bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Monument Builders: Statue of Liberty technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 29, 12 12:35 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

Re:Post any Monument Builders: Statue of Liberty technical issues here only

[Post New]by bella81762 on Aug 29, 12 5:58 AM
twice now, when i would click to start a level, the game would go gray, as if it were starting, then wouldnt load....no big deal, i just had to hit the windows button, and right click to shut the game down, and when i restarted it was fine...

wxman77477
Clownfish
Clownfish
557 Posts

[Post New]by wxman77477 on Aug 29, 12 6:33 AM
bella81762 wrote:twice now, when i would click to start a level, the game would go gray, as if it were starting, then wouldnt load....no big deal, i just had to hit the windows button, and right click to shut the game down, and when i restarted it was fine...

I had the same problem, but easy to fix.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 29, 12 6:46 AM
Hi Fishies,

I have had that happen to me too.

As far as I can tell, the best thing to do is to exit the game and re-enter as bella81762 suggested.

Just to let you know, we are currently looking into this and if you have the time flagging this to Tech Support will help us while we investigate.

Thank you and I hope this helps,

bfgBaikal

Edited on 08/29/2012 at 6:52:43 AM PST

joni61
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by joni61 on Aug 29, 12 9:32 AM
i just downloaded this game, went to pour a cup of coffee, came back, and my trial expired, without even starting play!!

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Aug 29, 12 10:03 AM
Got to level 4 and the play button for the next level was grayed out. Exiting back to the main menu and then returning to the level map fixed the problem, though.

Sante001
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by Sante001 on Aug 29, 12 10:22 AM
I have the same problem. It started at level 2 and again at level 4. The screen goes grey. At level 4, while the screen when grey, I was able to see "cancel" and "play" but I was not able to click on the "play."

[Post New]by kima045 on Aug 29, 12 10:23 AM
I cant get level one to work. The ruins do not show up. I have no clue where they are I just click around until a green arrow comes up but I cant find them all to clear level one.......

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Aug 29, 12 11:25 AM
Hi joni61,

It sounds like something may have happened while the trial version was downloading.

Please try uninstalling and reinstalling the game, as that usually gets everything straightened out with the trial timer. You can read more about how to do that in the help article here.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Aug 29, 12 11:28 AM
Hi Howatch, Sante001 and kima045,

From what you're describing, I think a good first step would be to run the game in Administrator Mode. This ensures the game has all the permissions it needs to play correctly. You can read more about how to make that adjustment in the help article here.

If you try that and the game is still not working correctly, please get in touch with our Tech Support team. They have the tools to see how the game is running on your particular system and can give you some more specific troubleshooting steps.

You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

bfgMonongahela

Edited on 08/29/2012 at 11:28:46 AM PST

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Aug 29, 12 1:41 PM
Thank you, bfgMonongahela. I am running the game in Administrator Mode when the problem occurs, so will send a note off to Customer Support.

shazoz
Guppy
Guppy
140 Posts

[Post New]by shazoz on Aug 30, 12 5:15 AM
I am also having the same problem. The first two levels were fine. The problem started at level three. I am going to re-download it & see if that helps.

wxman77477
Clownfish
Clownfish
557 Posts

[Post New]by wxman77477 on Aug 30, 12 6:22 AM
Twice I have the game "locks up" and I have to close the game and restart. Obviously, I lose any progress on the specific level I am working on.

moesart
Minnow
Minnow
242 Posts

[Post New]by moesart on Aug 30, 12 6:32 AM
bella81762 wrote:twice now, when i would click to start a level, the game would go gray, as if it were starting, then wouldnt load....no big deal, i just had to hit the windows button, and right click to shut the game down, and when i restarted it was fine...

Wow Bella, thanks for that tip. New computer, didn't know what to do when the game froze.

[Post New]by kima045 on Aug 30, 12 9:49 AM
Tried running in Admin mode...still same issue. Thanks for the help!

jlewis228
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by jlewis228 on Aug 30, 12 9:55 AM
I loved the first two Monument Builders so bought this one instead of demoing it first. However, like other here I can't see the ruins or the paths and have to click all over and hope I click the right spot.

I uninstalled and re-installed and have administrative privileges but still can't see anything other than the company office and the "foreman" guy.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Aug 30, 12 10:26 AM
Hi Fishies,

Thanks for sharing more info about what's going on with the display in this game. It is unusual that it comes up at different times, and after things like switching to another program while the game is running.

Since the suggestion in my post above didn't help, it really would be great if you could all send in a Dr. Felix Report to our Tech Support team, along with the specifics of where the issue came up for you. Having as many Dr. Felixes as possible will help Tech Support narrow down what's causing this issue so they can start addressing it with the developer.

You can read more about how to run the Dr. Felix and send it along with your support email in the post we've created here.

Thanks so much!!

bfgMonongahela

jlewis228
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by jlewis228 on Aug 30, 12 3:59 PM
I ran and sent in a Dr. Felix report. However, I'm pretty sure that I will be told it's my computer having done this before and that is always the answer - not the game it's your computer even though several other people have the same issues.

shelleyleo
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by shelleyleo on Aug 30, 12 5:03 PM
I'm unable to run the game in full screen mode. I can see the game screen, but it's "wobbly" and therefore really not playable. It jitters horribly up and down until I manage to go in and turn off full screen mode. This happens both when running as administrator and when running it normally.

I'm on relatively new ATI video drivers for my 5770 (updating drivers is an option if I absolutely have to, but I'd prefer not to as I run this set of drivers for other games to be compatible and run fine), the system is decently beefy and new, but I do know that my monitor isn't as standard of a resolution as many widescreens out there - it's a 24" with 1920*1200 resolution and I'm unwilling to change my resolution. Am I just out of luck or has anyone encountered this and have a fix?

shazoz
Guppy
Guppy
140 Posts

[Post New]by shazoz on Aug 30, 12 5:27 PM
OK so I have gotten past the issue of the levels not loading ( after re-installing the game & working out that if I just go back to menu, rather than using task manager to quit out all together) but I am now on level 3-5 and have a problem with the game just freezing, right in the middle of a crucial skill level!) It is like it has information overload & just STOPS! aaaggh!

Go to: