bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Gothic Fiction: Dark Saga Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 30, 12 12:35 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Re:Post any Gothic Fiction: Dark Saga Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Aug 30, 12 4:16 AM
holy moly, the entire game froze, then the computer trying to open the car door with the hook.
aweful lot of light shows in this game.
kris

luvtoread
Manatee
Manatee
4,081 Posts

Re:Post any Gothic Fiction: Dark Saga Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by luvtoread on Aug 30, 12 4:37 AM
so, 2 error access violations. Game shuts off, then I restart.
This did not happen in beta.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 30, 12 5:22 AM
Hi luvtoread and kris_cross48,

It is never very nice to have a game freeze up on you or return an error message!

When a game freezes, it normally indicates that the computer is having a hard time running the game. To remedy this, I would suggest having a look at the following help article which has some great advice on how to update the elements that display and run your game.

An Access Violation message appearing while playing your game is generally related to your computer’s graphics configuration not matching what the game requires in order to run smoothly so again, the following help article will help you to overcome this.

If either of you would like us to have a look at this with you though, we would be happy to do so.

You can contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page and one of our reps would be happy to assist you!

I hope this is helpful,

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by Grandmajacky on Aug 30, 12 6:01 AM
I'm outside the auditorium door, I've put the little man's limbs back together and the door opened, however I couldn't go through, I exited the scene and went back, now the door is shut and I can't access the little man or go through the door, help please.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Aug 30, 12 7:11 AM
end game,, guide says place magic energy on alter,,,,i did,,,only thing left in inventory is spear of dawn,,

after placing magic energy, according to guide supposed to be a cutscene,,,,,there is not.......anyone else

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 30, 12 7:45 AM
Hi Fishies,

Grandmajacky - you might want to try uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if that helps.

If not, creating a new player profile is another option, but please keep in mind that doing this would require you to start over from the beginning.

bella81762 - that sounds very odd and so I would encourage you to contact contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page. They will be glad to investigate this for you and provide some suggestions.

Thanks!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 08/30/2012 at 7:46:45 AM PST

lewislynda
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by lewislynda on Aug 30, 12 8:20 AM
I am also having problems with the end game, the witche's book. I don't know what to do. There is no witche's book to place on the table. All it does is open, no cut screen. What do I do now???

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Aug 30, 12 8:49 AM
contact cs,,,seems to be a glitch

tquinlivan
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by tquinlivan on Aug 30, 12 9:56 AM
bella and lewis, I had the same problem at first. What has happened is that you don't have all the pages of the book in the lower right. You have to find all 24 pages.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Aug 30, 12 11:02 AM
thanks....

[Post New]by NancySusan on Aug 30, 12 12:16 PM
Cursor slow and sluggish and scene changes interminable. Got out of the game and deleted it.

[Post New]by Grandmajacky on Aug 30, 12 12:21 PM
Thanks, I started a new profile and played again, no hardship there cos I enjoyed the unique puzzles soooo much, the new profile played straight through without any issues, I'm so glad as I would have really hated to abandon such a brill game.

[Post New]by juttawalker on Aug 30, 12 12:38 PM
Hi
i am getting the error violation to,this is to sad,i like this game
i cant reload all the time,i am on satellite internet and on a limit download

[Post New]by coppercobra on Aug 30, 12 1:46 PM
Game freezes, cursor is sticking, error messages. Same with the last devs game, Redemption Cemetary, bought it and can't play because of cursor issues in the ship. New computer and I have tried the reload process. Such a disappointment. I was a fan of this devs games, but too many technical issues lately. I will not be buying another.

Edited on 08/30/2012 at 1:48:40 PM PST

bfgCimarron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,902 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCimarron on Aug 30, 12 2:21 PM
Hi everyone,

For those running into a slow/sluggish game, one thing I've found can help is shutting down any programs running in the background. In addition to that, one work around is to lower graphics settings a bit and that can sometimes help run the game a little better. If you click here and scroll down to the section titled "Adjusting graphics settings" the article will walk you through some tips.

For those running into trouble with access violation errors, we've got another help article that goes over what causes these and a few steps on how to clear them up - you can find this by clicking here

However if you try these, or if your computer has no trouble running other games, but this one is giving you trouble, pleased don't hesitate to get in contact with our Customer Support team. One of our reps will be happy to help take a closer look at your game with you and help in anyway they can. More information on how to get in contact with them can be found by clicking here

I hope this helps!

bfgCimarron

Mary8938
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Mary8938 on Aug 30, 12 2:23 PM
Game won't install. I keep getting the message that Flash Player is needed. I have Flash Player 11 already installed. Any suggestions on what I can do?

harrold
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by harrold on Aug 31, 12 4:05 AM
why do these ce games keep crashing on me

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 31, 12 6:19 AM
Hi Fishies,

Mary8938 - it may be a good idea to try reinstalling your Flash player to make sure you have the most up to date version.

Sometimes if the current Flash player is damaged, it will prevent updates from being installed so the best thing to do is uninstall and reinstall it again.

harrold - Some CE games can be quite graphically intensive so I would suggest having a look at the following help article which has some great advice on how to update the elements that display your game:

If the problems persist, or either of you would like some help with this, please feel free to get in touch with Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

There is a Contact Us link to the right of the Help pages and one of our reps will be happy to take a look at this with you.

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by Mafuane on Aug 31, 12 9:20 AM
I have the same problem as a few other people. Firstly the game won't install properly unless you download flash through internet explorer, for some strange reason. Also you have to download flash even though you have the latest up to date version.

I have lag with the game as well, as soon as the game starts on the menu screen, the cursor is sticky and the sound will also lag. If you go onto options (if you can) and click on custom cursor it'll return you to your original cursor, this worked for me for a while but eventually even that started sticking. I also can't open the game in windows mode because it doesn't support my screen apparently, so that is out.

Looking at my frame rate, it's at 900 throughout, and I have a good graphics card and all latest drivers. Still stumped.

Go to: