bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

FUN FOR $2.99

[Post New]by bratzgram on Aug 29, 12 6:00 AM
When I started playing this I thought OMG tiny objects to find,old graphics and just plain lame game

I always try to give a game a fair chance and this looks well worth the sale price. It moves along very fast. Yes, it's easy to play but the story is a good one and it's a great relief from what we've been seeing.

I don't know how long it is but from some of the reviews I've seen you can't go wrong with this deal.
I was shocked when the hour demo ended! It seemed like I only played half the time I did.
I'm taking it Give a chance.

After I left this post I checked the walkthrough for length. I played 5 out of 25 chapters during the demo so it looks like it will be a fantastic deal!!!

Edited on 08/29/2012 at 6:03:28 AM PST

luvpumpkns
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

Re:FUN FOR $2.99

[Post New]by luvpumpkns on Aug 29, 12 6:54 AM
agree! it's not something i would pay full price for(as some of the original reviews state, it is rather easy and the animation/storyline seem more suited for younger or first-time players) but it's a deal for 2.99 and is long enough so you really feel like you get your money's worth. the light-hearted style/graphics is always a nice change from the doom and gloom trend that's been going on for the last year or so. a definite buy for me this morning.

njmathews
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by njmathews on Aug 29, 12 10:09 AM
Also agree! Logged in this morning hoping for something relaxing as a DD, but not just a straight HOG. The puzzles are simple enough to be fun, while still requiring some thought to work through. I also like the short chapters that are "self-contained"; while there is still a storyline which threads the chapters together, the puzzles are completed within that chapter. I can go away for a few days and come back without having to figure out where I left off. I completed two chapters in about 20 minutes, so lots of fun for $2.99! No stress - just some light gaming. Try it!

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Aug 29, 12 10:41 AM

While the storyline is very good, I have to admit that I found the mini-games (tanagrams, especially and tracks) to be EXTREMELY frustrating.

While you can pick up and rotate the tanagram pieces, you CANNOT pick up and REMOVE said pieces back to the pile AND you were provided with an EXTREMELY limited amount of pieces at a time so when you see a piece that you KNOW will fit an area better (wasn't in the pile earlier) you CAN"T replace an already placed tile with another.

In addition to that, because you KNOW you've got 1 misplaced tile but only have a few tiles to work with (which you CANNOT place until the next proper one is placed) and because you CAN'T replace the proper tile in a place that's already occupied, you become STUCK.

I REALLY like tanagrams but only if you can either set a tile on an already placed one to remove it or just be able to remove the placed tile back to the pile.

I also had a problem with the train tracks due to the fact that I could only seem to place tracks to dead ends; since completing this game, I looked at the walkthrough and apparently THAT'S EXACTLY what a player is supposed to do and THEN switch the tracks again to allow the train to properly exit. HUH??? Why in the world would a person think to "dead-end" oneself before resetting towards the proper exit?

Anyway, I DID like this game but REALLY HATED having to skip almost all of the mini-games.

MENr56

Edited on 08/29/2012 at 10:43:05 AM PST

Go to: