Re:Post your Midnight Castle (iOS) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by Gregmeeuwissen on Jan 1, 17 2:15 AM
Well not really sure if it is wide spread but I'm experiencing no connection to midnight castle on my iPad

[Post New]by Lilliasea on Jan 1, 17 5:35 AM
I have purchased gems three times and keep getting gold coins. Yes, I've confirmed the gems page was up and not the gold page. At this point I'd keep the gold but the system is NOT allowing me to buy gems....only gold....

[Post New]by Lilliasea on Jan 1, 17 5:57 AM
Not one to quit I purchased another round of "gems", followed by the usual receipt that indicates $8.99 for 275 gems, this occurrence however popped up the spinning wheel followed by the gem counter indicating the correct amount of gems. Then screen dark followed by the game reappearing with the purchased gems missing.

Too expensive to keep this up. Please fix this glitch

Thank you

[Post New]by Lilliasea on Jan 1, 17 5:59 AM
And the sign in isn't working properly.

[Post New]by Lilliasea on Jan 1, 17 6:01 AM
Obviously previous post was not offensive. Accidental slide
Please fix gems and sign in issues

SweetNellyBly
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by SweetNellyBly on Jan 1, 17 4:45 PM
SERVER CONNECTION ISSUE!

Came up briefly, I lost all the hints collected.

[Post New]by annehaworth on Jan 1, 17 4:53 PM
im playing on pc and its coming up with retry or quit for connection. frustrating

[Post New]by Robbie_Anne on Jan 2, 17 1:39 AM
Gregmeeuwissen wrote:Well not really sure if it is wide spread but I'm experiencing no connection to midnight castle on my iPad

Likewise I had trouble with the Christmas room freezing again, so closed the game and went back in again, hoping to try to fix the problem, but I've been booted out non stop since ... that was around nine hours ago, still not resolved! And the castle challenge keeps ticking away ... Please help!!!!!

Edited on 01/02/2017 at 1:40:26 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
7,231 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jan 2, 17 10:16 AM
Hi Everyone,

The Moderation Team greatly appreciates players posting in this particular thread. We also greatly appreciate your patience as the teams work hard to respond to everyone's inquiries. The support team has received an influx of tickets, and with the recent holidays, a delay may occur. It is highly recommended to continue to reply to the emails received to keep your incident open. This will also keep your place in line as creating multiple tickets may also result in a delay in response.

For players that are experiencing freezing issues, please refer to the following help article for troubleshooting steps:

General Help for iPhone and iPad Games

If players had partaken in the recent sale of diamonds and didn't receive them, please reach out to our Technical Support Team with your player ID and order receipt details. The support team has the tools to ensure that you receive the correct amount and type of item in your game. Just in case it's needed, I'll include a help article below:

Finding Your In-Game ID

If players are seeing a server connection issue, it is recommended to ensure your wifi connection is strong. If issues still persist, the support team can help look into this. Please provide your player ID and a screenshot of the message. Below is a help article on how to take a screenshot.

Taking a Screenshot

annehaworth, please keep in mind that this thread is designated for the iOS platform. I'll include below a link to the PC platform technical issues thread:

Post your Midnight Castle (PC) Technical Issues Here Only!

Thank you for your patience and understanding. Feel free to PM any of the Active Moderators if you have any questions. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by Kimball321 on Jan 3, 17 1:15 AM
Once again I am having problems with the daily quest I have completed the quest twice now this morning I have to do the same quest again using the hint button getting fed up as it takes a while to complete chris

[Post New]by Kimball321 on Jan 3, 17 2:38 AM
I have now got to start again with the daily quest had three bronze globes now it says I have. To complete the hint game again I have done this three times already am I the only one having problems I am really fed up with game can you rectify this chris

Desertdruid
Salmon
Salmon
2,508 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Jan 3, 17 8:00 AM
I've been having worse-than-usual connection issues the last several days. I haven't even been able to log into the forum to report it since the 30th.
I will have a strong cellular signal (LTE) & be able to access other sites & Internet-dependent apps, but as soon as I try to get into a site, my connection strength drops to 1x & I can't get through to anything.
The only thing that helps is to shut everything down, then do something not Internet-dependent (i.e. work a sudoku), then try again. I might get in after several tries & retries, but not for long before I get "no connection" again. I get through maybe 1 HOS, then it loses the connection in the middle of the next. So I'm forced to do 1 HOS & close out, then try, try, try to get back in. Same with gifts. Accept a gift, close out, try to get back in. Then it sits on the title page with no snow falling, scrolling through the messages, until "no connection" & "retry" again, & again, & again.

All this takes a LOT of time & is beyond tedious. As a result, I've gotten way behind on the CC - I've got 38 hints to use still & its taken me a day & a half to use 12.
Druid i1916357, iPhone 5c, iOS version 9.2

bfgPanthalassa
2,195 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Jan 3, 17 9:54 AM
Hi All,

I understand that some players have been experiencing technical issues with the game, and I wanted to stop in to provide some assistance.

Kimball321, I'm sorry to hear that your Daily Quest progress has been resetting. It sounds like you've collected all of the required Globes to finish the quest, but are seeing the same one show up again. This may happen if the quest is completed or expires and the same one loads immediately after. The Daily Quests that show up are random, and so it's possible to see the same one occur a few times within the same time-frame.

If you're seeing an issue with the Globes that appears technical in nature, such as the Globes disappearing before the quest is completed or expires, our help articles may be useful. I encourage checking out the following, which contains some versatile steps that can help in many different situations.

General Help for iPhone and iPad Games

Desertdruid, I understand that you're seeing issues connecting to Big Fish Games sites, and I appreciate you taking the time to report this. Trying the steps under the Game crashing, freezing, or not working section of the above help article may be useful, as this helps make sure your device has the resources it needs to access the internet properly.

Additionally, if you're seeing this problem persist, we highly recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with your player ID and device information, such as model and iOS version. We encourage users to contact our Support Team if they're still seeing technical issues as our Reps can offer further troubleshooting. Some steps on locating that player ID to send can be found below, if needed:

Finding Your In-Game ID

Thank you for your patience.

bfgPanthalassa

Desertdruid
Salmon
Salmon
2,508 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Jan 3, 17 12:02 PM
Thank you, bfgPanthalassa, but I have been trying to get back in for the last 3+ hours to tell you I've already tried all the trouble-shooting tips multiple times. And the last time I contacted CS, they had me delete & reinstall the game. Clearly that did not fix it as I am continuing to have the problem. And I do not seem to be alone in this issue. Perhaps a server upgrade is needed?

I don't expect you to have a solution for me - I'm just letting you (& my friends here) know it's a continuing problem that's keeping me out of the game, & the forum. That way, when they don't hear from me, they have an idea why.

[Post New]by Lilliasea on Jan 3, 17 12:30 PM
Seeking assistance again. Have spent nearly $27. Have received some gold...not what I specified and the final transaction gave me nothing.

Too expensive. Where are the funds or ordered game gems? Frankly, considering gifting everything and looking for another game.

Too little response for maximum effort

Devilinwales
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by Devilinwales on Jan 4, 17 9:47 AM
Hi

I have posted part of this under Game Crashes to assist other iOS players

My game loads ok but then crashes without any warning or specific action taken by myself. It then re-boots ok, if a bit slower than normal but any progress before crash has not been recorded. I know this by noting I received 1 diamond from collecting morphing snowflakes and after re-boot it has reset to previous total.

On next try, however an additional 20 coins had been increased to my coin total ??

I also had game crash via help link to forum although I did get as far as the log in page before the crash.

I appreciate the customer service team may be really busy and would appreciate help from a moderator on how I should forward this on to them if it does not rectify itself over the next 24 hours.

I also sent 5 friends gifts after 16:00 hours UK and on latest re-boot I still have 5 gifts available to send. This makes me think that my game may be stuck in some sort of loop on the MC server as each crash sends it back to where it was before playing again.

The first crash was after 16:00 hours and in total I have now had 6 crashes in last 100 minutes and all go back to where game was apart from the addition of 20 coins !!

Thanks in anticipation of help

Devilinwales

bfgIlinalta
1,441 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Jan 4, 17 2:30 PM
Hello Everyone,

I first want to thank everybody for their patience as our Support Team works to help every player with their request personally. It is taking us longer than we would like to get back in touch, and our Reps have their heads down working hard so that we can help each one of our players as quickly as we can. In the meantime, I can see there have been a few more reports of issues as well as some requests for assistance that I would like to help with.

Thank you Desertdruid for taking the time to report what you are experiencing here. I'm sorry that those issues are continuing and seem to not have been resolved with troubleshooting. It totally makes sense to let other players know what is happening as well as reporting it to us. As soon as more information regarding that particular issue is provided to us, we'll be sure to let players know here in the forums.

Devilinwales, thank you so much for posting this and reporting what you are seeing with those details here. Just in case you haven't already, I'd like to provide the steps to contacting Support Team with that information so that we can provide those details to the right teams.

Lilliasea, I'm sorry to hear that some purchases didn't go through as expected. The Forums do not have the tools needed to help with a purchasing issue, and we absolutely want to help get you what was paid for, so I recommend contacting our Support Team using the steps below and provide for them the purchase confirmation of anything not received so that we can help with that further.

If you need to reach out to our Support Team, you can do so HERE. It is helpful if you provide your in-game ID and details of what is occurring, which helps our Reps assist more quickly. Our Reps are always happy to provide additional support for our games and will do their best to get back in touch as soon as possible.

Just in case it is helpful, the following guide has steps on finding an in-game ID in our games:

Finding Your In-Game ID

Thank you for your patience and time, and I hope this is helpful. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

LourayW
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by LourayW on Jan 5, 17 4:20 AM
I recently acheived level 70, and ceased receiving 'Active Amulet' which normally accompany the floating globes. I have tried to correct the problem by shutting down the game numerous times, plus closing my iPad, which has not fixed the issue.
Advice or assistance for BFG to resolve this matter would be appreciated

Otherwise enjoying the game and the Christmas event

Thanks
Louray

bfgPanthalassa
2,195 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Jan 5, 17 2:18 PM
Hi LourayW,

It sounds like you were getting an Active Amulet when collecting Snow Globes in the game, but are no longer seeing that in your profile. I appreciate you taking the time to let us know the troubleshooting steps you've already tried, and I understand that this is still happening after restarting the iPad and game.

Since it sounds like you may be seeing an ongoing glitch in the game I recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with your player ID and information about what you're seeing. The forums aren't well-equipped to provide in-depth assistance, however our Reps can offer further support and are always happy to help as best they can.

Thank you for your patience. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM one of our active Moderators.

bfgPanthalassa

Collen57
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by Collen57 on Jan 5, 17 8:38 PM
My game closes when trying to leave gifts under friends' trees. I have done all of the troubleshooting steps with no luck. One week ago I contacted support but haven't received a response. I know they are very busy due to the holiday, an estimated (and realistic) time frame for a response would be very much appreciated. At least I would know I'm in the queue.

I don't mean to sound grumpy, just thought another post about these issues would give the devs a better idea of how many of us are experiencing the same problems.

Thanks,
Nicole

Go to: