. Then, apparently, I ran out of hints because the hint button no longer worked. So, with only five tickets and two gumdrops I quit.

I read other reviews and the game looks like so much fun. Oh, well.

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Sep 24, 12 8:08 AM
this game was just ok for me, i reached the second level but got bored quickly

Nortank
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by Nortank on Sep 24, 12 8:20 AM
There are 4 completely different areas of the park - 4 fun stories. Warning to anyone who has problems with FLASHING LIGHTS, there are several instances of flashing in the last area - the spooky place.

Most of the mini-games weren't very hard in casual mode, the HO parts were difficult enough to be challenging to an HO-addict like me. I did use the hint button several times, especially when looking for tickets, because they were such different colors and well hidden.

I liked the game's quirky sense of humour and the very varied graphics.

Bink_In_AK
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by Bink_In_AK on Sep 24, 12 1:26 PM
Maybe as a DD...

Not a bad game, just not something I want to pay full price for.

mary102696
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mary102696 on Sep 24, 12 2:04 PM
Definite buy for me. I saw preview screenshots on this website that previews/reviews casual games and couldn't wait to try it. The hidden object screens are gorgeous to look at and fun to play. Then you have to collect stuff for different reasons and play all these different carnival games. So glad it went on sale today!!!

Csustar
Clownfish
Clownfish
565 Posts

[Post New]by Csustar on Sep 24, 12 2:22 PM
Welcome to the new developer!
I was excited about the timed mode in this game, but getting into, found for me, it was too much HOG, as a TM & strategy game lover, it did not push my happy button.
Never could find all the gumdrops For me were hard to find.
The one thing I enjoyed the most was popping the ballons and throwing the balls, but I played them in casual mode, and could imagine how hard they may have been in expert. Oh yeah, the mini game of putting the tea cups on the correct color area, ACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally passed on it, but wanted to do it, but drove me bonkers.
I loved the graphics and the fact it was not a dark, creepy, kind of game.
I hope the developers will give us some TM, Strategy or combo thereof in the future.

Edited on 09/24/2012 at 2:27:32 PM PST

[Post New]by RenaissanceMom on Sep 24, 12 7:42 PM
Just demo'd the game. Although it's too juvenile to keep me interested (and I knew it would be but couldn't resist ) I think it's a fun and adorable game for kids and for families to play together.

Edited on 09/24/2012 at 7:42:23 PM PST

[Post New]by JES1965 on Sep 25, 12 5:19 AM
This is definitely a baby game....I couldn't play the demo all the way through I was that bored. But kids might like it!

[Post New]by HeadRightGames on Sep 25, 12 8:17 AM

Edited on 09/27/2012 at 3:51:58 AM PST

bookwriter
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by bookwriter on Sep 25, 12 8:34 AM
I'm sure it's just me but I had a terrible time knowing what to do. I got stuck in the very beginning, not knowing where to go or what to click on, how to get out of an area, etc...there were no directions. I figured the frustrations that were happening this early in the game would only continue, so it is a definite no buy for me. I don't even want to try. What a shame because it looked really fun.

Edited on 09/25/2012 at 8:34:55 AM PST

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Sep 25, 12 11:37 AM
Not good at playing the games and tickets were so hard to see and find. Not a game I would like to own.. It's a bomb to me..

[Post New]by HeadRightGames on Sep 25, 12 11:45 AM

Edited on 09/27/2012 at 3:52:35 AM PST

lym_1609
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
431 Posts

[Post New]by lym_1609 on Sep 25, 12 7:00 PM
I am not really sure I do like this game enough to buy it. Its quite a lot of HOGs and very very small items well blended into the scenes

The puzzles were actually more based on skills than logic, eg, throwing a ball/dart to hit a certain character eg a clown, a monkey etc and finally getting the Big prize in order to proceed, NO Skip for this sort of skill/chance game. Its chance coz sometimes the arrangement or ballons or characters are easier to hit.

After winning the big prize u are given something useful, then u are again thrown into another HOGs and having to search all over scenes for those small small very small items.

Throughout the game u also collect sweets (there are 20 colorful candies), again so small that u need a microscope! I only played trial so I cant say what was the use of those candies.

Graphics is good but a bit too much and tend to "overflow" your visual ability to focus on objects (esp when looking for tickets, sweets etc). YES last but not least, u ALWAYS have to collect exactly 10 tickets to enter a certain contest such as pop the ballon, hit the clown etc. If u don't win the big prize, surprise! u cant proceed!

I may consider if this is given free eg via a borrowed copy from the library or whatever, otherwise I think I will skip. I didnt check whether there was a walkthrough like all the candies highlighted, but I can imagine my own hair tearing experience if I were to find these and they count towards getting to another part of the game!

For those that like more or less straight HOGs with skill puzzles thrown in, you may like it, otherwise you have been warned! You are in an amusement park, you are not supposed to bring a lot brains into it! Relax and just try to play it through

JanG7
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

[Post New]by JanG7 on Sep 26, 12 5:17 PM
I finally finished the game. I had to take a few days off from playing this game due to a summer cold (its still feels like summer here in sunny Florida).

I must say, I haven't had so much fun in a game for a very long time. Granted, there wasn't a whole lot of challenges, but I beleive this game is just meant to be FUN.

I enjoyed it very much and I hope the devs don't give up because they have a lot of potential.

I especially liked the carnival games. Reminded me of all the money I spent at the carnival playing games. This game was a whole lot cheaper at $6.99 than actually going to the carnival.

Happy gaming.

JanG7

Edited on 09/26/2012 at 5:18:20 PM PST

leesmusic
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by leesmusic on Sep 28, 12 12:15 PM
Amusement World is the best and most fun game that has come along. It is so mush better than all the death,darkness,evil and stolen for ransom. Amusement World is actually AMUSING and LOTS of FUN. Thanks BIG FISH you got this one RIGHT.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Oct 4, 12 12:26 AM
I thought this was a TM game, so I didn't bother checking it out...but on a different site that had a whole list of new hogs in the pipeline, this one was there. So I came back, checked it out, and bought it. It is quite fun actually. Didn't find all the gumdrops, or the eyes, either, but I did get all the doubloons Found the arcade games fun because I didn't have to be an expert to get through them, lol. Saving the haunted house for later, as eyes are now tired. I think my grandsons will have fun with this one too. Glad I didn't miss out

Go to: