blabbitfan86
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,024 Posts

Re:Post your Midnight Castle (PC) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by blabbitfan86 on Jan 5, 15 2:55 PM
THANK GOODNESS!!! Thank goodness I haven't trusted my game just in the hands of BGF tech support. I have made a backup copy of my game progress every day after I log out and I attached that backup copy now in place of this new file with the wrong game, logged in and voilá all was restored nothing lost! I don't know if tech support could have restored the game but fortunately I had taken precautions. They don't let people know about this backup copy thing because they can't officially say that that's what we should do because they can't be responsible if someone tries to do it and does something wrong and loses everything but I was taught by a fellow player here and am forever grateful: TAZRUBY, you're a ROCKSTAR! At least I think it was you who taught me, heh, my memory isn't as good as it used to be. But if you know how to make a backup copy of your game then you should in order to prevent events like this from happening!

[Post New]by Alceaa on Jan 5, 15 3:34 PM
Exactly the same thing happened to me ... was in the game when message come that Christmas was over, pressed ok and it reseted me to a new player with new ID level 1
Unfortunately my last backup is from before Christmas event... will try to uninstall and reinstall but I doubt it will bring my game back

sbaker2318
Manatee
Manatee
4,187 Posts

[Post New]by sbaker2318 on Jan 5, 15 4:06 PM
I am so glad you guys backed up your game!! It probably was Taz who helps everyone (including me) with their backups and computer problems. I backed up my game this morning as it was acting weird and it was making me nervous

Just a reminder to everyone..........BACK UP, BACK UP, BACK UP!!

margiec47
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by margiec47 on Jan 5, 15 6:25 PM
I have been having trouble with losing my progress. I do lots of stuff and even go up one level and then close down. When I log on again later I am one level down and everything I did was gone. Is anyone else having this problem?

moonfell
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by moonfell on Jan 5, 15 7:16 PM
Alceaa wrote:Exactly the same thing happened to me ... was in the game when message come that Christmas was over, pressed ok and it reseted me to a new player with new ID level 1
Unfortunately my last backup is from before Christmas event... will try to uninstall and reinstall but I doubt it will bring my game back

-------------moonfell
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts
Re ost your Midnight Castle (PC) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by moonfell on Jan 2, 15 4:36 AM
j was off line for several days when if signed back on it put at the very beginning of the game. just going into the castle. what goes, please may i have my game back. was at level 53. thank you.
Gavi-Tn #2411 ----------------- thought I was the only one. Does anyone know or think they restore these lost efforts. It really did take a lot of time to get to level #53, don't how I had in flowers/snowflakes, I was waiting for the next upgrade.Had all but two pets (plush panda and one other, had all the Xmas pets. Started over at #1 with nothing. Lost all the friends. Ugh!!!!!!!!!!!
Gavi-Tn 241188/404876

moonfell
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by moonfell on Jan 5, 15 7:16 PM
Alceaa wrote:Exactly the same thing happened to me ... was in the game when message come that Christmas was over, pressed ok and it reseted me to a new player with new ID level 1

-------------moonfell
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts
Re ost your Midnight Castle (PC) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by moonfell on Jan 2, 15 4:36 AM
j was off line for several days when if signed back on it put at the very beginning of the game. just going into the castle. what goes, please may i have my game back. was at level 53. thank you.
Gavi-Tn #2411 ----------------- thought I was the only one. Does anyone know or think they restore these lost efforts. It really did take a lot of time to get to level #53, don't how I had in flowers/snowflakes, I was waiting for the next upgrade.Had all but two pets (plush panda and one other, had all the Xmas pets. Started over at #1 with nothing. Lost all the friends. Ugh!!!!!!!!!!!
Gavi-Tn 241188/404876

djork
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by djork on Jan 5, 15 7:43 PM
Restore my game, I don't even think to start it again; I'm or was!!! level #43, now I'm #0. I lost my coins, my diamonds, my pets, my friends, my quest, EVERYTHING!!!!! Please, I'm an old "client" and it could be for a short time, because if you don't fix this issue, give my money back, I stil have 2 game credits pending and unsubscribe me.

Edited on 01/10/2015 at 11:37:32 AM PST

[Post New]by dmelissa1962 on Jan 5, 15 9:08 PM
AT 12:00 am 1/6/15 I lost everything my entire game is gone. Help I was on level 20 had 4 pets, two christmas pets, and over 50,00.00 coins and a bunch of diamonds they are all gone.

I was really enjoying this game and I was playing for hours. Will I get my original game back after you find the fix?

Edited on 01/07/2015 at 6:48:32 AM PST

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Jan 5, 15 9:13 PM
WTH? I was online when midnight 1/6 hit, it brought up a screen saying all good things must come to an end and attempted to give me gifts. I tried clicking on the OK but it wouldn't take until I somehow clicked "behind" the OK button and on the gifts, then it let me click on OK. After that, it self-restarted the game at the very beginning and has switched me to that for good. My last personal backup is a month old, am I royally screwed here? I had been enjoying the game much more since the Christmas content started, but if I have to repeat the last 3 or more level to get back to where I was I've had it.
ETA: RosieB VT/USA 79487

Edited on 01/06/2015 at 6:50:31 AM PST

ferball82
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by ferball82 on Jan 5, 15 9:46 PM
Game ID 109144, prior to midnight EST, I was at level 53 with 36 diamonds, 75k gold and very healthy inventory. Now I am back to level 1 and as game ID 407611! Is this correctable?

Edited on 01/05/2015 at 9:48:57 PM PST

bfgMurrumbidgee
1,338 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMurrumbidgee on Jan 5, 15 10:10 PM
G'day,

I wanted to stop in and let you know that I have sent the details of the message that is being seen and the error that is occurring to our team who will work with the developers to get to the bottom of this for all impacted users.

This does appear to be unrelated to the iOS issue that was mostly resolved before the holidays, and as the forums team learns more about this matter we will be sure to update you.

bfgMurrumbidgee

Edited on 01/05/2015 at 10:12:37 PM PST

SweetNellyBly
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by SweetNellyBly on Jan 5, 15 11:28 PM
rosiebvt wrote:WTH? I was online when midnight 1/6 hit, it brought up a screen saying all good things must come to an end and attempted to give me gifts. I tried clicking on the OK but it wouldn't take until I somehow clicked "behind" the OK button and on the gifts, then it let me click on OK. After that, it self-restarted the game at the very beginning and has switched me to that for good. My last personal backup is a month old, am I royally screwed here? I had been enjoying the game much more since the Christmas content started, but if I have to repeat the last 3 or more level to get back to where I was I've had it.

Ditto...I am Pi**ed!!!!! You could have given a warning. If you can't bring my game back I'm out of here with my other 3 games and the time and money spent on them.

susanlnels
Clownfish
Clownfish
565 Posts

[Post New]by susanlnels on Jan 6, 15 12:52 AM
I have 3 games, I logged into my Suenamie2 game and I got that same message about "all good things coming to an end" and I all of a sudden was on level 2!!!!!!!!!! I had over 600 diamonds and was on level 23!!!!!!!!! I have not checked my other 2 games because I am afraid it will happen again. There is no way I would start over. I have been playing since July on my main game and since Sept. on this game. I have spent countless hours and hundreds of dollars on these games and there is no way I could go back to level 2. I pray they are able to restore my game. I sent them a "Dr Felix" report that they had asked for from another issue.

[Post New]by arcadiarose on Jan 6, 15 2:34 AM
Same here. It started me completely over to the beginning. I lost everything. I was level 47, I think. Over 18,000 coins, more than 224 diamonds, more than 20 pets, all but a few of the achievements, and more. All of it gone.

Uninstalling and reinstalling didn't help.

chris_2_4
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by chris_2_4 on Jan 6, 15 7:28 AM
Thanks for the warning, everyone, about that message - if I get it I will be sure to click on the X rather than the ok. How do you go about backing up the game? Just copy the entire folder somewhere else? Would that work for transfering the game to a new comp??

On another note: I love that the daily quest is currently cumulative, but is anybody else getting frustrated with getting everything but the one christmas thing you need (in my case, wreaths) when doing the scenes? I have just played through, needing 17 more wreaths to complete the quest again, and only received one from every HOS. Seems contrived to me

april3850
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,827 Posts

[Post New]by april3850 on Jan 6, 15 7:48 AM
Come on, whats going on? I got the the regular daily quests back at midnight and now 11hrs later I sign in and its Christmas again. COME ON, Please do something about this!!!!!! CHRISTMAS IS OVER!!!!!!!

bfgMurrumbidgee
1,338 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMurrumbidgee on Jan 6, 15 9:14 AM
Good morning,

I wanted pop in and let you know that we worked through the evening to prevent the issue reported here in the forums from having any further impact.

Investigations showed that this error was in part linked to the holiday event and this has been temporarily extended while we work on a fix both for the issue and for those impacted by it.

As soon as we know more we'll update you all.

bfgMurrumbidgee

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Jan 6, 15 9:20 AM
ETA: I restored a month-old data backup and it not only got my original player back, it got me to the point where the gifts locked up my system and started a new game at midnight. Whatever the devs did or didn't do, it worked. Thanks, guys!
RosieBVT 79487

sbaker2318
Manatee
Manatee
4,187 Posts

[Post New]by sbaker2318 on Jan 6, 15 9:43 AM
Rosie....so glad for you!

Chris........yes, the wreaths not a problem with me....mine is the santa hats.

dianatron
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by dianatron on Jan 6, 15 12:02 PM
Half way through my session last night, when message came on, saying all good things must come to an end,soo I finished in the old format. Today I am back to snow again. When it is totally fixed, what am I to do with all xmas cards and pets?

Go to: