bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Jar of Marbles II: Journey to the West

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Aug 28, 12 12:29 AM
Embark on an epic journey and relive one of the great works of Chinese literature in Jar of Marbles II: Journey to the West! This thrilling physics based Match 3 puzzle game chronicles the fantastic life of Sansang, a monk that defied an emperor and went on a quest for the truth in a time of war. Solve puzzles in beautiful hand drawn environments and meet Sansang's fantastic companions, the Monkey King, Dragon Prince and others.

Edited on 08/30/2012 at 1:13:57 AM PST

moonladydi
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,113 Posts

Re:Jar of Marbles II: Journey to the West

[Post New]by moonladydi on Aug 28, 12 3:54 AM
This is a completely different M3 game. Interesting premis, dropping marbles into a bowl and hoping they roll to others the same colour. There is only a certain amount of aiming you can do. Worst thing is that it has a Timer. Only played a few minutes of the Demo before I'd had enough of it.

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Aug 28, 12 6:34 AM
Thanks for explaining how the game play works, moonladydi ,

I love a good M3, so let down once again, that it is not a M3 that I would purchase.
I wouldn't even call this game a M3, it should be in with the marble shooter games, just MHO though.

Edited on 08/28/2012 at 6:36:45 AM PST

woodythepecker
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by woodythepecker on Aug 28, 12 3:15 PM
Is this the right place for this? I didn't see a thread marked "comments"

[Post New]by woodythepecker on Aug 28, 12 6:19 AM
Gee, a timed marble game. That would explain the multitude of posts in this forum that are just gushing with praise and kudos.

A timed marble game . . . really???

Edited on 08/28/2012 at 3:17:30 PM PST

PinkSprinkles
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by PinkSprinkles on Aug 28, 12 7:31 PM
I'm giving this game a try. I ran out of time 20 min into it and it is suggesting I use a power up,...I can't figure out how the power ups are used!! Anyone played long enough to figure it out?

[Post New]by WhackyMole on Aug 29, 12 9:03 PM
Did it suggest you use an hourglass?

If you match the hourglasses together, you get to keep them. If you have hourglasses or other things in the jar, you can connect 4 to make the "power wheel" on the left light up. This thing grabs marbles out of the jar if they are something like the hourglass or bomb, and otherwise blows up a bunch of marbles in the jar to make it go faster.

I find connecting 4 to be relatively easy until you start getting to the mountain. It's snowing up there by the way and marbles are frozen and now I'm riding a horse which is kind of funny. Logically, the fire melts the ice.

Honestly, I don't know why people seem so shocked by a timed match 3 game because almost every single match 3 game I've ever played is timed and I never minded. I only ran out of time once so far in this game once and I just tried again and passed. There doesn't seem to be any penalty at all to try again. Even if you use an hourglass and fail, you get it back. It only takes it if you use it and pass the level.

dakini
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by dakini on Sep 10, 12 2:07 AM
The demo seems like about as much as I really want to do. It's pretty and the music isn't bad but frustration over not being able to predict how the marbles will fall. Not so much

[Post New]by bkjohnson on Dec 29, 12 8:00 AM
I have an error code 809 that I cannot find anything about or how to rectify it. Please help. bettykjohnson@cox.net

Go to: