paper in grand entrance hell

[Post New]by Betcon on Aug 27, 12 12:08 PM
can anyone tell me how to get the paper to use the charcoal on. I keep trying the bag but it won't open.

Re:paper in grand entrance hell

[Post New]by Betcon on Aug 27, 12 3:30 PM
meant to put an a sorry if I offended anyone!where do I get the paper? I tried clicking on bag but all it gives me is the charcoal.

[Post New]by angelfether0281 on Aug 27, 12 11:13 PM
Hi there!

The paper is tacked onto a pillar in plain sight. =)

Hope that helped!

Cheers!

[Post New]by Betcon on Aug 28, 12 6:56 AM
no paper on any pillar. is there a glitch?

Ravenjo
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Ravenjo on Aug 28, 12 3:07 PM
I am having the same problem.

[Post New]by kellyb20 on Aug 29, 12 1:46 AM
I am having the same problem, does anyone know how to find the paper?

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Aug 29, 12 2:33 AM
Hm no glitch about this.
It is an interractive scene.
Have you opened the satchel to find the paper and the charcoal when the outline has appeared?
Cheers

Edited on 08/29/2012 at 2:34:18 AM PST

littletanpom
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by littletanpom on Aug 29, 12 11:36 AM
I accidentally dropped the charcoal and it took me forever to find it! I originally had the paper but it disappeared! When I exit out of the scene I can clearly see the paper on the pillar above the "Y" but when you go into the scene - there is NO paper any more! Has anyone figured out where the paper went to and how to get it so "all" of us can move on without restarting? I will not be happy if I have to restart!

Ravenjo
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Ravenjo on Aug 29, 12 11:48 AM
I am not happy now. seems that I am going to have to restart after hours of play in the wonderful game...spoke live chat yesterday and they did not have an immediate answer but did ask me if I wanted a refund...I said let me try one more time because I like this game....darn it!~

[Post New]by Betcon on Aug 29, 12 11:49 AM
I started the game over and when I got to the hall entered the scene and The Paper was there so did the charcoal and paper before I lost it. Then continued on. Thanks for the help anyway everyone.

littletanpom
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by littletanpom on Aug 29, 12 11:54 AM
OK people I someone gave a hint and I tried it and it works! I found the paper! What you have to do is change your resolution. I had to go down to around 1100 to get it to work for me but I got the paper and finally can more on. Try it, I think it will work for those of you who have lost the paper (like me) or the charcoal. One person said "don't drop anything". That is very sound advice! Good luck.

[Post New]by RainbowExplorer on Aug 29, 12 3:08 PM
I contacted Boomzap directly about having lost the piece of paper, along with the charcoal "pen" underneath the bag of ashes, in the entrance hall HOG. The following is what they put in their e-mail response to me:

I’m Ran, the lead designer for The Skyward Castle. I’ve received your email, and here’s what can be done:

If the piece of paper has gotten stuck under the barrel (hidden by the interface), it should still be possible to retrieve it. Click around slowly under the interface (avoiding the ‘exit’ cursor hotspots) until you hear the sound of the paper being picked up (a sort of dry-paper rasp) – the paper should attach to the mouse. You can then drag it out from underneath the interface.

We’ve found the cause of this particular bug and will be fixing this particular issue very soon. Thank you for purchasing The Skyward Castle, and for your love and patience! Please let us know if this has solved your conundrum.

Cheers,
Ran and the Awakening team.

Ravenjo
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Ravenjo on Aug 31, 12 9:48 AM
Man, and I restarted the whole thing again. Redoing the game again has been fun, but not challenging. Maybe I will go back and listen for the "rustle" thanks everyone and have a super Labor Day.

PCyra
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by PCyra on Sep 12, 12 6:57 PM
I lost the paper too. then i had to replay the entire game to get the paper back in it's original place. but i still dont know how to get past this quest. charcoal and paper is only clickable item on the screen but even when i drag either one to the other, it doesnt do anything. it's weird. what am i supposed to do? how do you get past this quest. the quest initially requires you to find items on screen. now 2 last items left are a sign and a charcoal. nothing works. i practically clicked the entire screen.... this is frustrating. someone help lol

[Post New]by RedCat35 on Sep 13, 12 3:54 AM
Ran - your advice worked! I clicked very carefully on the interface (where the objects to be found are) going all over, and managed to "grab" the paper near the barrel that had fallen over. Thank you SO much.

[Post New]by rFaung on Sep 16, 12 7:36 AM
Click menu for Paused and click Stategy Guide.
You'll See.

Go to: